8 Units Baltimore +1.5

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:10 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Gary Olshan

Bengals at Raiders
Pick: Bengals -9

Though Cincy could be expected to suffer a letdown following upsets vs. Baltimore and Pittsburgh, believe Bengals can overcome it vs. a lowly Oakland squad, whose offense is almost as putrid as the Brown attack. Raider QB Russell is showing no progress at all, and doubt Raiders run for much vs. a tough Bengal front 7 that has allowed only 4 rush TDs.

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:14 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Northcoast

4* GOM NYG
3* NE
3* Minn

Marquee Phil Over

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:20 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Boston Blackie

5* KC +10.5

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:21 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

3* Seattle
3* Oakland
3* Philadelphia

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:21 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Game Breaker

Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Pick Tampa Bay +11

An ugly pick but the Saints are a double-digit favorite and qualify as a go-against under the strongest ATS system I track. The Saints will put up 24+ but with their injuries on defense I don't think it will be enough to cover. Freeman is giving the Tampa offense life and he has the advantage of home field. This is also a reverse line move spot, with 67% of all bets on the Saints (public money) but the line has gone DOWN from -11.5 to -10.5. Seen this movie before. To cap it off, the Saints have won their last 3 as double digit favorites as in the case here but are 0-3 vs the spread. With a game vs the Patriots next week, I'll hold my nose and back the Bucs for a 4* Play.

Green Bay at San Francisco
Pick San Francisco +6.5

I think SF is in a good spot to fight hard. They've played hard on the road (3-0-1 ATS) including a recent tight loss vs Indy. I think they have enough D to take advantage of GB's O-line issues and have the potential to pull an outright upset. GB beat the Cowboys but I'm not convinced, especially laying the big number. Take the 49ers for a 3* Play.

Minnesota at Seattle
Pick Seattle +10.5

A reverse line-move game with the public squarely on the Vikings. I like Seattle's potential to put up the cover with Hasselbeck playing very well recently. Seattle for a 3* play.

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:27 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Ryan

15* Chicago Bears

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:28 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Young Gun Sports

4* Celtics
3* Pacers Over
3* Hornets

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:28 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Cincinnati vs. Oakland

For a number of different reasons I look for the large home dog to do just enough to sneak away with the ATS victory with the large spread its been afforded:

After going 4-11-1 last season, Cincinnati (7-2) is in command atop the AFC North. We were on the Bengals last week when they beat Pittsburgh 18-12 last Sunday, however I look for them to play with a small amount of complacency in this one.

Cinncy will also be dealing with Cedric Benson on the sideline due to injury and the arrival of Larry Johnson to fill in.

Cincinnati has lost four straight and 13 of 14 road matchups with the Raiders (2-7), including two playoff defeats.

Playing on the road is, and always has been the "achilles heel" of this team; longterm the Bengals are 7-15 SU their last 22 away from friendly confines and just 1-4 ATS their last five in Oakland.

On the other side of the field: Good news; Jamarcus Russell will not be starting this game; whether it's Bruce Gradkowski or Charlie Frye manning the helm, I expect to see more production from either of them vs. Russell.

The Raiders have a decent defense which is the only thing keeping them in games at times.

Bottom line: Let's not kid ourselves, the Raiders are a horrible team that have had to deal with many on and off field issues. That being said, they always play tough at home and I look for the QB shakeup to generate some momentum; look for the RAIDERS to improve to 2-0 ATS as a home underdog of 7 1/2 to 10 points and for the Bengals to fall to 0-4 ATS as a favorite of 3 1/2 to 9 1/2 points! 8* RAIDERS.

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Atlanta vs. Giants

It is clear that the Giants are going to go as far Eli Manning is willing to take them. The recent losing streak can be credited to the injury to Manning. This week Eli will be back to full strength and will want to make a statement to the rest of the NFL that he is one of the best QB's in the league. The Falcons Matt Ryan has struggled over the last month for the first time in his young career however he cannot blame it on any injury. The Falcons will be without Michael Turner today which will hurt the balance of their offense. The Giants have a big offensive line and should dominate today. Take the GMen.

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ron Raymond

Arizona vs. St. Louis

When ARIZONA CARDINALS team played as a Road team - Vs Conference Opponent - Scored 31 points or more FOR in their last game; the Cards are 2-12 SU in their next game.

One of the best words of advice given to me when I served in the forces, was, “expect the unexpected!” This quote can fit in perfectly here for the Cards, their last 5 opponents have struggled this season and the Cards have won 4 of their last 5 games. The Rams played the Saints tough at home last week and to lay -9 points on the Cards on the road is a risky proposition in my view. Rams pull the division game of the week stunner

Forecast: St.Louis 24 Arizona 21

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:33 am
Page 3 / 5
Share: