FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES +2.5

Posted : October 22, 2009 10:29 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

25 DIME - FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES

10 DIME - FLORIDA STATE-NORTH CAROLINA UNDER

I'm going down swinging tonight with the Florida State offense.

We all know about the Tar Heels 3rd ranked defense, but what about their 117th ranked offense, which is 4th worst in Division 1A?

Only 3 teams in college football have a worse offense; Eastern Michigan, Washington State, and New Mexico State.

The bottom line is when you can't put up over 300 yards total offense at home versus Georgia Southern then I don't have too much confidence in your abilities to exploit any weaknesses of the FSU defense.

Take a look at these numbers:

268 total yards at Connecticut, 154 total yards at Georgia Tech, 174 total yards at home versus Virginia.

For crying out loud, Florida State put up over 500 yards total offense versus that Georgia Tech defense with 180 of those coming on the ground!

North Carolina rushed for a total of 33 yards against the Yelllow Jackets.

People, for a Division One team like North Carolina out of the ACC, that is flat out embarrassing as is 16 turnovers in only 6 games this year.

I understand the concerns of the Seminoles 106th ranked defense, but the question you have to ask yourself about this game is can the 117th ranked Tar Heels offense take advantage of that? I don't believe they can enough to win.

North Carolina will not be able to do enough offensively to win this game. They are going to have to make plays and as we have seen all year long, they just don't have it in them.

People are asking what happened to this Florida State team. Off a blowout win at BYU they have lost 3 in a row jump started by the home loss to South Florida.

My sources tell me that before the South Florida game while the players were waiting for Bowden to give them their pregame speech he was in his office with boosters so Jumbo Fisher got ready to give the speech when Amato, right in front of the team, pulled rank on Fisher and he gave the speech.

The entire offense staff walked out of the locker room and on to the field, a team divided and a 17-7 loss followed and since that moment, this team hasn't won since losing at Boston College and at home to Georgia Tech.

Considering the circumstances surrounding this FSU program right now this is as big a must win for Bobby Bowden as he has had in the last 10 years.

The board of trustees want him out at the end of this year, Chuck Amato thinks the job is his, Jumbo Fisher feels he has already been promised the job.

At the end of the day both of these defenses match up very well with the offenses and I don't see them coming near that posted total of 49.

The play is Florida State and the UNDER tonight.

15 DIME - NY YANKEES - This is a hedge play and nothing more.

I have the Angels in this series, and they might very well win tonight but with a 25 dime series play out there, I won't make the same mistake tonight as I did last night.

I probably should have hedged my 25 dime series loss with the Phillies last night but I didn't. Tonight I will with a 15 dime play on New York.

It's not about what Lackey. It's not about Burnett. It's about one thing and one thing only and that is hedging on the series play I have on the Angels.

15 Dime Yankees.

FREE SELECTION - NY YANKEES-LA ANGELS UNDER

Posted : October 22, 2009 10:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Florida St vs. North Carolina
Play: Florida State +2.5

When the Seminoles meet the Tar Heels in North Carolina Thursday night they will be looking to shake a rare three game losing skid. Since 1974 under head coach Booby Bowden, FSU is 4-0 SU and 2-0 ATS in his career in games off three straight defeats, having never lost four in a row. The Seminoles are 14-1-1 SU in this series, including 3-1 ATS their last four games in Chapel Hill. These two teams have faced on common opponent in 2009 - Georgia Tech. UNC lost the stats by 262 yards to the Yellow Jackets. FSU won the stats against the Jackets. With the Seminoles having squared off against lined opponents with a combined win-loss record of 22-6 this season, look for the streak to stop at three here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Florida State.

Posted : October 22, 2009 10:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

3* ANGELS

Posted : October 22, 2009 10:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WAYNE ROOT

Football Upset Club

4* North Carolina (-2½) over Florida State

Posted : October 22, 2009 10:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

15 Dime - Florida State

Posted : October 22, 2009 11:22 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1500* - Florida State Seminoles

Both teams have been off since the 10th, and both teams come in a little bit shy of their preseason expectations, although the Heels are at least 4-2 straight up this season.

Both schools have plenty of question marks surrounding them, but I am putting my money on Florida State in this meeting, as I think the suspect Sems defense will not be exploited by the suspect Tar Heels offense as much as it has been exploited this season by other schools.

For one thing, North Carolina has been very banged up on their offensive line this season, and they are only averaging just over 100 yards per game rushing and that has translated to games in which they have been held to 12, 7, and 3 points in 3 of their last 4 games against FBS schools!

Florida State's defense has been shredded a-plenty this season, but remember, the Seminoles did hang 54 points on the board in their win at then unbeaten BYU, and also scored 44 their last time on field against Georgia Tech.

State covered in their lone road dog try this season, and are now 8-4 against the spread in that role sice 2005, while the Tar Heels are just 5-6 against the spread as a home favorite under Butch Davis.

This game doesn't figure to be pretty, but in the end it will be Florida State plus the points that gets the spread win.

Take the Seminoles plus any points available.

500* - NY Yankees w/Burnett over Lackey

I like the Yankees to close things out tonight.

I know John Lackey is capable of sending this series back to New York for the weekend, but after the way the New York bats finally woke up on Tuesday, see Robinson Cano, and Melky Cabrera in particular, I have to believe the Bronx Bombers are all set to advance to their 1st Fall Classic since 2003.

AJ Burnett has been solid, if not spectacular in his 2 postseason starts, and after Sabathia showed why the management invested the cash on him, I figure it is time Burnett also rewards the front office with a stellar showing.

The Halos seemed to lose some of their fight on Tuesday night, and you are just not going to get the Yankees at a postseason price like this too often.

Take the Yanks to close it out.

Posted : October 22, 2009 11:23 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

30 DIMER - FLORIDA STATE

10 DIMER - NY YANKEES

The difference in this game is going to be the fact the Seminoles can score, and the Tar Heels cannot.

North Carolina has scored 12 points in a win over UConn, 7 points in a loss at Georgia Tech, and 3 points in a loss to Virginia! The Heels have offensive issues, as their "O"-Line has been injured pretty much all season long, and their rushing attack is averaging just over 100 yards per game.

UNC may be able to muster a little more tonight, as Florida State has been a joke this season on defense, but can the Tar Heels stop the Seminoles when they have the ball?

I don't think they can stop them enough to get the cover, let alone the win. The Seminoles scored 54-points in their upset win at BYU, and while the Heels only scored 7 versus G-Tech, State scored 44.

North Carolina is just 5-6 against the spread as a home favorite under Butch Davis, while Florida State is on an 8-4 spread run their last 12 when catching points on the road.

I will take the small number they are giving, and would not be surprised at all by a Seminoles out win for their beleagured coach tonight.

10 DIMER - NY YANKEES

With A-Rod swinging the bat free-and-easy, getting through the Yankees lineup has become an issue for the Angels pitching staff, and tonight John Lackey will be no exception.

The other Yankee hitters started to connect on Tuesday with some quality at bats as well, as Cabrera drove in 4 on 3 hits, and Cano also rapped out a few base knocks. That is going to be trouble tonight for LA, as the Yankees are wanting to fly back home and have the weekend off before taking on the Phillies next Wednesday in the World Series.

Lackey is going to be his usual tough self, but I think Burnett is capable of matching pitches with him as long as he avoids that one wild streak he always seems to have.

I know the Angels have given the Yankees problems in the past, but this year is different you could see that by how New York responded after losing Game 3, as they cam right out and rolled the Halos 10-1 on Tuesday. The Yankees pen is well rested, and tonight it is lights out for the Angels.

Posted : October 22, 2009 11:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Paul Leiner

25* Yankees +105

Posted : October 22, 2009 11:44 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Black Widow

6* Widow Wise guy ACC GAME OF THE MONTH on Florida State +3 -125