1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Gary Olshan

Texas A&M at Oklahoma State
Pick: Oklahoma State -3

Take OSU at this cheap price in Stillwater, where Cowboys have been a 67% play over the last 5 years. OSU QB Weedon has extra time to have his thumb heal, and A&M defense still lacks playmakers besides DE Miller, who still has no sacks due to a nagging ankle injury.

Posted : September 30, 2010 5:39 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

3 Units Oklahoma St.-3

This selection has a great deal to do with home field advantage of Oklahoma State. Both of these teams have high scoring offenses and questionable defenses. Texas A&M’s defense has put up good statistics this season yardage wise, but they haven’t played any good offenses yet. They will be tested by Oklahoma State in this game though. The Cowboys have installed a new spread offense this season, and their offensive statistics have been staggering. Oklahoma State is averaging close to 600 yards per game on offense and 57 points per game. Last season the Cowboys were able to beat Texas A&M by 5 points on the road as well. Aggies quarterback Jerrod Johnson has only completed 59% of his passes this season while posting a 7/4 touchdown to interception ratio. I expect Texas A&M’s defense to struggle stopping Oklahoma State’s offense because they haven’t seen it before. I also expect the Cowboys defense to have enough stops due to extra motivation from playing at home in a nationally televised primetime game. These teams are about even in my opinion, but playing at home is going to be a huge advantage for the Cowboys.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

Boston -125

This lefty vs. lefty matchup greatly favors the visitor as they send out Jon Lester, who has been remarkable of late (0.41 ERA L3 starts), winning six straight starts (1.76 ERA) overall. Lester has not yielded a single earned run in five of his previous eight outings. He is currently riding a 15-inning scoreless streak. A 7-3 win over the Yankees on Saturday gave him 19 wins on the season and tonight he looks to be the first Boston lefty in 57 years to win 20 games in a single season. In his career, Lester has a 66-30 team start record in night games. Counterpart John Danks has not pitched particularly well here at US Cellular Field this season, going 0-2 with a 9.68 ERA L3 starts here. Last three seasons he has a 13-20 TSR in home night games. Boston is an outstanding 20-9 off BB losses this season and we think they'll make it 21-9 after tonight. Boston is our 20* AL Favorite of the Month.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

10* St Louis Cardinals -125

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on the home side:

Jason Hammel gets the nod for the visitors; Hammel was rocked in his last outing; he allowed four runs on eight hits in Saturday's 10-9 loss to the Giants; he's now allowed at least four runs over his last four starts.

Not only is Colorado just 1-9 its last 10 overall; it's also just 1-4 its last five on the road.

In the other dugout: Chris Carpenter gets the nod for the home side; Carpenter has struggled of late, however now that the Cards are officially eliminated from playoff contention, I look for the big right-hander to settle down and return to form.

He's gone 0-4 in his last four starts and hasn't lost five straight since 2001; he's still 15-9 on the year with a 3.31 ERA.

St. Louis is 5-2 its last 7 overall; also 11-6 (+2.4 units) as a home favorite with a money line in the -125 to -150 range.

Bottom line: Both teams are simply looking to end their seasons on a high-note, but certainly Carpenter will be looking to salvage his year with a big effort; I believe we're getting fantastic value on a superior pitcher who has the advantage of throwing at home; with nothing on the line but personal pride I expect Carpenter to throw a gem;

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

30 Dime Oklahoma State

Posted : September 30, 2010 5:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

Millionaire - Texas A&M