Wunderdog

Phoenix -160

Posted : December 9, 2010 12:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Derek Mancini

30 Dime Titans

No way Manning loses back-to-back games in primetime, right? WRONG! Oddsmakers know what the public perception is, and they're playing them like a fiadle, setting a line that looks like a tremendous bargain, when in fact, the Colts could EASILY lose outright here. Say what you will about Tennessee struggling, but the Indy is no better (right now), and laying anything on the road in this spot is just plain silly.

We've known for some time now that this isn't the same Colts team we all remember from year's past. Their defense has grown old in a hurry, and what was once a ferocious group of young, heady players is now one of the lesser defenses in the NFL. That is the difference here, as for as bad as the Titans have been, at the very least, they still have their defense to fall back on, which allows 18 ppg on 318 total yards this season. Colts on the other hand, are surrendering 35 ppg over their L3 games!

Bettors love to hate on this Titans offense, and while admit they've been putrid of late, the return of Kerry Collins will help them tremendously. Yes, I know he had issues against Jacksonville, but he'll have a much easier time against a reeling Colts defense. How do I know that? Because I know the Titans will be able to run the ball effectively on this Indy stop-unit which is getting stampeded on the ground for 171 yards/game (4.5 ypc) over their L3 games! True, the Titans are also having issues against the run of late, but we all know the Colts CAN'T run the football, so that's not nearly as big a factor.

Public bloodbath tonight, as the Titans get back to doing what they do best, running the rock and playing defense. Colts have hidden behind Manning all season, but now that he's struggling, we've seen them get totally exposed for what they really are: an average football team with a below average defense. Tough match up for Indy, especially on the road. Take the Titans plus the points (remember to buy the 1/2 point insurance) over the Colts Thursday.

Posted : December 9, 2010 1:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

500* Indianapolis-Tennessee Over

Despite the Tennessee offense coming to a relative stand-still (39 total points their last 4 games), I am going to back this Titans-Colts meeting to go OVER the posted total.

I am also well aware of the fact that both meetings last year stayed UNDER the total, and 9 of the last 10 have also stayed LOW, but I just get the feeling that tonight's game will top the posted price (45 points as I type this analysis).

Peyton Manning has been throwing pick-after-pick of late, and you just know that with Indy's lack of a viable running option he is going to have to continue to air the ball out. That being the case, he is either going to continue his turnover trend (which will lead to some short fields for the Titans), or he is going to have a huge night as he bounces back from his recent woes.

Indianapolis has played 3 straight OVERS coming into this game, and have been OVER the total in 4 of their last 5 games overall.

This total is just low enough that I think we are going to see a late score land it in the OVER column.

Play the HIGH at LP Field tonight.

Posted : December 9, 2010 1:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Lock Club

3 Units Indianapolis

Posted : December 9, 2010 1:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Erin Rynning

Playmaker: Trailblazers Under 185

Posted : December 9, 2010 1:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Billy Coleman

4* Colts -3.5

Posted : December 9, 2010 2:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bruce Marshall

Georgetown at Temple
Pick: Temple +2

Temple looks back on track after its 64-61 win at Maryland over the weekend. Defense remains the key for the Owls, holding teams to a mere 55.4 ppg and 37.2% FG shooting, although getting Gs Ramone Moore and Juan Fernandez clicking from the perimeter will help Temple's chances. Georgetown has been living beyond the arc in the early going, nailing 44% of its triples, but it could begin to cool off from long range after hitting only 2 of 9 beyond the arc in its last game against Utah State. Play Temple

Posted : December 9, 2010 2:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

200♦ Ohio St

50♦ Colts/Titans Under

Posted : December 9, 2010 2:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Power Play Wins