Maddux Sports

3 units Pittsburgh -6

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Game: Clemson at Georgia Tech
5 units Georgia Tech -225 (moneyline) (risk 5 to win 2.2)

Last year Clemson had the three offensive players rated 1, 2 and 3 in the preseason player of the year voting in the ACC. They managed to gain 250 yards or less in five games, so needless to say the offensive line was very sub-standard for the ACC. This team has talent, they have changed almost every coaching level including defensive coordinator and they are breaking in a new QB. All of this while playing on the road in a hostile environment in the ACC opener. The same offensive line, with some experience, is not going to be easy to pull off on the road early. Georgia Tech ran the ball down everyone's throats a year ago, but with Johnson more comfortable with the players knowledge of the system he is going to open things up. Nesbit has a big arm and talented receivers to which to throw. What was a very good offense last year is going to be more effective because of it. This is a tough place for Clemson to come in on the road with so many new schemes and faces. Paul Johnson is 16-4 straight-up in his last 20 games off a home win. I like Georgia Tech to win this game and it's worth these odds on the moneyline.

Game: Indiana Fever @ Chicago Sky
Pick: 5 units Under 146

There aren't too many teams that win on the road in the WNBA. This season, just Indiana and Phoenix have winning road records. They are extremes in terms of league standards. Phoenix wins by just plain outscoring their opponents and Indiana wins by out defending them. The Fever is the leader in fewest points per game allowed in the WNBA. Chicago looks to be more of an offensive team, but when you dig inside the numbers, something very revealing is discovered. The Sky have amazingly allowed 75 points or more on the road in 16 of their 17 road games. When they play at home that 75 minimum they allow on the road, is the average of what they allow at home! That is quite the extreme. So the defense that doesn't show up on the road, has been part of what they do at home all season - a much better defensive club. These teams have historically played to the UNDER as five of their last six have gone below the total, and the Fever have played seven of their last nine UNDER overall. I will go UNDER in this one

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vegas Informer

5 Unit Play. Take Chicago PK over Indiana

(Game of the Week) Indiana is the top team in the East but on the road the Fever can be beat. Indiana is 14-3 at home but only 8-7 on the road. Chicago certainly has a more immediate need for a win tonight, as it shares identical overall and conference records with Washington and Connecticut. Chicago is 11-4 at home and tonight they will need to play great ball to beat this Indiana team. Chicago is 5-2 ATS following a SU loss. The Fever are 4-1 ATS against Chicago so revenge is on the table for the Chicago Sky.

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

5 Unit Play. WNBA GOM. Take the Chicago Sky +1 over the Indiana Fever

Its nearly playoff time and it comes down to motivation at this stage of the game. We took the Under yesterday in the Shock vs. Lynx game given that both teams needed the win and consequently we correctly assumed that defense would be the name of the game. And, we figured the Lynx would need the win more to be tied for fourth in the West and used that as a comp pick. Today, is no different. The Fever are set. They are 22-10 and lead the East. Regardless of what happens this week, this team has the first seed. But, Chicago on the other hand is 15-17 and is it stands right now, they are in a three way tie for the fourth and last playoff spot in the East. This is an absolute must win for this team if they plan on going dancing. This team cannot rely on tiebreakers and would much rather handle their own destiny - right here and right now. This team recently played Indiana on the road and was down by just 1 at halftime. As the Sky went into the fourth quarter they were down by six and couldn't get closer after that. With the crowd behind them, with revenge and the necessity of winning this game, I expect Chicago to pull this game out this evening similar to how the Lynx defeated the Shock last night. The Sky are 11-4 at home this year and 5-2 ATS following a SU loss.

4 Unit Play. Take Under 10.5 between the Reds @ Colorado Rockies

We took the Under in this game yesterday and we will look to do the same here today. The Reds look to avoid getting swept in Colorado in a four game series. The Rockies look to extend their four game lead on the Giants for the Wild Card. Wells only recently made his first start for the Reds in early August. He has looked good so far and has helped the Reds win his last two starts as he has given up just two earned runs over the last twelve innings. I look for him to continue pitching well for his new ballclub as he helps them avoid a sweep at the hands of the Rockies. Contreras was brought on board from the Whitesox to help the Rockies down the stretch and he is performing accordingly. Contreras pitched gave up just 1 earned run to the Dbacks in a 4-1 win on september 5th. I look for him to have another quality start today - albeit, he will probably give up a decent amount of hits but will manage to get out of the jams (he gave up 8 hits to the dbacks to only give up 1 run in 6 innings). The Under is 13-3-1 for the Reds in their last 17 road games and the Under is 4-1 for the Rockies when the total is set at this range.

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Insider Sports Report

3* Clemson/Georgia Tech OVER 43

3* Tennessee Titans/Pittsburgh Steelers Over 35

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Frank Patron

20,000 unit Lock

Tennessee Titans +6

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

3-Unit Play Take New York Mets Florida Marlins OVER 9½

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SAM CLAYTON

25 DIME - TITANS +6.5

Usually I'm not one to jump right into football right off the bat and considering how successful we've been on the diamond, this might concern some of you. However, when I see a spread this large in a game that I feel will most likely be decided by a field goal, I'm going to take the points and run like hell.

How quickly we forget that the Titans came out of the gate last season stronger than anybody in the NFL, winning their first 10 games of the 2008 campaign. Tennessee went on to beat down Pittsburgh 31-14 on Dec. 21 and they finished with the league's best record (13-3) before falling apart in the playoffs -- where as we all know -- anything can happen. And as common as player turnover rates are now-a-days, both of these teams are almost identical this season, with the exception of DT Albert Haynesworth leaving Tennessee for Washington and former Steelers wideout Nate Washington crossing over to play for the Titans. Both losses hurt, sure, but I really don't believe they are drastic enough to point toward a blowout of any kind.

If anything, I think it's the Titans that will be more motivated coming into this game given the fact that they went from Super Bowl hopefuls to being knocked out in the divisional round against Baltimore. Tennessee has everything to prove and the journey to February starts tonight with a big game at Heinz Field. Pittsburgh won the Holy Grail when all was said and done and now they are the hunted this time around. The bullseye is on the Steelers' chest and every single team that plays them this season is going to play to the whistle and beyond. And given how savvy and aware Jeff Fisher is when it comes to spreads (refer back to the Buffalo preseason game when the punter knelt in the endzone for a push and Fisher was seen smiling on the sideline), you know for a fact he's reminded his team all week long about the slap in the face that Vegas gave his squad about being six points worse than the Steelers.

I feel this is going to be an extremely close game because of how versatile Tennessee's offense is. It's one of the best flowing in all of football and they can hurt you in so many different ways. It starts with super-efficient Kerry Collins, who threw for 2,500+ yards and 12 touchdowns last year. Yes, I'm aware those aren't the most impressive numbers, but it's the way Collins plays the position. It's the way he picks up the rush and sees the field. He's a great decision-making veteran that doesn't make many mistakes and I love giving him an additional six points plus to play around with. The rushing game is a perfect mix of thunder and lightning with LenDale White and Chris Johnson and larger-than-life Algae Crumpler is holding down the fort at tight end, where he is a mammoth pass catcher and even better blocker off the line. And for all the qualms about Pittsburgh being the reigning No. 1 defensive unit in the NFL, Tennessee checked in at No. 2 allowing only 14.6 points per game.

Tennessee has won four of the last six meetings against Pittsburgh and the underdog is 5-1 against the spread over that span. I wouldn't be shocked one bit if the Titans pulled this one out, but in all honestly, I think a Jeff Reed field goal is the slim difference on opening night. Take the Titans and the points and be excited about the start of a brand new season. I hope you're ready for some football.

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

C-Stars Sports

1000 units Clemson at Georgia Tech under the total
1000 Units Tennessee/Pittsburgh over the total
1000 Units Atlanta +120 over Houston

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Drew Gordon

300K - Pittsburgh Steelers

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

TONY BRUNO WINS

10x CLEMSON

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

College Football TV "Total" Oddsmaker Error!

Clemson/Georgia Tech Under

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Lock Club

4 Units Steelers

Posted : September 10, 2009 2:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns