Ga.Tech/Miami Under 54

Mariners +110

Posted : September 17, 2009 5:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

4 Unit Play. Take the Phoenix Mercury -1.5 over the San Antonio Silver Stars

Sometimes, the public wins. There are some -1's out there as well, but we will roll with -1.5 as the line will go up as the public is on this game about 2:1. For someone who usually fades the public, this is a bit of an anomaly here for me to roll with Phoenix, but I like them for a couple of reasons here. For starters, they come off a hard fought loss to the Sparks at home and this team is usually a very solid bounce-back. Plus, this team lost to San Antonio in their last effort on this very floor back on August 15th. In fact, the home team has won each of the four games that have been played this year. But, I believe this will be a road series - meaning that the team on the road will likely cover more games. The Mercury are 13-2 ATS when coming off 3 days rest, 13-3 ATS coming off a straight up loss and the Silver Stars are 1-4 ATS when playing a team with a winning record. I like Taurasi leading the charge here in the season where she hopes she will be remembered for a WNBA championship rather than the DUI she received earlier this year.

Posted : September 17, 2009 5:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sid Paradise

Georgia Tech @ Miami,

This game is very interesting. Miami was blown out last year in this match up and looked foolish trying to stop the option attack of the Yellow Jackets. The Hurricanes were shell shocked early on the road last year and could never recover. This time the game is in Miami, where the Canes will not be intimidated. While I do not believe the Canes will shut down the GT offense, I do believe they should be able to keep it under control. Randy Shannon was a defensive coordinator before taking this job so he will not want his unit to get destroyed again. The overall team speed of Miami should play a factor as well. I do not believe the GT defense will be able to keep up with the play makers on the Canes offense. The early action in this one was on the Canes but game day action has been on the Yellow Jackets. I see this one as a tight game most of the way but Miami should be able plug up any holes on defense by the 4th quarter and win by 7-10 points. Both teams should find the endzone frequently as well so I like the Over.

Pick- Miami -4 (-110) 6* play
Pick- Over 54 (-110) 3* play

Posted : September 17, 2009 5:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

OC Dooley
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
2 Units Marlins at Reds OVER 9'
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
It seems like an eternity since Anibal Sanchez pitched a "no hitter" for Florida but he has been plauged by shoulder problems ever since. Sanchez has made 5 starts for the Marlins ever since his most recent stay on the disabled and has struggled with both control and mechnical problems. In his most recent mound appearance Sanchez was lifted in the fifth inning after his pitch count became excessive (87) and was not eligible for a victory. Due to his wildness, Sanchez has NOT thrown for more than 6 innings in a single game since way back in the opening month of APRIL. In 61 combined innings of work this season, the Florida youngster has issued a most generous 31 walks and tonight he has to deal with a suddenly hot Cincinnati offensive lineup. The Reds have played OVER the total 4 times in the past six games which is in direct contrast to a recently completed streak where they went "below" the spot EIGHT consecutive times. Cincinnati's offense has been brought back to life with the activation of outfielder Jay Bruce (broken wrist) off the disabled list along with another outfielder Laynce Nix. Both of those players have combined for 31 homers and add some support for cleanup hitter Joey Votto who at one point had a batting average that was above the .350 mark. Votto along with infielder Brandon Phillips combined on 5 hits last night and both players are currently riding SEVEN game hit streaks. In the case of Phillips he has become only the 2nd player in the entire majors to have at least 20 homers, 20 doubles and 20 steals. The only other players in the majors this season to achieve that feat just happens to be Florida star shortstop Hanley Ramirez who is in town for the weekend. It certainly would be in Cincinnati's best collective interest to score some runs tonight in support of Matt Maloney who left his most recent assignment early with a BLISTER on his pitching hand. For those of you familiar with blisters that can haunt pitchers for awhile like veteran A.J. Burnett who a year ago had to make a couple of disabled list stays due to that injury. Matt Maloney just happens to be a late replacement for scheduled Cincinnati starter Johnny Cueto who has come down with the flu bug and was sent home by the club yesterday. For those of you who get to watch this game on satellite keep an eye on Florida's streaky outfielder Cody Ross whose batting average (.415) has been through the roof during a current 11-game hitting tear. Speaking of hitting last night the Reds and Astros combined on FIVE HOMERS at Great American Ballpark by the bottom of inning #3 in what turned out to be a very close 6-5 contest. My database research indicates that Cincinnati long term is 23-12 OVER/HOME when off a CLOSE win of 2-or-less runs in margin. Florida has played OVER the total this season (29-12) at a whopping 70-PERCENT clip when off consecutive victories. In this Marlins/Reds series 13 of the past 17 clashes have soared OVER the total and I expect that trend to continue this evening

Posted : September 17, 2009 5:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kelso

10 Units G Tech

Posted : September 17, 2009 5:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Reds
CWS Under

Ga Tech

Posted : September 17, 2009 5:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Speculating Sports

Georgia Tech at Miami
Selection: MIAMI -5.5

Underdogs in ACC games around this price range have been strong against the spread selections over the last year, but I feel that this game is not going to follow that trend. Miami was blown out by Georgia Tech last season, but Miami was in a tough situational spot in that game. In addition, the Yellow Jackets were very focused for their nationally televised primetime home game, and they took advantage of the inexperienced Miami defense. The Hurricanes and head coach Randy Shannon didn't have much experience against Paul Johnson's triple option offense heading into that game, and they were on a short week of practice. However, they have had extended time to prepare for this game and do not want a repeat performance of last year's blowout. Miami also has a brutal schedule after this game, so they cannot afford to lose this contest. Georgia Tech's win last week against Clemson is somewhat misleading because they used several gadget plays and turnovers to get a win over them. However, the Tigers moved the ball rather easily against them from the 2nd quarter on, which almost resulted in a huge come back win. Georgia Tech's problem this year is their inexperienced defense, evident by Clemson's offensive success with a new quarterback last week. Miami's starting quarterback Jacory Harris looked fully comfortable against Florida State with the new offense that the Hurricanes installed, especially since that game was on the road. I look for Miami to come out and get a dominant home win in primetime.

3 UNIT SELECTION

Posted : September 17, 2009 5:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Lock Club

3 units GT

Posted : September 17, 2009 5:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy June