3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Antony Dinero

Dolphins at Panthers
Pick: Under 43.5

Without Ronnie Brown, expect the Dolphins ability to pound away with Ricky Williams to be compromised by the lack of an element of surprise in the wildcat. An athletic front seven and speedy corners should be able to hold contain, and so long as the special teams unit keeps Ted Ginn from impacting the game on that end, Carolina can ride DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart and a conservative passing game to a much-needed home win. Back the Panthers and the under.

Posted : November 19, 2009 1:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

200♦ CALIFORNIA GODLEN BEARS - Not too worried about this long trek across the country, not when the Bears are a real threat in the Pac 10, and not when they're coming into the season with a wealth of talent and slew of experience. Tonight you'll see that on national television, while you'll also see the trouble Jimmy Boeheim is going to have this season, in getting his troops going during non-conference play.

Sure, the Orangemen are 2-0. But they beat up on Albany, 75-43, and Robert Morris, 100-60. Not exactly the competition Boeheim's young guns will see tonight. And since they've been idle since the past eight days, this could get out of hand early.

I'll say this about this year's version of the Golden Bears, if they were a team from Southern California there's a good chance the coaches would have picked it unanimously to win the league title. But the Bears are from Berkeley, and not since Jason Kidd starred inside Haas Pavilion have the Bears received the respect they deserve this season.

Four starters back, a solid bench, more than 90 percent of last year's scoring back and all-conference candidates ... Cal is my choice as the team to beat in the Pacific 10. And without the matched production, experience or backcourt skill, the Orangemen are going to suffer tonight.

100♦ CAROLINA PANTHERS - Call this a must-win for both teams, an elimination game if you will, and at this point I trust the Panthers more than I do a team that just lost to the Buccaneers a couple weeks back. The Dolphins will be without the master of the wildcat, Ronnie Brown, who is gone for the season because of a foot injury. Carolina has a much better chance to balance things out on offense, as quarterback Jake Delhomme has improved tremendously since the start of the season, when he looked like a quarterback who needed his receivers to wear jerseys that read "I'm on your team Jake!" Tonight I expect him to pick apart Miami's rookie cornerbacks, Vontae Davis and Sean Smith, to open up the Dolphins' defense. And when the Panthers turn to the ground game, they'll have the third-ranked rushing offense in the NFL rolling through the trenches. This is going to be simple, as the Panthers get his done.

NOTE - If the Panthers line climbs to 3-1/2, be sure to buy the hook down to a field goal and lay only -3 points. If your bookmaker has a -3 on the game, feel free to go down to 2-1/2 - that's exactly what I did. I think the Panthers win this by at least a touchdown, but better to be safe!

Posted : November 19, 2009 2:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BLACK WIDOW

5* Colorado/Oklahoma State Under 47.5

Posted : November 19, 2009 2:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50* Rider
50* Mississippi

20* 7pt teaser Miami/under
50* Miami

50* Spurs
100* Steam - Phx/NO over

50* StL (NHL)

Posted : November 19, 2009 4:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

CRAIG DAVIS

30 DIME: PANTHERS

Tim Trushel

Carolina- Miami Over

ANTHONY REDD

5 - DIME PANTHERS

Coach Ron Meyer

5* Panthers -3

Power Play Wins

Pitt -15.5

Inside Corner

3 units Pittsburgh +106

3 units Tor/Car Over 5.5

Posted : November 19, 2009 4:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Lineback

4* Carolina Panthers -3 -125

Both teams' run and defend the run well but will will give edge to Carolina with Miami's best running Ronnie Brown out for season. Brown loss is key because he has been central to Dolphins success in The "Wildcat" formation. Strongly believe Miami will miss him tonight. Also, will give Carolina considerable edge in passing game. Panthers, have more playmakers with veteran wideouts Muhsin Muhammad & Steve Smith & DeAngelo Williams coming out of the backfield. Plus, Delhomme, more than capable, of having a "monster" game. Delhomme, is playing more under control and will be facing the #27 pass defense in league, spearheaded by two rookie cornerbacks?? Miami pass D among league leaders in giving up big plays. They have allowed, 32 plays of 20+ yds & 9 plays over 40+ yds. Don't be suprised if Smith, way overdue, has one of his patented dominating performances. If not, at least make enough plays to set up some valuable points. On the flip side, Carolina defend the pass well. The 4th best pass defense, were particularly impressive in pass coverage vs. Atlanta last week. With Brown out, Miami inexperienced QB Henne should have hard time finding anything open downfield. Both Camarillo & Ginn Jr. lack the skills to stretch the field & make consistent plays to move the chains. Will give slight edge to Miami in special teams' but hoping Carolina homefield will neutralize any Dolphins advantage. Only "wildcat" for Carolina is Jake Delhomme. However, predicting big game from Delhomme under the Thursday night lights. If not, logic says, Carolina still have enough edges to get the cover on their home turf.

Posted : November 19, 2009 4:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

15 Dime PANTHERS
5 Dime UNDER Dolphins/Panthers

Now, on this Panthers game, I notice the moneyline is climbing if you lay -3 points. Tells me it could go to 3-1/2. In the event your book has a 3-1/2, buyy the hook down to a field goal. DON'T GET BEAT BY THE HOOK.

15 Dime PANTHERS - The timing is right for Carolina in this matchup. The Panthers have more talent than the Dolphins, are rounding into shape having won and covered four of their last six games and catch Miami in a bad situational spot.

The Dolphins have had a rough last four weeks. They blew a 24-10 lead at home four weeks in a loss to the Saints. They then split division road games beating the Jets and losing to the Patriots. Then last week they had to come from behind to edge Tampa Bay with 10 seconds left.

The victory against the Bucs, though, was costly for the Dolphins. Ronnie Brown is out. That not only takes away Miami's best runner, but also the key player in its wildcat formation. The early turnaround limits Miami's preparation to formulate a good game plan minus Brown.

Quarterback Chad Henne isn't advanced enough at this early juncture of his career to make enough downfield plays to overcome Brown's loss. Next to the Cleveland Browns, the Dolphins might have the worst set of wide receivers in the league.

Carolina ranks 12th in total defense and has the fourth-best pass defense. The Panthers have held six of their last seven foes to 21 or fewer points.

Carolina's problem for much of the season has been the terrible play and turnovers of Jake Delhomme, who has thrown 13 interceptions. But Delhomme has become more of a game manager handing the ball off to DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. This is one of the better running back tandems in the NFL. Delhomme has finally figured out not to get in their way.

The Panthers have rushed for 270, 182 and 185 yards in their last three games and Delhomme hasn't thrown an interception during this span while tossing three touchdowns. Delhomme will be able to pick his spots against a youthful Dolphins secondary as the Panthers bash the Dolphins with their third-ranked ground attack.

5 Dime UNDER Dolphins/Panthers - This is a matchup featuring two ground-oriented clubs with two conservative coaches.

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano does not want to take chances with his young quarterback, Chad Henne, nor does Carolina coach John Fox want to risk an interception with his turnover-prone quarterback, Jake Delhomme. Henne only has two touchdown passes in the last four games.

The Dolphins are without their best weapon, running back Ronnie Brown. That makes their wildcat formation much easier to defend. The short practice week makes it difficult to adjust without Brown and limits any tricks or new plays.

Carolina suffered a key offensive injury, too, last week. Out is star left tackle Jordan Gross. He was the Panthers' best offensive lineman. Pass rushing star Joey Porter is back for Miami. He can take advantage of Gross' absence to wreak havoc.

The Saints were the Panthers' only opponent to score more than 21 points in the last seven games against them.

I see the Dolphins feeding Ricky Williams the ball 35 times while Carolina also has a lopsided margin of running plays compared to passes. That means the clock keeps moving and this total stays under.

Posted : November 19, 2009 4:36 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Al DeMarco

5 Dime - Carolina Panthers

Opposite Action Plays

Carolina Panthers

KBHoops

4* Richmond -5 -120 *POD*
4* Ohio State +2
3* Rider +5

NHL PRO PICKS

Boston -102

Tampa Bay +129

Posted : November 19, 2009 5:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris James Sports

3* Carolina Panthers -3

2* Oklahoma State/Colorado Under

2* South Carolina -7

Northcoast

Marquee Carolina -3

Opinion Colorado +17

Posted : November 19, 2009 5:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Bulls/Lakers UNDER 192

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this matchup is on the "under":

Pao Gasol is expected to make his season debut Thursday night as the Lakers continue their five-game homestand against the Chicago Bulls, who opened their lengthy circus road trip with an impressive win.

Chicago beat the Kings 101-87 on Tuesday.

They hadn't scored more than 94 points in the first nine games of the season. They also improved their league-worst 3-point percentage by hitting 7 of 12 attempts against the Kings; I expect a letdown this evening and to return to their previous poor play.

Keep in mind that the total has gone under the posted number in seven of Chicago's last eight overall and in four of its last five on the road. Chicago has also seen the total go under the number in five of six games as an underdog.

On the other side of the court: The Lakers won their last time out behind a big effort from Kobe Bryant who scored 40 in their 106-93 victory over Detroit.

The Lakers have been held to 83.3 points per game in their three losses and especially struggled in the second half of their recent two-game rut, averaging 30.0 points in the final 24 minutes.

The total has gone under the posted number in 11 of the Lakers last 15 at the Staples Center and in 9 of the last 11 games vs. the Bulls.

Bottom line: Gasol is going to need a game or two to get "up to speed"; I look for Chicago to slide back to mediocrity on the offensive side and when taking into account these strong O/U trends, I believe we're getting excellent value on the UNDER! 8* UNDER.

Posted : November 19, 2009 5:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

CAROLINA PANTHERS -3

Without Brown in the lineup the wildcat for Miami will struggle. Carolina has a great defense and should be able to defend it well. Look for the Panthers to get a big home win. Take Carolina.

Posted : November 19, 2009 5:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ron Raymond

Colorado/Oklahoma St OVER 47.5

When ANY NCAAF Team played as Home team as a Favorite - Last 4 years - Playing on artificial surface - Coming off a win on artificial - Coming off 2 unders; the OVER is 15-6-1 for the home fave (OKST) in this role L4Y.

My ATS Calculator has the total on this game landing on 50.64 points and my PVI rating on this game going over is 54%.

Take the OVER.

Posted : November 19, 2009 5:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

UTAH Jazz +5.5

San Antonio will be without their star guard Manu Ginobli and probably will be without guard Tony Parker in this game. The Spurs also have to play in back-to-back nights after playing a road game last night at Dallas. To make matters even worse, they lost in overtime, which means their starters played even more minutes. Utah got star point guard Deron Williams back last night, and he allowed the Jazz to get an easy blowout win over Toronto. Utah also defeated San Antonio in a 14 point home win earlier in the season. The Spurs have traditionally not been a good point spread team playing in back-to-back nights as well, and playing an overtime game last night against a good team is even more reason to fade them tonight. I look for Utah to take this game down to the wire.

3 UNIT SELECTION Jazz.

Posted : November 19, 2009 5:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS +7.5

Yes the Suns beat the Hornets by 20 about 8 days ago, but I have made a ton of money going against the Suns on TNT Thursday night games as they always carry a premium line. They are 5-17 ATS their last 22 TNT games. I like home dogs on TNT, and the Hornets Chris Paul is out, but David West is stepping up. I like the backcourt for the Hornets at home, and the Suns while hot, are due for a fall. I cashed them on the road Tuesday at Houston, but the Hornets can run with them, have a new coach and outlook for this game on national TV tonight at home, and are in serious revenge mode. The public is all over Phoenix, but 7+ points is a ton of points for a home team in the NBA, we are grabbing it.

Grab the points for a 1 Unit Play Hornets.

Posted : November 19, 2009 5:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

MIAMI DOLPHINS +3

The Dolphins tackle the Panthers in Carolina Thursday night in a pairing of disappointing teams that combined to win 23 regular season games last year, with each looking to get to the .500 level for the first time in 2009. The Panthers covered for the third straight week as an underdog in an upset win on this field over Atlanta this past Sunday. As a result, Carolina finds themselves dressed as home favorites, a role in which they’ve never fared well under John Fox, going 2-9-1 ATS when laying six or less points to a non-division opponent with a win percentage of .400 or more. With Miami 5-0 ATS away off a win under Tony Sparano and Carolina 0-5 ATS in November off a SU division dog win, we’ll grab the points here tonight. Play On: Miami Dolphins.

Posted : November 19, 2009 5:23 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: