4* Navy +7

3* Iowa St/Minn Over 48

Posted : December 31, 2009 2:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DR BOB

Strong Opinion
Air Force 32 Houston (-4.5) 31 (at Armed Forces Bowl)
I'll consider Air Force a Strong Opinion at +4 points or more and as a 2-Star Best Bet at +6 or more.

Missouri (-6.5) 28 Navy 21 (at Texas Bowl)
I'll lean with Missouri at -6 1/2 points or less and I'll also lean under 52 points or higher

Strong Opinion
Iowa St. 27 Minnesota (-2.5) 23 (at Insight Bowl)
I'll consider Iowa State a Strong Opinion and I'd take the Cyclones in a 2-Star Best Bet at +3 points or more (at -1.10 odds). I have no opinion on the total.

Posted : December 31, 2009 2:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Score

400% Tenn
300% Oklahoma
300% Missouri

Posted : December 31, 2009 2:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Street Rosenthal

*200 Houston Rockets +1
*200 Detroit Pistons -4
*200 Oklahoma City Thunder -3

Trey Scott

*200 Richmond +7
*200 Tennessee +2
*200 Illinois-Chicago +2

Posted : December 31, 2009 2:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brian King

30 Dime Sun Stanford +10

Posted : December 31, 2009 2:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

PPP

4% Air Force
5% Navy
3% Stanford
3% Iowa State
3% Tennesee

4% Northwestern

Posted : December 31, 2009 2:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

HalfBets

SuperSportsGroup

Ohio St v. Wisconsin
PICK: Ohio St +6 Game (9*) Best Bet of the day

Tennessee v. Memphis
PICK: Tennessee +2.5 Game (8*)

Wisc GB v. Butler
PICK: Wisc GB +14.5 Game (7*)

Oregon v. Wash St
PICK: UNDER 149 Game (7*)

NBA

Utah v. Oklahoma City
PICK: Utah +3 Game (9*) Best Bet of the day

Posted : December 31, 2009 2:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BLACK WIDOW

6* Widow Wiseguy 2009 Bowl PARLAY OF THE YEAR on Tennessee +6 / UNDER 49

We'll take Tennessee and the UNDER tonight in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl as our 2009 Bowl Parlay of the Year. This season was a bit of a letdown for Virginia Tech after dominating the ACC this decade and winning several conference championships. But no BCS berth, and the Hokies won't be fully happy to be here. Tennessee is in the middle of a rebuilding process, and it was a solid season for Lane Kiffin in his first year on the job. The Volunteers will be ready to go tonight behind one of the best defenses in the land. Tennessee allows just 21.0 points/game and 309 total yards/game. The Hokies have a solid defense themselves, which will keep this one UNDER the number. Virginia Tech allows 15.7 points/game and 300 total yards/game this year. The Hokies are 8-0 UNDER (+8.0 Units) when playing on a Thursday over the last 3 seasons. Tennessee is 20-8 ATS (+11.2 Units) in road games when playing against a top-level team (Win Pct. > 75%) since 1992. Take Tennessee and the UNDER.

5* Wiseguy NBA Game of the Night on L.A. Clippers -1.5

The Clippers have played solid at home this year, going 8-8. The 76ers have been putrid on the road to the tune of a 5-12 road record. The 76ers are 2-11 ATS (-10.1 Units) versus poor 3 point shooting teams - making <=33% of their attempts this season. The 76ers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win. The Clippers are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400. Take the Clippers and lay the points.

Posted : December 31, 2009 2:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NHL PRO PICKS

NY Islanders +140
Nashville +104
LA +135

Posted : December 31, 2009 3:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tom Stryker

3* Navy

3* Tenn

Posted : December 31, 2009 3:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Boooj

30 Units Tenn

10 Units Minnesota

Had

100 Navy
20 Stanford
10 Houston

Posted : December 31, 2009 4:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

20 Dime --- VIRGINIA TECH

10 Dime --- 3 Team, 10-Point Teaser: MISSOURI, STANFORD AND IOWA STATE

VIRGINIA TECH --- I'm not quite sure why the rest of the country is in love with Tennessee or, worse yet, why they hate Virginia Tech so much, but I'll gladly take my chances with this team laying less than a touchdown. The first thing that caught my eye was the fact this line kept going up, from 4 to 4.5 to 5 and even as high as 5.5 and 6 in some places. Then I noticed the money keeps pouring in on Tennessee. It's called reverse line movement... sometimes I play it, sometimes I don't. Today, I'm all over it. I think Vegas knows Virginia Tech is a savvy Bowl team and Frank Beamer is a savvy Bowl coach facing a head coach who's known more for stirring up trouble than winning football games.

I admit, when I first looked at this game I was in love with Tennessee... and I know they always say "go with your first gut instinct". I thought about it, but there were a few things that turned me over to the Hokies and I wanted to let you know about them. First, the reverse line movement, but I already told you about that.

Second was the fact that just about every capper I know is on Tennessee. They saw the same thing I saw when I first looked at this line, but they stuck with their gut instinct and released Tennessee. Remember Clemson/Kentucky last Sunday? I was the only capper at this site who released Clemson -7 while everyone else released Kentucky. This game smells just like that one.

Third, I noticed that Tennessee finished the season strong, but a closer look at those games saw the Vols beat a very bad Vandy team by 15, Kentucky by 6, Memphis by 28, and South Carolina by 18. Only the South Carolina game was somewhat impressive. But even in those wins the Vols gave up a decent amount of points and over 300 yards of total offense. But the one game that stood out to me in the midst of winning those four games was the 42-17 loss to Ole Miss. In that game the Vols were outrushed by 260 yards for three reasons. 1. Ole Miss does a good job of stopping the run. 2. Ole Miss can run the ball on offense. 3. Tennessee has had it's fair share of trouble stopping the run. Folks, those three factors all play into our hands with V. Tech tonight.

The Hokies can run the ball, they do a great job of stopping the run, and they know Tennessee allowed 216 yards per game on the ground away from home this year. V Tech rushes for over 200 yards per game and was up to 238 YPG over their last three games of the regular season.

Fourth, public perception is that Virginia Tech can't win the big one. It seems as if every time the Hokies make it to National TV, they fail to impress the media and the general public. No wonder everyone is backing the Vols today. But that's exactly why I'm jumping on board the Hokie express. Tech allowed a total of 35 points over their final 4 games (less than 9 PPG) and finally figured out how to stop the run and the pass. Let's also not forget they scored 36, 38 and 43 points in their last three games, so it's not like this team has forgotten how to score.

The Hokies are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games vs. a team with a winning record and finished the season going 4-0 ATS while Tennessee is 2-6 ATS in their last 8 vs. non-conference opponents and 4-16-2 ATS in their last 22 when listed as a pup of between 4 and 10 points. All Hokies tonight boys.

3-team, 10-point teaser --- MISSOURI, IOWA STATE AND STANFORD --- Grabbing Mizzou at around +3 1/2, Iowa State at around +13 and Stanford at around +20... and I love all three because I have a feeling all three of these teams could win straight up... especially Missouri and Iowa State. Stanford is a bit of a stretch without QB Andrew Luck, but just running the ball with Toby Gerhart 35 times is enough to keep Oklahoma's offense off the field long enough for us to get in under the 20 points. I just can't see this Oklahoma offense, which has been absolutely putrid on the road, score enough to beat a very "game" Stanford team by three touchdowns. Honestly, this play is more AGAINST OU than it is for Stanford, because I've watched Bob Stoops go 1-5 ATS in his last 6 bowl games and I've seen him lose, time and time again, even when he's listed as the favorite. And consider this... Stanford (with or without Andrew Luck) is excited to be in this game, Oklahoma is not. Remember, the Sooners started the season with aspirations for another trip to the National Championship game, and instead they find themselves in the Sun Bowl. You tell me who's more excited to be here?

As for Missouri, well, I just think Navy is outclassed in this one. No disrespect to our Naval Academy, but I watched them play Army and it was the most disgusting game I've watched in a long time. Navy struggled to move the ball against the Knights... and I'm supposed to believe they can play the athletes Missouri has and move the ball any better? Did you watch Navy go to Hawaii a few weeks back? It was brutal. They had trouble moving the ball on that horrendous defense and they couldn't stop Hawaii's passing game. So what's to make us believe they can stop Mizzou? They can't, and the Tigers will win this game SU.

Iowa State gets a Minnesota team from the Big 10... a conference that perennially struggles in bowl games. And with Wisconsin winning the other night, it's time for a Big 10 team to lose and the Gophers are a great candidate. To be honest, I'm not sure how they made a bowl game in the first place. Don't get me wrong... I'm not here to crown Iowa State as the next coming to Florida, but they did upset Nebraska in Lincoln and had a few other impressive games along the way. HC Paul Rhoads has done a remarkable job getting the most out of a team that dealt with numerous injuries all season long. Well now they're as healthy as they've been all season and they want to prove to the country that the season wasn't a fluke. In fact, they want to prove they were better than their record would indicate. Minnesota lost four of their last six and will likely be without their leading receiver, Eric Decker... the only player that provides a legitimate offensive threat.

Posted : December 31, 2009 5:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50* Tenn

Posted : December 31, 2009 6:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1500 Iowa St