29 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST

3 UNITS 49ERS / CHARGERS UNDER 44.5

The San Diego Chargers are back in late season modem, where they have posted a 30-4 straight up mark over the last 5 years in games played from Halloween on. Tonight they face a 49er team that has not been able to move the ball on the road vs anyone but Carolina and Arizona, perhaps the NFC's worst 2 teams. They have produced a total of 46 points in their other 4 road games on the season, good for 11.5ppg. Tonight they face the best defense they have seen all season, and will likely have trouble moving the ball, and getting points. They should play here with fire, as they are still a contender in the NFC West which is brutal. I expect them to keep San Diego from piling up points, and with their offense producing very little, I like this one to go under the total.

Posted : December 16, 2010 8:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Fargo

SF 49ers

Posted : December 16, 2010 9:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chip Chirimbes

Niners at Chargers
Pick: Niners +9.5

These two clubs were both expected to compete for their conference titles and maybe one of them can still 'steal' a playoff spot but without a doubt the loser of this game will be out. San Francisco at 5-8 is still one one game off the division lead and can actually take the top spot if they can win out, while San Diego must virtually do the same in order to make the post-season. The 49ers play well as dogs of four or more points against the AFC covering six of seven while the Chargers off huge wins are 6-19 ATS. Alex Smith once again gets the nod for San Francisco he are 9-2 ATS as a dog in their last 11.

Posted : December 16, 2010 11:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

San Diego -6 First Half

Posted : December 16, 2010 1:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

5* San Diego -9

3* San Antonio -1

Posted : December 16, 2010 1:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

10* 49ers/Chargers Under

Posted : December 16, 2010 1:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Billy Coleman

SA/Den Under 213.5

Anaheim -130

Tor/Cal Under 5.5

Posted : December 16, 2010 1:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Crown City Sports

3* Arizona -16.5

3* Kings -109

Posted : December 16, 2010 2:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Denver Nuggets

Posted : December 16, 2010 2:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MTi Sports

4* SA Spurs

Posted : December 16, 2010 3:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick Parsons

10* SF 49ers
10* Flames Under
6* Spurs Under

Posted : December 16, 2010 3:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

Weber State +8.5

Posted : December 16, 2010 3:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Derek Mancini

15 Dime SF 49ers

Sorry guys, but this one is too obvious. Clearly, oddsmakers know the public was going to bet San Diego no matter what in this contest. Bettors have grown extremely hesitant to trust anything San Francisco does, and therefore despite an impressive win over Seattle last week, no one is buying it. Well, I am.

Truth is the Niners are a better team with Alex Smith under center, whether you want to believe it or not. He gives the offense a chance to move the chains and is far more accurate than Troy Smith (59% to 52%). Not only that, but he loves to get Vernon Davis involved, and despite a slow game last week, he does have a solid rapport with Crabtree - both of which will be needed to get the cover here.

I'm well aware of the fact that the Niners beat up on a terrible Seattle pass defense last week, and now face the best pass defense in the league. But before you go assuming that San Diego is going to dominate here, consider how well their supposed # 1 unit fared against Jason Campbell and the Raiders in Week 13. Sure, Campbell only attempted 16 passes, but he completed 10 of them, incl. a TD (without a pick). You can't tell me Campbell is any better than Smith. My point is stats can be very deceiving, and the Chargers are the epitomy of that statement, having the # 1 units on both sides of the ball for most of the year, and yet posting a 7-6 record.

The last two things to consider are the fact that both teams are vying for a possible playoff spot. I know its hard to believe, but people forget the Niners can still make the playoffs in a terrible NFC West. In other words, San Diego isn't the only team in this game with something to play for. Not only that, but if we've learned anything about the Bolts, its that they're vulnerable against the run. While the Westbrook/Dixon combo is no Gore, its has proven at the very least, serviceable. All things considered, the 49ers are a solid play to keep this game within the number. San Francisco plus the points (remember to buy the 1/2 point as instructed above) over San Diego Thursday.

Posted : December 16, 2010 4:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

San Diego Chargers/San Francisco 49ers Under 45

The loser of this game is not going to make the playoffs, which is bad news for the 49ers going into San Diego-playing one of the hottest defenses in the league. The 49ers have a few offensive line injuries and, without Frank Gore, I do not see them scoring much. The Chargers have battled offensive injuries all year and tonight I like how the 49ers matchup. The San Francisco defensive line and cornerbacks have a lot of experience and should contain the Chargers offense pretty effectively. Look for a lot of field goal attempts tonight. This should be a great defensive game. Take the Under.

San Antonio Spurs -2

San Antonio is on a roll and is one of the best shooting teams in the NBA. The Spurs are just a little bit healthier right now and should get another big road victory. Take San Antonio.

Posted : December 16, 2010 4:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

AL DEMARCO

10 Dime Teaser - San Diego & Over

ANTHONY REDD

20 Dime Youngstown State

20 Dime Troy

20 Dime Memphis

15 Dime 1st Half SF 49ers

15 Dime Hawks

2 MINUTE WARNING

10 Dime SD Chargers

CHUCK O'BRIEN

15 Dime SD Chargers

JAY MCNEIL

20 Dime Teaser - SD Chargers & Under

CRAIG DAVIS

75 Dime Teaser - San Diego & Over

MATT RIVERS

150,000* SF 49ers

JOEL TYSON

40 Dime San Francisco-San Diego Over

TRACE ADAMS

1000* San Francisco plus the points to stay inside of the number at San Diego.

Posted : December 16, 2010 5:01 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: