with 30 wins 10 losses and three shootout losses. They are coming out
on the right side of games 70% of the time and are certainly offering
some value here. The Bruins have not been the same team they were a
year ago on home ice as they have already suffered as many losses at
home as they did all of last season. The Blackhawks have cashed 38 of
their last 52 as a favorite, while the Bruins are just 1-6 in their
last seven as a dog of +110 to +150, where the UNDER is also 12-3-1,
as well as 25-9 when the Bruins face a team with a winning percentage
of .600 or higher. I'll go with Chicago, and the UNDER in this one.

Florida at Montreal
3 units Florida +125

The Montreal Canadiens are a very streaky team. They are unbeatable
when they’re streaking, but winless when they are struggling. They
already have six multiple-game winning streaks on the season, but
unfortunately, they have matched that with six multiple-game losing
streaks. They are in one of their losing funks now and to make matters
worse, their home winless streak has now reached four games. This
series has been dominated by the road team who has won eight of the
last 11, and the dog has won seven of the last 10. This is not a good
spot of the up-and-down Canadiens who are down right now. Florida gets
the call here.

Columbus at Edmonton
4 units Columbus +105

The Blue Jackets looked like a potential playoff team early, but
coming out on the wrong side of 21 of their last 24 has changed that
thinking. Signs point to things starting to change after eight of 11
scoring just 1 goal or less. The Blue Jackets produced 2 vs. Colorado,
and 3 in their last game vs. Vancouver, so the offense has come out of
the slump. As futile as it has been for the Blue Jackets, the Oilers
have claimed the right side in just 1 of their last 11, allowing 4
goals per game. The ledger vs. the West is an uninviting 0-9 in their
last nine games. I will trust that the Jackets can continue to build
on offensive success vs. a team allowing 4 per game, and come away
with the win here. Columbus gets this one.

Phoenix at Vancouver
4 units UNDER 5 +120

The Canucks are allowing exactly 2 goals against them at home through
23 home games. As a dog, the Coyotes have had a lot of low-scoring
games resulting in a 33-16-3 mark to the UNDER. They have also
stepped-up the defense when facing an opponent who scored 5 or more in
their last game as none of the last eight have topped the total. The
Canucks are stingy vs. losing teams at home where they have played
12-4 to the UNDER in their last 16. This is a good spot to take
advantage of an excess on the total as we get significant odds in a
good situation. I'll go with the UNDER here.

Posted : January 7, 2010 4:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Winning Points

4* Alabama

Posted : January 7, 2010 5:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy June

20* Texas

Posted : January 7, 2010 5:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pro Picks Weekly

5 Units Texas +4

Posted : January 7, 2010 5:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Penn state (-2) for 1.5 Units

The home team and favorite have dominated this series at 8-0-1 ATS and 13-3-1 ATS, respectively. Michigan, which is coming off a big home win against Ohio state, hasn't done well off wins at 2-5 ATS, and they're just 12-29-3 ATS on the road against a home team with a winning % greater than .600. Michigan has had trouble at this location where they're 0-3-1 ATS. The Nitany Lions' Talor Battle has a good supporting cast to work with in the fast three guard lineup and should find the creases in the Michigan zone. Penn state is 7-2 ATS vs teams above .500 and should deliver in this sport.

Posted : January 7, 2010 5:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Great Lakes Sports

4* Alabama

Posted : January 7, 2010 6:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Street Rosenthal

*200 Alabama -4

Trey Scott

*300 Western Kentucky -3
*200 ULL -4
*200 La Salle +4

Posted : January 7, 2010 6:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

PowerPlayWins

Texas +4

Posted : January 7, 2010 6:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kelso

150 units Texas

50 units Tex/Ala UNDER

Posted : January 7, 2010 6:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Randizzle

It seems that not a lot of people are giving the Longhorns, or the Big XII Conference much respect in this game. I'm assuming it is because of The longhorns last showing was mediocre at best, and Alabama's Win in dominating fashion. But, if we always based the present game off of the past game, it is obvious none would be successful is Sports Wagering.

McElroy has proven himself to be an efficient passer, and clutch QB in the past few weeks. He has only thrown 4 INT's on the season, and has become a "Winner". Colt Mccoy on the other hand is coming into this game off of a 3 INT 184 Yard showing against what I would consider the best defense in the nation. (Nebraska) However, let's not forget Mccoy Knows how to win. He is the most Winning College QB of ALL-TIME, and has never lost in a Bowl Game. Yes, he’s 3-0, completing 88-of-129 passes (68%) for 896 yards with five touchdowns, one interception, and with 72 rushing yards and two scores. I'll favor with the QB who has been in pressure situations and proven he can get the job done. McElroy is good, no doubt, but I would much rather have McCoy taking my snaps.

When it comes to the Running game, it is 100% obvious who has the advantage. Ingram and his Heisman Trophy are coming into this game, and Texas WILL have to shut down the run in order to have ANY chance at ALL. Although Ingram has the Heisman, I believe the biggest threat in the backfield is Richardson. The kid is a beast. That's the only way to put it. He is faster and stronger than Ingram, and if he would've received the amount of carries Ingram had this season, he would've actually Earned the Heisman. (Gerhart got screwed) Texas on the other hand takes a backseat in the running game. They do overcome this issue with a VERY efficient short passing game. While they take a backseat, let's not forget that they do average 4.1 YPC and have 28 rushing TD's this season.

Julio Jones is one of the top NFL prospects in the nation. The combination of his size and Marquis Maze's speed, McElroy has a potent receiving core. However, their passing game takes a backseat to the run game, and I believe they do not utilize that talent efficiently. Texas on the other Hand has an incredible sixth-year senior (Jordan Shipley) who runs silky smooth routes, and is electrifying in the return game (cheesy I know). But it's true.He caught 106 passes for 1,363 yards and 11 TD's this season. Also, Malcom Williams (who many of you probably overlook) could be a big factor in tonight's game. At 6-3 220lbs and a Great Speed did not have a big year, but has stepped up in recent games accumulating 15 catches, 235 yards and a TD in the final 2 games of their season. Again, Texas has the edge here simply because of their offensive scheme.

Texas arguably has the Best D-Line in the Nation. Ranking No.1 in the Nation against the Run. (A good thing facing Alabama). The Ends are solid in Sam Acho and Sergio Kindle with an inside rotation that is next to none: Kheeston Randall, Ben Alexander, Lamarr Houston and Tyrell Higgins. Alabama D-Line is lead by Terrance Cody, who is about the size of Texas. Alabama's strength comes in the second and 3rd level of their D.

McClain!!!! Everyone and their dog talks about how GREAT this guy is. Rubbish!! Yes, he has a TON of talent, and is ONE of the best in the nation. But no way he is the best. Simple fact is he is the best linebacker on the most televised team and has Terrance Cody directly in front of him to clear the way for easy tackles. You could plug a number of guys around the country in his spot and they would produce just as good, if not better. He will be a huge factor in this game, and could determine weather or not McCoy can move around outside of the pocket. But i'm tired of hearing about this guy. The Longhorns have a solid group of LB's to go along with that top-tier D-Line.

Not real sure who has the better secondary. If texas can force Alabama to throw down the field, advantage = Texas. They have 24 INT's this season, and great cover corners. Curtis Brown can hang with almost anyone in terms of speed and athleticism, and Safety Earl Thomas needs no introduction. He is to be feared, and if he has a big day, Alabama will be in for a long-night. Alabama's best attribute coming into this game is that they shut-down the short passing game VERY Well, allowing only 48% completions.. (What Texas specializes in) Something has to give in this faucet of the game.

Overall, I believe these ARE the 2 best teams in the nation, and it WILL be a battle. Personally, I am going with QB, D-line, and big play ability.

5* Texas +5

Posted : January 7, 2010 6:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NORTHCOAST

2* Marq - Under

Opinion - Alabama

Posted : January 7, 2010 6:14 pm
Page 4 / 5
Share: