300 Tenn

The Touchdown Club

10* GBay
7* Seattle Under

Posted : September 19, 2010 11:02 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I will update at 12:30 so no need to keep hitting refresh!

Posted : September 19, 2010 11:02 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

PPP

5% New England
4% Tennessee
4% Philly
3% Dallas
3% Atlanta
3% Minnesota

BRANDON LANG

30 Dime New England Patriots -3

Joyce Sterling

10* Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Tampa Bay

EZ WINNERS

3* BROWNS
2* EAGLES

3G SPORTS

10* BENGALS
5* COWBOYS
5* JETS
4* BRONCOS

SCOTT SPREITZER

TOY- UNDER STEELERS
GOM- JETS
KO- GIANTS, BENGALS

PREFERRED PICKS

3* VIKINGS
3* CHARGERS
3* BRONCOS

Infoplays

10* Dallas -7

Glenn McGrew

Packers

Steve Duemig

25 Dimes Cincy
10 Dimes Patriots

Posted : September 19, 2010 11:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

4 Units Browns -2

Seneca Wallace gets the start in this game because of Jake Delhomme’s injury, but I think that’s an upgrade at quarterback, especially against a team like the Chiefs. Cleveland just needs someone to manage the game and run the offense without making mistakes in order to beat a weak team like Kansas City. I feel that Wallace limits mistakes and makes enough plays to put the Browns in a position to win. Cleveland wants to run the ball behind Jerome Harrison anyway, so Wallace isn’t expected to win the game. Kansas City is coming off of a big win on Monday, but they have a short week to prepare for this game as a result. They are also a young team, so it’s likely that they have higher egos after their primetime home TV win. However, the Chiefs really didn’t do much at all on offense, and San Diego had a vastly superior advantage in yardage and should have won the game. The Chiefs took advantage of some San Diego mistakes, as well as a kick return for a touchdown and a long touchdown pass. Other than those things though, the Chiefs did not look good. Their offensive line is still a huge question mark as well. Cleveland will be playing their first home game, and I expect them to rebound nicely after last week’s loss with Wallace at quarterback.

Posted : September 19, 2010 11:34 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

Tampa Bay +3.5

This is one of several matchups on the Week 2 card pitting two "bad" teams against one another and the oddsmakers were slow to post a number as the Carolina QB situation was unknown. It looks like Matt Moore will get the start despite a concussion last week. The key in betting early season games like this one, when you have two losing teams from the previous year, is to identify the team most likely to be improved. We think we have found that with Tampa Bay, who is off a 17-14 home win over Cleveland last week. Granted, the Bucs offense was pretty anemic with less than 300 total yards, but they should have covered (settled for a push) as they had two late chances inside the Browns 20 yd line (fumble, turnover on downs). Home teams where the line is between +3 and -3, off a road loss, in September are just 33-72 ATS the last 25 seasons. Carolina turned the ball over five times and Moore was just 14 of 35 passing, so we're calling for the outright upset here. Take Tampa Bay.

Posted : September 19, 2010 11:36 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

9* Lions +4.5

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on the home side:

The Eagles lost 27-20 to the visiting Green Bay Packers in Week 1, failing to cover the spread with the three points they were being afforded.

Mike Vick gets the call here and he'll be looking to cement his roll as starter after Kevin Kolb suffered the concussion.

Other notable injured players include; LB Stewart Bradley; FB Leonard Weaver and C Jamaal Jackson.

On the other side of the field: The Lions were out-gained in almost every single offensive statistical category last week and lost the game 19-14 on the road in Chicago, covering the spread with the 6 1/2 points (the catch by Calvin Johnson is the end zone has now been dissected to bits and there is no point getting into that debate on any level here).

Shaun Hill gets the start for the Lions; he'll need TE Tony Scheffler and Calvin Johnson to be sharp this week.

Scheffler was brought in to help in the passing game and can be a serious matchup problem for opposing defenses; Johnson has to play the entire game like he played the fourth quarter last week.

Detroit has struggled mightily in almost every single ATS statistical category for years, but this does happen to be one area that its dominated in over the last two years; 6-4 ATS both off a loss against a division rival and off a division game.

Bottom line: I'm not convinced that the Eagles are in fact a better team than the Lions right now. I'd give the nod to Vick in the QB comparison, but I believe the Lions are better on the defensive side of the ball.

Both teams are trying to find consistency in every other department though; both are coming off losses and both will be hungry for a victory.

Although Matt Stafford was supposed to take the Lions to the promised land, it has to be noted that Hill does in fact have more starting experience.

I don't think home field advantage can be overlooked in this case either.

Despite their injuries, I want to make it clear that in no way am I taking the Eagles offense lightly in this situation, as they do in fact still possess an array of offensive talent.

This is a big game for both teams, there is no question about that, but I feel it's much bigger for the Lions; they've endured so much losing for so long and this was a year it was supposed to make some progress; last week's debacle was a proverbial stake hovering above this teams fragile psyche; another loss here at home would be the proverbial hammer that drives that stake through this teams outlook for the rest of the season.

In a game where both teams will be looking for answers to some pretty big questions, I'll gladly take the home side and the more than a FG's worth of points;

Posted : September 19, 2010 11:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

9* Lions +4.5

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on the home side:

The Eagles lost 27-20 to the visiting Green Bay Packers in Week 1, failing to cover the spread with the three points they were being afforded.

Mike Vick gets the call here and he'll be looking to cement his roll as starter after Kevin Kolb suffered the concussion.

Other notable injured players include; LB Stewart Bradley; FB Leonard Weaver and C Jamaal Jackson.

On the other side of the field: The Lions were out-gained in almost every single offensive statistical category last week and lost the game 19-14 on the road in Chicago, covering the spread with the 6 1/2 points (the catch by Calvin Johnson is the end zone has now been dissected to bits and there is no point getting into that debate on any level here).

Shaun Hill gets the start for the Lions; he'll need TE Tony Scheffler and Calvin Johnson to be sharp this week.

Scheffler was brought in to help in the passing game and can be a serious matchup problem for opposing defenses; Johnson has to play the entire game like he played the fourth quarter last week.

Detroit has struggled mightily in almost every single ATS statistical category for years, but this does happen to be one area that its dominated in over the last two years; 6-4 ATS both off a loss against a division rival and off a division game.

Bottom line: I'm not convinced that the Eagles are in fact a better team than the Lions right now. I'd give the nod to Vick in the QB comparison, but I believe the Lions are better on the defensive side of the ball.

Both teams are trying to find consistency in every other department though; both are coming off losses and both will be hungry for a victory.

Although Matt Stafford was supposed to take the Lions to the promised land, it has to be noted that Hill does in fact have more starting experience.

I don't think home field advantage can be overlooked in this case either.

Despite their injuries, I want to make it clear that in no way am I taking the Eagles offense lightly in this situation, as they do in fact still possess an array of offensive talent.

This is a big game for both teams, there is no question about that, but I feel it's much bigger for the Lions; they've endured so much losing for so long and this was a year it was supposed to make some progress; last week's debacle was a proverbial stake hovering above this teams fragile psyche; another loss here at home would be the proverbial hammer that drives that stake through this teams outlook for the rest of the season.

In a game where both teams will be looking for answers to some pretty big questions, I'll gladly take the home side and the more than a FG's worth of points;

Posted : September 19, 2010 11:44 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'm done till the early games go off. If everyone keeps hitting refresh over and over again nobody can use the site.

Posted : September 19, 2010 11:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

Millionaire - Washington
Perfect Play - Denver
GOM - Jets
NY Giants

Larry Ness

AFC/NFC - Denver Broncos
Las Vegas Insider -Indianapolis Colts

ASA

3* Chargers Under

Ben Burns

10* Dodgers
10* Colts Under
10* Broncos Under
8* Jets
8* Jets Under

Carolina Sports

3* Raiders

Lt Profits

3* Redskins
2* Patriots

Lenny Stevens

20* Broncos

Pure Lock

Chargers

Underdog

NY Jets

Wildcat

7* Raiders

Executive

300 Chargers

Posted : September 19, 2010 12:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Larry Ness

10* AFC/NFC Game of the Year - Denver Broncos

While pundits were anointing the San Francisco 49ers as the heir apparent to win the NFC West Division (NFL's lone 4-0 preseason record), that memo must not have reached Seattle. The Seahawks put a 31-6 whooping on an apparently overconfident 49ers team last week (Mike Singletary actually "thanked" the Seahawks for the lesson after the game). Has Pete Carroll got something going in Seattle already? I remain very skeptical. Carroll oversaw a promising draft in April but he inherited a roster filled with holes. The Seahawks active movement on the waiver wire over the last few weeks is a 'tell' that Carroll is not satisfied with his talent base. Hasselebeck is a quality QB when healthy but it's hard to count on him these days and even when 100%, he's on the downside of his career (turns 35 on 9/25). The running game which once featured players like Curt Warner and Shaun Alexander, now features a no-name unit which ranked 26th in the league in 2009, averaging 97.9 YPG. The OL used six different starting combinations in the season's first nine games last season but did draft Russell Okung (Okla St) with the 6th overall pick. However, Okung is hurt and Seattle really misses Walter Jones. The offense was ranked 25th in the league last season by averaging just 17.5 PPG, which was the team's fewest points scored since the 1993 season. The pass D ranked 30th LY and the defense ranked 24th overall, finishing tied for 25th in PPG (24.4). Seattle totaled just 242 yards in LW's 31-6 win and while Hasselbeck was just fine (18-of-23 for 170 yards with two TDs and one INT / plus a rush RD), the running game had only 77 yards (3.3 YPC). The Broncos will be looking to rebound after a tough 24-17 loss on the road in Jacksonville. Denver has more upside this season under the second-year of coach Josh McDaniels' system. QB Kyle Orton built off a strong preseason by going 21-of-33 for 295 against the Jaguars (one TD / one INT) and RB Knowshon Moreno returned from his preseason injury by rushing for 60 yards on 15 carries. The offense will also be helped by the addition of RB Laurence Maroney, who Denver acquired this week from the Patriots. Maroney should fit in right away as he is very familiar with McDaniels' offense from his days in New England. The Broncos outgained Jacksonville (363-299) and should have little trouble "finishing off" drives, which is something San Francisco didn't do vs Seattle last week. The 49ers had three possessions inside of Seattle's 10-yard line but scored just six points. Alex Smith threw two costly INTs in the game, plus San Fran converted 1-of-15 on third down. Has Denver been a reliable home favorite lately? N-O! However, Seattle's lone road win last season was at 1-15 St Louis and all of the seven losses came by double digits or more (average loss by 21.6 PPG). Meanwhile, the Broncos have won their last five home games vs NFC opponents, including beating Dallas (17-10) and the NY Giants (26-6) last year under McDaniels. How big is this game for the Broncos and McDaniels (who is now 2-9 since opening last season 6-0)? Well consider this. The Colts come to Denver in Week 3, then the Broncos play at Tennessee and Baltimore in Weeks 3 and 4, plus the Jets arrive in Denver for Week 5. Talk about a "must-win?" If the Broncos can't beat the sad-sack Seahawks in this one (don't forget, the Seahawks went the first 1 1/1 quarters LW with just seven offensive plays for 11 yards, including an INT), McDaniels may not be around long enough to see Tim Tebow fail at playing QB in the NFL. Then again, if McDaniels is out, Tebow may not get a chance to play. However, I digress. The play here is Denver in a rout!

Posted : September 19, 2010 12:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

San Diego -7

San Diego hosts Jacksonville in Game Two of the season with both teams off opposite results. That sets the table foe this game as NFL teams off a season opening loss that won 10 or more games last season, taking on a foe off a season opening win that win seven or fewer games last season, are 17-3 SU and 17-2-1 ATS since 1980 if the team off the loss lost to the spread by 20 or less points and the opponent is off an ATS win, including 10-0 SU and ATS if the foe is off an ATS win of 14 or less points. In addition, the Chargers are 8-1 SU and ATS as a host against the AFC South, including 5-0 SU and ATS when they are off a division game. Stay at home and lay the points here today. We recommend a 3-unit play on San Diego.

Posted : September 19, 2010 12:12 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: