2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

Minnesota vs. Green Bay
Play: Green Bay -3

Brett Favre has been sick all week and on a back to back road series after out playing Pitt last week, and losing. Tough Spot for Minny against a fired up Packer bunch hell bent on revenge, and actually the Packer defense has better numbers and is playing better ball. I figured all year long these 2 would split home and home and I have not changed my mind. Minny out of sorts, throwing 51 times last week, and look for Packer D to shut down RB Petersen here and make a big game out of this, and win by 7-10 points.

Game of the Week 1.5 Units on Green Bay

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ron Raymond

Houston vs. Buffalo
Play: Buffalo +3.5

You know what? I’m a Bills believer they beat the Jets in their own barn two weeks ago and then won against Carolina with Defense last week. Both of those wins came on the road in a league where 57% of the time the last 5 years, the home teams wins. Plus, take away Week 3 and Week 4 and an argument can be made this Bills team could be 5-2 on the season. However, they are 3-4 SU and with a home win against the Texans, they can get back to respectability.

ATS Angle: When HOUSTON TEXANS team played as a Road team - Vs Non Division Opponent - With 6 day off - Coming off a win on grass; the Texans are 1-9 straight up (SU) and Against the Spread (ATS) in this spot since 2002.

Forecast: Buffalo 21 Houston 17

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

Miami vs. Jets
Play; Jets -3

This situation doesn’t set up much better for New York in this game. Miami is coming off of a demoralizing home loss against New Orleans, in a game that they were up 24-3 late in the 1st half. They now have to travel to New York and face a Jets team that comes in wanting revenge for the Monday night loss to Miami a few weeks ago. Rex Ryan’s defense was embarrassed in that game, and I fully expect him to have his team prepared to face Miami’s rush based offense. Ryan should come up with a good game plan against the Wildcat style rushing offense, which torched the Jets in the first match-up. In addition, New York has a decent home field advantage, which should help them out against a demoralized Dolphins team. The Jets looked like the better team when they played a few weeks ago, despite losing outright. New York’s improved defense will be the difference in this game.

3 UNIT SELECTION JETS

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

Denver vs. Baltimore

For the third straight game, the unbeaten Broncos come in as the underdog. Finally we believe the oddsmakers will catch up on them. Both of these teams come off bye weeks, but there is a far greater sense of urgency on the Ravens sideline. Denver, for all its naysayers, has taken control of the AFC West with their big Monday Night win over the Chargers two weeks ago. Baltimore, meanwhile, has lost three straight and is desperate for a victory here. After three weeks and a 3-0 start some NFL insiders were calling the Ravens the best team in the league. Have they suddenly lost it? Not at all. In fact, the three losses to Cincinnati, New England and Minnesota, three of the best seven teams in football, came by a combined 11 points and two of them easily could have been wins as they lost on the game's final play. They were even in position to beat the Patriots in New England if not for a dropped pass by Mark Clayton inside the 10 yd line on a 4th down. Baltimore has a strong history coming out of bye weeks, covering six of seven in this situation. They are also 9-2 ATS as a favorite under HC Harbaugh and 5-1 ATS in the last six meetings with Denver. This will be the first time all season where the Broncos have faced a strong offensive club on the road. QB Flacco ranks 4th in the NFL in passing yards. Counterpart Orton does not have the neccessary tools to take advantage of the Ravens secondary. Baltimore is our NFL Oddsmaker Mismatch.

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

500* Carolina
300* Baltimore
100* Buffalo
100* Jets Under
50* Tease Over Buff/Under Dall

100* Steam Rams

50* Philly +1.5 runs

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Beatyourbookie

100* Boston Celtics

100* Yankees

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DESTROY THE BOOK SPORTS

7* Destroyer AGC GOM Baltimore -3 (buy the hook) On ML Also -200
6* NYG -1
5* Minnesota +3
5* Miami/Jets under 41
5* Buff +3.5
5* Carolina +10

Rangers -145

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

300♦ DENVER BRONCOS - I'm worried about one person - Ray Lewis. But one person does not a team make! And I counter Baltimore's Lewis with argubaly one of the best motivating defensive players in the game - Brian Dawkins! Now you take two of the most electrifying players out of the mix, and you have to ask yourself who's getting it done more impressively ... Baltimore or Denver?

The Ravens are 3-3 after losing three straight, including one to the Patriots, who the Broncos defeated. Including one to the surprising Bengals, who lost to the Broncos in Week 1. Who has Baltimore beaten? Kansas City (1-6), San Diego (3-3) and Cleveland (1-6). That's a combined 5-15 record amongst three teams that will be lucky to make the playoffs. Yes, that includes the Chargers, because I don't believe a team out of the AFC West will get a wildcard berth, and right now, Denver is running away with the division.

Now, as for the Broncos, who have they beaten? The Bengals, who are tied for first in the AFC North at 5-2; the Cowboys, who are 1/2-game out in the NFC East; the Patriots, who are in sole possession of first place in the AFC East with a 5-2 mark; and, the aforementioned Chargers, who are the closest competitor to the Broncos in the AFC West.

The competition has simply been that much better and having a week off to prepare and study game film is going to allow that stifling defense to bother Joe Flacco and company, while stuffing the run and leaving the Ravens with no options offensively.

These are two of my favorite teams to watch this season, and I must tell you it is imperative to get +3-1/2 points with the Broncos in this one, cause it wouldn't surprise me to see this being a tight game either. And in the event the Ravens eke this one out, it's going to be by a field goal. Otherwise, it's the Broncos winning. Take the dog and again, get +3-1/2 points in this contest, and buy the 1/2 point if necessary.

300♦ DETROIT LIONS - Two crappy teams is never the way to go in any professional sport; but something about the aforementioned theory - schedule strength and performance - has me intrigued about the Lions. I won't get too long-winded on this, I'll just hit the main points.

Aside from the fact the Lions finally snapped their extended losing streak this season, I like the way they put up 27 points in the opener against the Saints. That's stuck in my head each week, given the fact only one other team the Saints have played have scored more than that. Miami put up 34 last week, and the week prior the Giants equally scored 27 as well. But the Eagles, Bills and Jets - all teams I'd guess would be favored over Detroit - averaged a mere 13 points against New Orleans.

Detroit was competitive in Chicago before the Bears pulled away for a 48-24 win and the Lions put a 20-spot on the Steelers on Oct. 11.

As for the Rams, they're now the laughingstock of the NFL with the extended losing skid. They've hit the 20-point mark ONCE this season, and are averaging less than 10 points per game after seven contests. Other than Green Bay and Minnesota, I'm not necessarily impressed with the Rams' schedule, as they've also played the Seahawks, Redskins, Niners and Jaguars - a quartet with a combined record of 10-15.

Say what you will about the Lions, they're not as bad as St. Louis. I'm laying the points.

300♦ DALLAS COWBOYS - Forget the Seahawks' two shutout wins - they're jaded and don't characterize how they really play. One win was against the hapless Rams and the other was against a travel-weary Jaguars team that had no shot. Instead, focus on the four losses that saw Seattle fail to score more than 19 points and that it lost by an average final of 27-12.

Though Seattle has had two weeks to prepare for this one, it doesn't scare me against a Dallas team that seems to have found its offense after taking its own bye week. Last week they pasted Atlanta, 37-21, and before hitting the road for Philly and Green Bay the next two weeks, I believe this is a team that needs another blowout to build that confidence and get the engine well greased for two tough contests on the highway.

Besides, the Seahawks buck the league trend of being successfule after resting for week, as they're sporting an abysmal 2-8 mark after byes.

Dallas got key personnel back last week, thanks to its bye, and with the rushing game once again healthy, you're going to see this offense come together nicely. Between Felix Jones' openfield antics, Marion Barber's power game and Tony Romo going vertical with Miles Austin, the question won't be if the Cowboys cover or not, but how much they're going to cover by?

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris James Sports

2* Houston Texans -3.5
2* New York Jets -3.5
2* Baltimore Ravens -3.5

He suggests to buy all 3 games down to -3

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KBHoops

5* Packers -3 -120 **POD**
4* Baltimore -4 -120
4* Jacksonville +3
4* Dallas -9.5
4* Buffalo +3.5

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

Miami at N.Y. Jets Under

N.Y. Jets -3

St. Louis +4

Baltimore -3

Carolina +10.5

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

FANTASY SPORTS GAMETIME

100* Play Denver (+3.5) over Baltimore

Denver is a surprising 6-0 this season and 6-0 against the spread. The Bronco Defense ranks No.1 overall and is allowing a stout 11.0 points per game. While dominating the second half of games, the Broncos have allowed only 1 TD (rushing) and one field goal in six games. In those six games, the offense has outscored its opponents 73-10 in the second half. QB Kyle Orton is averaging 244 yards passing per game with 9 TD’s and 1 INT. Baltimore is 1-4 against the spread in their last 5 homes games vs. a team with a winning road record.

100* Play San Diego (-16.5) over Oakland

Oakland has lost 16 of the last 19 games after scoring 14 points or less in their last game and they have also lost 9 of the last 11 games when playing in weeks five through nine. Oakland has lost 5 consecutive games vs. San Diego over the last 3 seasons and they are only averaging 6 points a game on offense over the last 3 games.

50* Play Central Florida (-7) over Marshall

Central Florida has covered the spread in 6 of the last 7 games vs. Marshall and they have also covered the spread in 5 of their 6 games this season. Central Florida has won and covered the spread in 4 consecutive games as a home favorite of 7 points or less and they are only allowing an average of 16 points a game on defense over the last 3 games.

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Millionaires Club Guaranteed Selections

94% NFL ULTRA AFC PLAY OF THE YEAR

Buffalo +3.5

Posted : November 1, 2009 12:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Blazer