3* Kansas City
3* Indianapolis

Posted : November 14, 2010 8:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

401ksports

4* HOUSTON +1 over Jacksonville

I know the jags are coming off their bye week and they looked good when they defeated the Cowboys before the bye week. Realize it was the Cowboys and we all know what kind of mess the Cowboys are. Before that win, the jags lost their previous two games prior by 20+ points Three of their wins have come against Dallas 1-7, Buffalo 0-8, Denver 2-6....The Jags are just 2-12 ATS last 14 at home as a favorite and are just 5-11 ATS versus Houston... The Texans in the last four weeks have faced three division leaders and the #1 offensive team in the Chargers. They did not play badly especially on defense where they held the Chargers to below their season average on offense. The Texans are in a must win here. After that ball went thru the hands and off the knee of wide out Andre Johnson, cost the Texans a win last week, look for him to bounce back in a strong way here versus the #28 defense against the pass and #28 overall. I know the Texans defense has been bad but this Jags offense is just #23 overall. That is after facing two really bad defenses so their offense maybe even worse than #23....I just believe the Texans after facing four straight quality opponents bounce back here and get a much needed win against a team they have had some success with ATS.........Houston 31 Jacksonville 23!!!

Posted : November 14, 2010 8:41 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

30 Dime Jacksonville

25 Dime Denver

Posted : November 14, 2010 9:01 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Fargo

GOY - Houston
GOM - New England
NY Giants Under
Carolina
Minnesota

Posted : November 14, 2010 9:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NSA

20* Miami +1½
20* NY Jets -3
20* Kansas City -1
10* Houston +1½
10* Minnesota -1
10* Arizona -3

Posted : November 14, 2010 9:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

National Sports Service

4* San Francisco -6

3* Dallas/N.Y. Giants Over 45½

3* Pittsburgh -4½

Posted : November 14, 2010 9:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

40 Dime St Louis Rams

Posted : November 14, 2010 9:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS LOCK CLUB

5 Units Jets -3
5 Units Tampa Bay -6.5
4 Units Pats +5
4 Units Tennessee +1

Posted : November 14, 2010 9:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Payne Sports

TB +7
Clev +3
Tenn -1

Posted : November 14, 2010 9:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

50 Dime Browns

15 Dime Browns ML

Damn right I’m backing Cleveland for the second straight week as a home underdog against an overrated AFC East foe!

Last week, the Browns not only covered as a 4-point home pup against the Patriots; they jumped out to a 10-0 lead and never loaked back, rolling to a wire-to-wire 34-14 victory. Now Cleveland entertains the Jets, who were beyond lucky to escape with a win at Detroit last week (New York trailed 20-10 with less than four minutes to play but rallied to tie it – thanks to some questionable clock-management by the Lions – and then won it 23-20 in overtime).

Not only is this New York’s second straight road game but it’s the team’s fifth trip in the last seven games. On the other hand, the Browns followed up consecutive road games at Pittsburgh and New Orleans (30-17 win) with a bye week before last week’s home contest against New England. So the situation clearly favors the Browns (home for the third straight week if you include the bye) over New York (back-to-back roadies, five of the last seven on the highway).

You’re likely aware that this game is full of subplots. You’ve got Browns coach Eric Mangini facing the team that fired him two years ago; you’ve got Browns castoff WR Braylon Edwards returning to Cleveland (he made some ridiculous comments this week about wanting to stick it to the Browns this week, so I fully expect Edwards – always a me-first guy – to play outside the team concept today); and you’ve got Jets coach Rex Ryan going up against his brother, Cleveland defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

Both brothers are defensive gurus, but in my opinion, Rob Ryan isn’t getting enough credit for the job he’s done with the Browns. Only two teams have scored more than 20 points against the Browns this season – Pittsburgh put up 28; Baltimore put up 24, and both those teams were at home. Eliminate those two contests, and the Browns have surrendered 17.3 ppg. And in the last two contests, Cleveland has held Drew Brees and the Saints and Tom Brady and the Patriots to 17 and 14 points, respectively.

Now here comes Mark Sanchez and the Jets’ offense, which I think we’d all aglree is far less explosive than either the Saints or Patriots. In fact, with a few rare exceptions, Sanchez has shown no signs of progress to me. Here we are in Week 9 and only once has Sanchez finished a game where he’s completed more than 58 percent of his passes, and that was against New England, whose secondary is way below average.

Push that Patriots game to the side, and Sanchez is completing just 51 percent of his throws for an average of 210 yards with 7 TDs vs. 5 INTs and an incredibly weak 6.6 yards per pass attempt. By comparison, blossoming rookie QB Colt McCoy has completed 67.7 percent of his throws since taking over as the Browns’ starter, and he’s averaging 7.8 yards per pass. And unlike Sanchez, McCoy brings the added dimension of being mobile (he ran for a 16-yard TD vs. the Patriots last week).

True, McCoy will have his work cut out for him today against an outstanding Jets defense. But he’s got a security blanket behind him in emerging RB Peyton Hillis, who last week gashed New England for 184 yards (averaging 6.3 yards per carry).

Bottom line here: As I said last week when I backed the Browns, they’re much better than their 3-5 record indicates, and in fact have had a second-half lead in all but one game this season (28-10 loss at the Steelers, which was McCoy’s first start). Also, I noted last week that Cleveland has been tremerdous at covering pointspreads. An update of those numbers: The Browns are ATS runs of 11-4 overall, 6-2 at home, 9-2 against AFC opponents, 9-3 as an underdog, 4-1 as a home underdog.

Meanwhile, New York has failed to cover in four of its last five when favored by three points or less, nine of 13 when coming off an ATS setback and five of its last six in November. Note this trend, too: The last eight road favorites that played an overtime game then went back on the road as a chalk the next week have just one spread-cover.

For the second straight week, I’m telling you the Browns are being underrated by the oddsmakers, who aren’t taking into account all the road trips the Jets have been taking lately. And you know every player in that Cleveland locker room wants this game BADLY for their head coach.

I say the Browns get it, 20-17.

Posted : November 14, 2010 10:38 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KELSO

50 Units Steelers -4.5
50 Units TB Bucs -7
25 Units Bills -2
10 Units Bengals +7
3 Units Texans +1.5
3 Units Rams +5.5