88 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ron Raymond

San Francisco vs. Houston

When SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS team played as Road team as a Underdog - Coming off vs National Conference opponent - Coming off 1 ATS lost; The 49ers are 11-3-0 ATS in this role since ’83.
Forecast: San Francisco 21 Houston 17

2* SAN FRAN

Posted : October 25, 2009 10:44 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

San Diego vs. Kansas City

San Diego is 1-5 ATS last 3 years in a road game when the total is between 42 1/2 and 45. San Diego defense is allowing 27.2 points per game overall this year and 29 points per game on the road this season. San Diego won by 1 point a year ago right here in Kansas City and I'm expecting another close game today. Chargers are 2-5 ATS vs. a team with a losing record. Chargers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a SU loss. Chargers are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games as a road favorite of 3.5-10.0. Chargers are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games as a favorite. Chargers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game. Chargers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games. Chargers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games on grass. Chargers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games overall. Chargers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 vs. AFC. Chargers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games as a road favorite. Chargers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games in October. Chiefs are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games in Week 7. Chiefs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. AFC West. Chiefs are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win. Chargers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 meetings. Chargers are 3-8-1 ATS in their last 12 meetings in Kansas City. Underdog is 11-4-1 ATS in their last 16 meetings. We'll play Kansas City for 3 units today!

Posted : October 25, 2009 10:45 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

Minnesota vs. Pittsburgh

Minnys defense gave up tons of yards and points to Green Bay and Baltimore, and Pitt defense will allow points as well. All Playmakers on offense for BOTH teams, 2 great QBs in what should be a battle of wills on Sunday. Both teams will throw it, both teams defenses give up lots of passing yards.

Play 1 Unit OVER

Posted : October 25, 2009 10:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Buffalo vs. Carolina

The Panthers host the Bills in an NFC/AFC showdown in a great winning situation Sunday afternoon. That's because NFL non-division road dogs off a SU division road dog win as +6 or more points are 6-17-1 ATS if they are off win-win exact, including 0-12 ATS from Game Six or later of they are a dog of more than 3 points in this game. In addition, Buffalo is 0-7 ATS as a road dog off a double-digit ATS win. With Carolina 7-0 ATS off a division game when facing a sub .500 opponent, we'll lay the points with the Panthers here today. We recommend a 3-unit play on Carolina.

Posted : October 25, 2009 10:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

Arizona vs. Giants

Last week's results set us up beautifully here. The Giants return home after getting humiliated by the Saints, 48-27, in New Orleans. We cashed that matchup as our 20* Favorite of the Month. Arizona, meanwhile, went into Seattle and dominated the Seahawks as three-point underdogs, winning outright 27-3. We cashed the Cards in that matchup as well. The bottom line is that when you take the defending NFC Champs out on the non-division road, they are out of their element. They are just 2-11 ATS their last 13 times in that role, including four losses to the Eagles, Colts, Vikings and Patriots by a combined 161-51 margin! Keep in mind that before last week's win in Seattle, the Arizona defense ranked dead last in the league in pass defense. In other words, look for Giants QB Eli Manning to bounce back as he has suprisingly not missed the incarcerated Plaxico Burress at all thanks to the onset of Mario Manningham and Steve Smith, who has relegated his Carolina counterpart with the same namesake to "other" status. Further illustrating the belief that the East Division in the NFC is vastly superior to the West is that New York is 9-1 ATS vs. the NFC West while Arizona is 1-7 ATS vs. the NFC East. In fact, the Cards were 0-4 SU/ATS on the East Coast last season, losing in Washington, New York (Jets), New England and Philly by an average score of 43.75 to 19.75! They have lost 15 straight regular season road games to teams with a winning record. There is no doubt in our minds who is the more balanced team here. The G-Men have an excellent ground game thanks to RB's Bradshaw and Jacobs while the Cardinals are averaging barely three yards per rush. Any chance the immobile QB Kurt Warner might have in attacking a injury-hit Giants secondary will be negated by a fierce pass rush. New York has won its two home games this season by an average of more than three touchdowns. They are 13-4 ATS their last 17 games as chalk. Road underdogs off a SU win by two touchdowns or more (as an underdog) are hitting just 36% since 1983. This might be a matchup of the previous two NFC Champs, but it won't look like that come Sunday night. NY Giants are our Sunday Night Smash.

Posted : October 25, 2009 10:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pure Lock

Oakland

Posted : October 25, 2009 10:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SEABASS

200 Pitt
100 Mia
100 SF
100 Buff
50 NYJ/OAK Under
50 Indy
30 Dal
50 6.5 pt tease NO under/NE

Posted : October 25, 2009 10:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Drew Gordon

1. 300,000♦ Dolphins

2. 50,000♦ Steelers

1. Dolphins- Absolutely love this spot for the Fish, as they've got a multitude of factors in their favor, from perception, to rest/prep time, to home field, and on and on! Guys, I know after watching the Saints crush the Giants last week, A LOT of you are on the Saints once again today, but that's EXACTLY what Vegas wants you to do! Don't fall for this obvious trap, and I'll explain why and how the Dolphins cover in the following paragraphs...

First, let's start with perception, as the everyone and their grandmothers think the 5-0 Saints are unbeatable to this point. With the league's top-ranked offense and a defense that "appears" to have vastly improved, how can the 2-3 Phins possibly stick with the high-powered Saints, right? WRONG! The Saints may be 5-0, but that's a flimsy 5-0 at best. Why? Besides the Giants, tell me one good team they've beaten? Eagles with Kevin Kolb starting NO. Jets who are now 3-3 and look like a very average team under the struggling "Sanchise" NO. Then you add in wins against Detroit, and Buffalo and there's your 5-0... Sorry, but I'm hardly impressed, and if anything, we should be looking at a prime letdown spot here one game removed from he Saints HUGE win over the Giants.

Next, there's the fact the Dolphins come into this contest off a bye. They got to see the Saints beat up on the Giants last week, and Sparano and company got an extra week to rest and prepare for this one. Dolphins are 4-1-1 ATS in their L6 coming off a bye, and needless to say the Parcell's disciple knows how to game-plain with extra prep time. You simply cannot overlook the value of getting a live home dog coming off a bye in a game no one expects them to win!

Then there's the home field edge and what I like to call the "battle-tested" edge. Home feld is self explanatory, but as far as battle-tested-ness, the fact the Saints have yet to trail in a game this season is a big-time red flag. Why? Because we know the Dolphins are going to slow down the game by running the rock down the Saints throat. Miami will force the Saints to play a close, black-and-blue style of game, and I belive that's the ONLY way to beat Brees and company, as your sure as hell not going to keep pace with their offense. Miami has been in several close games this seasn, and their style of play is perfectly matched to slow this kind of offense (just like they did in the Colts game, know all they have to do is play a little defense).

Finally, going back to something I said earlier: I told you that the Saints stop-unit "appears" to be vastly improved, but I put appears in quotations for a reason. You see, because the Saints have yet to trail this season, their defense has been able to pad their stats as teams are forced to throw the ball all over the field trying to close the gap. Trust me, New Orleans defense may be improved, but not by nearly the amount people are giving them credit for. In the end, take the points and watch, as the Phins execute a similar gameplan as the one they did against the Colts, but this time they get it right (thanks to the extra prep time).

Take the Dolphins plus the points over the Saints as your top-rated play of the day.

2. Steelers- Speaking of teams that are OVERRATED, the Vikings are another good example. Don't get me wrong, Minnesota is a very good team, but the way the media is piling praise on them, you'd think they were a complete team when they're definately NOT. Read on...

Yes, the Vikings offense is damn good, with the best RB in the world, coupled with a resurgent Favre, who's benefied greatly from seeing one-on-one coverage on the outside thanks to Peterson. However, where the Vikings are vulnerable is on the other side of the ball, allowing 21 ppg on a whopping 424 total yards over their L3 games! Guys, I don't care how perfect your record is, having a middle-of-the-road defense will cost your team eventually... And that eventuality happens today in Pittsburgh.

So why lay this many with the Steelers? Well, its more a play against the Vikes, who I expect will lay an egg following a VERY hard-fought battle with the Ravens last week. Its never easy to play back-to-back top-tier defenses, and I suspect we'll see a major drop-off in the Vikings offense today because of it. Pittsburgh meanwhile is coming off back-to-back tune-up games against the Lions and Browns, and will have their full attention on grabbing the NFL spotlight with a big win today against the unbeaten Vikings.

Speaking of defense, while many think the Vikings can torch the Steelers defense just like they did the Ravens last week, I disagree. Fact is the Ravens defense ain't what it used to be, but the Steelers are as good as ever, allowing 17 ppg on just 256 total yards at Heinz Field this season. The return of a healthy Polamalu cannot be underscored, and he looked great against the Browns, grabbing an INT. Look for the Steelers to really put the clamps on an unfocused Vikings offense in this one.

Finally, several trends really stood out to me: A. The Steelers are 20-7 ATS as 3' to 10 home favorites, which should be music to Pittsburgh-backers in this one. B. The Steelers also step up when playing tougher competition, going 7-2 ATS their L9 games against teams with a winning record. Vikings meanwhile are just 5-12 ATS after a SU win AND just 2-6-1 ATS in their L9 non-conference road games. In the end, it may look tempting to grab the points with the undefeated team, but rest-assured, Minnesota won't remain unbeaten after this contest, as the Steelers get the solid home win and cover Sunday.

Take the Steelers over the Vikings in this NFL match up.

Posted : October 25, 2009 10:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Larry Ness

25* NFL Side and Total Parlay of the Year (off 5-2 CFB week)

My 25* Side and Total Parlay of the Year is on the Dal Cowboys and Atl/Dal Over at 4:15 ET. The Cowboys have the league's second-rated offense (420.4 YPG) and third-rated rushing attack (161.0 YPG) but have averaged a rather modest 24.4 PPG (10 teams are averaging more). QB Tony Romo has received most of the blame and the Cowboys return off a bye week to host the 4-1 Falcons (last year was no fluke!). Dallas' week off was beneficial, as the Cowboys saw the other three teams in the NFC East all lose, putting the Cowboys into a second-place tie with the Eagles, 1 1/2 games behind the New Giants. The downside to Dallas' 3-2 start is the fact that all three wins have come against then-winless opponents (Tampa Bay, Carolina and Kansas City). The Cowboys needed OT in their most recent win, a 26-20 win at Kansas City (Oct 11). WR Austin Miles had a career-day in that one, catching 10 passes for a team-record 250 yards with two TDs (including the game-winner in OT). I won't give up just yet on Romo and with TE Witten (team-high 28 catches), Miles, Roy Williams and Crayton, the Cowboys' receiving corps may still develop into a potent unit. That group could have a big day against the Falcons, who placed starting CB Brian Williams on injured reserve Tuesday with a knee injury. The Dallas running game is expected to get a boost with the return of Felix Jones (212 YR / 10.1 YPC), who joins Barber (297 YR / 5.1 YPC) and Choice (225 YR / 5.1 YPC). I'm not sure there is a more versatile trio in the league. Atlanta's rush D is allowing 4.7 YPC and I expect Dallas to be able to both run and throw on the Falcons. Atlanta's running game ranked second to only the Giants in 2008 (152.7 YPG / 4.4 YPG), as Turner ran for 1,699 yards (4.5 YPC / 17 TDs). It hasn't been the same in 2009 though, averaging a modest 98.6 YPG (just 3.4 YPC), as Turner has only 353 YR (3.5 YPC), which is an average of 70.6 per game (averaged 106.2 LY!). Turner has a chest injury and has been limited in practice this week. The injury isn't expected to keep Turner out of this game but he'll have to work for yards against a Dallas defense which hasn't allowed a rushing TD or a 100-yard rusher since Week 1. Atlanta is relying more on QB Matt Ryan in 2009 and this year he not only has an excellent WR (White) but the Falcons have added future Hall-of-Fame TE Gonzalez. The Dallas pass D is vulnerable, allowing 62.8% for 251 YPG with eight TDs and just two INTs in 183 attempts (shutting down Ryan will not be easy). The good news on the Dallas side is that the pass rush, which had no sacks in its first two games, has recorded 10 in the next three. Balancing that however, is that Atlanta hasn't allowed a sack in its last four games after Matt Ryan was dropped twice in its opener. Bottom line is, I ses a high-scoring game. I do however favor the Cowboys to win, as the Falcons are in a brutal stretch. They had a Week 4 bye, then traveled cross-country to rout San Francisco 45-10, returned last Sunday night for a tough 21-14 home win over the Bears and this week are in Dallas (also must visit New Orleans next Monday night!). Meanwhile, the Cowboys are off a bye and the team has unanimously called this game. "the biggest of the season." Dallas came out of its bye week last year just 5-4 but returned to go 3-0 SU and ATS (outscored opponents 83-41). With Seattle up next at home (surely a game the team expects to win) but then road games at Philly and Green Bay to follow, the Cowboys know how important a win over the Falcons would be (Dallas would be 5-2 heading into its Philly/GB road trip). My Side and Total Parlay of the Year is a 25* on Dallas and the Over.

20* Club-80 Play-NFL (4-1 or 80% in FB '09!)

My 20* Club-80 Play is on the NY Giants at 8:20 ET. The last two NFC champions meet Sunday night at Giants Stadium, with the Cardinals seeking a third straight victory (now 3-2 after a 10-2 start) and the Giants still smarting more than a little from their first loss of the season in Week 6. The Giants opened the '09 season 5-0 but were blasted by Brees and the Saints in New Orleans (I had the Saints in that "Battle of New Orleans') last week to fall to 5-1. The Giants entered last week's game with the NFL's No.1 defense in YPG allowed (210.6) and were tied for second in points allowed (14.2). The pass D (despite some injuries) was allowing an almost hard to believe 105.0 YPG, as opposing QBs were completing just 52.4% with four TDs and five INTs while getting sacked 14 times. The Saints won 48-27, as Brees completed 23-of-30 passes for 369 yards with four TDs and zero INTs. However, despite that Brees onslaught, the Giants still enter this Week 7 Sunday night game at home with the NFL's top-rated D, (allowing 257.7 YPG). The pass D got battered last week but still allows just 149.0 YPG after six contests. Warner is of course still Warner, plus owns that fabulous WR trio of Boldin, Breaston and Fitzgerald. However, few would argue that Warner is still one of the NFL's least mobile QBs, which should have the Giants' DL (arguably the NFL's deepest and best) salivating. What's more, is that while the Cards made it all the way to the Super Bowl in 2008 despite an running game which was an NFL-worst with 73.6 YPG (3.5 YPC), this year's running game is even WORSE! The Cards talked about a more balanced offense this year, as they were confident that Hightower and their No. 1 pick (Ohio State's Wells) were both ready to be major contributors. However, the Cards enter this game averaging an NFL-low 57.6 YPG on the ground (3.5 YPC). We all know about Arizona's long-time troubles in the Eastern time zone and Arizona is catching the Giants in a very nasty mood on a field where wind can limit the passing game (VERY bad news for a team with no running game) and as already mentioned, that New York front-four (with all its talent and depth) can really put tons of pressure on Kurt Warner. Speaking of running the football, even with Ward gone (Bradshaw looks better) and Jacobs yet to reach his "prime form," the Giants are averaging 147.7 YPG on the ground, hardly much of a drop from LY's league-leading total of 157.4 YPG. Then there is Eli. He had QB ratings of 55.4, 75.9. 77.0 and 73.9 in his first four seasons (54.7% / 77-64 ratio) but matured quickly as an NFL quarterback in leading the Giants to a Super Bowl win after the 2007 regular season. He led the Giants to three straight road wins in the postseason and then the upset of the 18-0 Pats in the Super Bowl. He came back in 2008 with his best statistical season (60.3% / 21-10 ratio / 86.4 rating) in leading the Giants to the NFC's No. 1 seed but then played poorly in a playoff loss to the Eagles. He's been superb in 2009, completing 60.8% with an 11-3 ratio and an 102.2 QB rating. He's developed new receivers with Burress and Toomer gone, as Smith has 41 catches (4 TDs) and Manningham 20 (16.3 YPC / 4 TDs). Eli will be throwing against an Arizona team which entered last week's game in Seattle allowing the most passing yards in the NFL at 303.0 YPG (62.8% / 9-3 ratio / just eight sacks). Seattle has MAJOR issues on the OL and it showed, as Haselbeck was AWFUL (10-29 for 112 yards / 0-1 ratio / 32.5 rating!). Even with that effort, the Arizona pass D is allowing 265 YPG with nine TDs and just four INTs. The Cardinals' run defense is the best in the league, allowing an average of 59.6 YPG but one wonders if that's due partly to its sieve-like pass D getting exploited. The Cards three wins have come over the Jags, Texans and Seahawks, while they've lost to the up-and-coming 49 ers and were 'toyed' with by Peyton and the Colts. I look for Peyton's brother Eli to have similar success. The Giants gave up 34 points in the first half to the Saints last week and 493 yards for the game, their highest total allowed since the 1988 season. The vaunted pass rush produced ZERO sacks after notching 14 during the team's 5-0 start. Think the Giants will be focused for this home game on Sunday night? Now to the technical trends. The Giants are 9-1 ATS vs the very weak NFC West since 2005 while during that same time frame, "going against" the Cardinals when they were facing NFC East squads gave one a 7-3 ATS mark. That combo gives me a 16-4 (80%) trend to back up overwhelming fundamental advantages held by the Giants. Club-80 Play 20* NY Giants.

Oddsmaker's Error (won last time with Seattle, 41-0!)

My 15* Oddsmaker's Error is on New Orleans was just 8-8 last year but as I mentioned in the preseason, they outscored (463-393) and out-gained their opponents, not typical for a .500 team. Everyone knows about Brees, who in his first three season with the Saints averaged better than 4,600 passing yards per year (about 290 per game!) with an 88-45 ratio. He EXPLODED out of the blocks this year throwing nine TDs and two INTs in his first two games (334.5 YPG) but then didn't throw a TD or INT in his next two (181.0 YPG). Brees was "back in a groove" vs the Giants last week, going 23-of-30 for 369 yards with four TDs and no INTs in New Orleans' 48-27 win. Reggie Bush is now the team's third option at RB, as it's either Bell and Thomas or Thomas and Bell. The defense allowed 339.5 YPG and 24.6 PPG last year but those numbers are down to 301.2 YPG and 18.6 PPG in 2009. The rush D allows just 83.4 YPG (3.8 YPC) and the pass D allows 53.2% completions (tied for the lowest in the NFL), with just five TDs and 11 INTs. The Saints are 5-0 SU and ATS with every win coming by at least 14 points and will take the NFL's highest-scoring offense (38.4 PPG / also No. 1 with 430 YPG) into their game at Miami. The Dolphins are just 2-3 but the team which won the AFC East last year with an 11-5 record (a year after going 1-15), has won two straight and is coming off a bye. The two wins have come with Chad Henne taking over at QB and Henne's superior arm strength (compared to Pennington), gives Miami a chance to "stretch the field" and also makes the team's running game more dangerous. Actually, how much more dangerous can it get? The Dolphins lead the NFL with 177.0 YPG on the ground (4.8 YPC), as Ronnie Brown (443 YR / 4.8 YPC / 6 TDs) teams with Ricky Williams (316 YR / 5.2 YPC). Henne has completed 70.8 percent of his passes in two starts (3 TDs / 0 INTs) with a QB rating of over 100.0. Miami's defense will be severely tested by the Saints but the rush D has been excellent 76.4 YPG (3.4 YPC) and the secondary allows just 56.3% completions. The Dolphins are catching the Saints off the HUGE Week 5 win over the previously unbeaten Giants and with a home MNF showdown on tap with the Falcons in Week 8. The Dolphins have had two weeks to prepare (think we'll see some new wrinkles of the wildcat?) and have dominated the line of scrimmage in all three home games this year. The Dolphins have averaged 213.3 YPG on the ground (4.9 YPC) in their three home games, while holding their opponents to 81.7 YPG (4.2 YPC). That's a real 'recipe for winning' and getting points could turn out to be just a HUGE bonus! Oddsmaker's Error 15* Mia Dolphins.

Posted : October 25, 2009 10:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Payne Sports

10 Units Dallas -4

8 Units Pitt -5.5

5 Units Houston -3

Posted : October 25, 2009 11:03 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter