10* Dodgers
10* Reds

Posted : September 24, 2009 3:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Maxwell

500 Unit SEC Midweek Must Play - SOUTH CAROLINA

An SEC team with the talent of South Carolina is getting points at home in a nationally televised conference matchup? I don't understand it but I'll certainly jump all over it. Play Steve Spurrier and grab the points tonight.

Spurrier's guys had a cupcake game on Saturday, beating Florida Atlantic 38-16, after two tough games to open the season, beating NC State in the season-opener for college football in a defensive battle, 7-3, and then going to Georgia and losing a shootout 41-37. The Gamecocks covered in each of the first two games and showed they can slug it out on defense or offense.

Everyone is singing the praises of Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead, but expect that South Carolina defense to have a gameplan for him. We know the Ole Miss defense is supposed to be specdtacular, but it isn't facing Southeastern Louisiana here. The 'Cocks have offensive talent in QB Stephen Garcia and RB Jarvis Giles. Garcia has 683 yards passing so far this year and Giles ran for 113 on 11 carries on Saturday.

South Carolina went to Ole Miss and beat the Rebels a season ago, 31-24 as a two-point road 'dog. The 'Cocks are on ATS runs of 6-2-1 in September games, 12-5 after an ATS win and 5-2 in SEC play.

This home crowd is going to be pumped up and honestly I think the Ole Miss squad is a big overrated at No. 4 in the country. Their offense is good, but not great and their defense hasn't been tested yet against an offense with the firepower of South Carolina.

Play Spurrier and the 'Cocks tonight!

Posted : September 24, 2009 3:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

#1 Sports

250,000 Lock Parlay

Miss & Over

Posted : September 24, 2009 3:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mean Green Profit Machine

Padres

Indians

Brewers

Posted : September 24, 2009 3:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

10 DIMER - SOUTH CAROLINA - Last year coming back from Philadelphia I grabbed a book at the airport called "Meat Market", which chronicled Ed Orgeron's tenure at Ole Miss and more importantly, one full year of how he recruited at the school.

I couldn't put the book down. Fascinating read and what I learned is not only what goes into recruiting a kid for the S.E.C., but how much incredible talent Houston Nutt inherited from Orgeron's recruiting.

It was too late to grab Ole Miss +22 1/2 at Florida that afternoon, and I remember watching them win the game outright and saying this team is the real deal.

They fell flat the next week at home to this same South Carolina team 31-24 as a 2 1/2 point home favorite and then the next week they went to Arkansas as a 6 1/2 point favorite and won 23-21 but failed to cover the number.

They've covered every number since then but they were either a home favorite or road dog, but never a road favorite. In fact, they have been a road favorite in conference play just once the last 3 years and that was the no cover at Arkansas last year.

I jumped on them big with their win at Lsu as a 3 1/2 point dog, and came with another big play in their bowl win over Texas Tech as a 4 point dog.

It's a weird dynamic in college football when a team goes from hunter to being the hunted, as is the case with Ole Miss being the road favorite here.

When you are not accustomed to being a road favorite in conference play and Vegas sees fit to make you one in the toughest conference in America, let's just say it's a role you are not used to.

You are asking a team which has lost it's last 5 S.E.C road openers straight up and 0-11 ATS last 11 overall to cover more than a field goal in arguably their biggest game in years.

Or how about 2-14 straight up last 16 S.E.C. road openers.

Their last trip here was 2004 and they were a 16 1/2 point dog and granted, they won the game outright as a 16 1/2 point dog but just 5 years later they are installed as the favorite. Oh how the times have changed.

Furthermore, you may see a 45-14 win over Memphis on the road but friends that was a 10-7 game with 50 seconds to go in the half and 24-14 with 11 minutes to go in the game before Memphis imploded.

Trust me, South Carolina is not Memphis, and getting more than a field goal is value I can't pass up with this Thursday night home dog.

I am going to make Ole Miss prove to me they can succeed in the road favorite role first before I start annointing them a top 5 team in the country.

I'm impressed with South Carolina's effort so far this year. A big road win over N.C. State, putting up close to 500 yards total offense at Georgia and dominating Florida Atlantic last week.

This is the real true first test for Ole Miss, on the road no less, in a big national tv game in front of the world, and the Thursday night lights have a way of getting to you.

This is a very popular team right now and the public is on them as well as evidenced by this number being above a field goal.

Going to grab the points tonight in what I feel is going to be one of the best games we've had in college football this year

Posted : September 24, 2009 4:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Savannah Sports

3* Mississippi -4.5

Posted : September 24, 2009 4:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KBHoopsFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
3* South Carolina +4 **POD**
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
3* Seattle Mariners -147

Posted : September 24, 2009 4:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

3* Thursday Night MLB *Crunch Time Bailout* on Giants -101

I'll fade Dempster and the Cubs tonight against a Giants club still fighting for an N.L. Wild Card slot. The Cubs are just 4-12 in Dempsters road starts this season. Plus, he is 1-7 lifetime when starting against San Francisco. The Giants are one of the best home teams in baseball at 48-26 and they send Penny to the hill tonight, who is 3-1 since joining the club. He is coming off his first loss as a Giant, a very rocky start against the Dodgers, and I expect him to enter tonight's game focused and determined to get back in the win column. The Cubs are 0-5 in their last 5 Thursday games, 2-10 in their last 12 vs. a team with a winning record, and 3-13 in their last 16 road games vs. a team with

Posted : September 24, 2009 4:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50* USC/Ole Miss Under

Posted : September 24, 2009 4:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Northcoast

Marqee - Ole Miss