59 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Triple Threat Sports

2* Ohio U (+) over Pittsburgh

To start, our Power Ratings on this game show the Panthers only -6, and they are laying almost double that here. Pitt does not have the veteran leadership that it has had in past years for Dixon, and it has shown itself on the floor on more than one occasion this year. Ohio U is better from the free throw line (73% to 65%) and has already posted an impressive road showing against a quality team this year, losing just 81-80 at Tulsa, and right now we rate the Golden Hurricane as better than the Panthers. Take the generous points here.

Posted : December 22, 2009 8:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

igz1 sports

3* Missouri State +1

Posted : December 22, 2009 8:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRANDON LANG

20 DIME - OREGON STATE BEAVERS - Everyone is making such a big deal out of the "Who really wants to be here" card.

Well, I do agree it does apply to some bowl games and most certainly could be mistaken to apply here, but when your head coach is 5-0 SU in bowl games, let's just say he knows how to coach past the "disappointment."

I mean, Mike Riley just showed you what he and his staff can do to pick up the pieces as Oregon State was in this exact situation last year?

At home against Oregon, a win and they are going to the Rose Bowl for the first time since 1964 based on their upset win over Southern Cal earlier in the year, were absolutely destroyed 65-38 and so were any hopes of smelling the roses.

Relegated to the Sun Bowl, you could throw out any "letdown" talk as their defense pitched a shutout and they took care of Pitt 3-0 covering as a 1-point favorite.

Deja vu all over again as history repeated itself this year as a win again would have put them in Pasadena but to no avail as they went down 37-33 to their arch nemesis again and find themselves in the Las Vegas Bowl.

And yes, this loss was much closer than the 27 point blowout last year but the disappointment is exactly the same and I am handicapping this game based on the fact I feel he can coach these kids past the disappointment again this year.

From an X's and O's standpoint, the talent edge is without question on the side of Oregon State and last I checked, they didn't struggle to score 24 points at the New Mexico's of the world nor losing at home to the Florida State's of the world by 54-28.

Nope, all 4 of Oregon State's losses were teams going bowling with 2 of them to teams playing in BCS bowls, Cincinnati and Oregon. Pretty good resume if you ask me.

No doubt BYU is familiar with this venue having played here like 100 times but let's be honest, if I'm a senior and I get stuck in the Las Vegas bowl again, folks I lived in Vegas and trust me, it does get boring after awhile.

I look for Oregon State to do exactly what they do every year under head coach Mike Riley and that is step up and play football in front of a national TV audience and in front of the NFL scouts who will be there.

With the line being this low I am comfortable with the thought the team that wins will probably cover and the team I see winning is the team with more talent and speed and at the pro or college level in any sport, speed kills.

They bounced back last year and I fully expect them to bounce back against this year against a BYU team that has covered just 1 of their last 4 versus the Pac-10.

FREE SELECTION - UAB BLAZERS

Posted : December 22, 2009 12:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

30 DIMER - OREGON STATE BEAVERS
10 DIMER - NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS

30 DIMER - OREGON STATE BEAVERS

BYU is playing in Vegas for the 5th straight season, and while the proximity of BYU to Las Vegas makes it a no-brainer for the bowl to have BYU participate, the Cougars playing this game against the Pac 10 has not been so kind to BYU.

BYU covered just 1 of their last 4 bowl games against the Pacific 10, and this Oregon State team is likely to drop that number to just 1 cover in 5 tries.

Oregon State brings some serious matchup problems to the table for the Cougars, as the Rodgers brothers will see to it that the Beavers team speed is used to its fullest potential tonight.

The Beavers bring a nice 5-0 straight up bowl record under Mike Riley into Sin City this evening, and they have also covered in 4 of those 5 bowl games.

With Sean Canfield firing away, Quizz Rodgers slicing and dicing, and James Rodgers hauling in passes, I have a strong feeling the Beavers will prevail in this one.

Mark the G-Man down for a play on the Beavers to notch another bowl win and cover.

10 DIMER - NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS

I feel bad for Marshall tonight, as North Carolina just allowed 103 points to Texas in their weekend loss at Cowboys Stadium.

I have a feeling Roy Williams cracked the whip at practice, and you will see a defensive effort put forth tonight from the Heels.

Marshall brings in a 9-1 record to tonight's game, but playing the likes of High Point, Brescia, Binghamton, and Salem International is not the same as going up against ACC heavyweight North Carolina.

Not only going up against the Heels, but going up against them after a loss like they just suffered, and also having to play them in their own gym!

UNC has covered 8 of their last 11 lined home games, and they will roll tonight.

Blowout City baby!

Posted : December 22, 2009 12:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

THE BOOOOJ

50 units on North Carolina (-13.5) over Marshall

30 units on Oregon State (-2.5) over BYU

Posted : December 22, 2009 12:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Steve Duemig

30 Dime - BYU

One of the key questions on the list of any football handicapper during Bowl games is "Who wants to be here"? In this game the answer is obvious. Under Mike Riley the Beavers are 5-0 in bowl games but just a few weeks ago the Beavs were playing for a shot at the Rose Bowl, now they are playing in the Las Vegas bowl instead. Has to be a major disappointment. Now BYU comes with their usual huge following to Tinsel Town with no real distractions due to "reasons". They are more experienced and they have the better QB in this game. they are playing close to the end of their regular season so their won't be a lot of rust either. The Mountain West always comes to play, especially against the bigger conferences.

Posted : December 22, 2009 12:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RAS

1.5 Units UNC Green +20

Rest 1 Unit

Murray +2'
NV +8
Hawaii -3'
N'east'n +6

Posted : December 22, 2009 12:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KIKKI SPORTS

GOM - BYU +2.5

Posted : December 22, 2009 12:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Moore

BYU vs Oregon State
Pick: BYU +3

Cougars are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following an Against The Spread loss.
Cougars are 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games after accumulating less than 275 total yards in their previous game.

Beavers are 2-5 Against The Spread in their last 7 games as a favorite of 3 points or less.

Posted : December 22, 2009 12:14 pm
(@mmranch)

Blaze,

Do you ever post the selections of Scotty Ferrel?

Thanks

Posted : December 22, 2009 12:45 pm
(@mmranch)

Sorry I hit the Z instead of the D, Blade.

Posted : December 22, 2009 12:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sportsbetsnow

3 Units Hawks -8.5

Posted : December 22, 2009 1:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Blaze,

Do you ever post the selections of Scotty Ferrel?

Thanks

Blaze is ok ;D

Really hardly see his premium plays much at all and when I see them I post them, I recall his premium stuff wasn't bad at all.

Posted : December 22, 2009 1:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

BYU at Oregon St.
Prediction: BYU

Home field advantage in a bowl game is always an attractive gift for the holidays (14-7 SU and ATS since 1998). While there are no such presents on this years bowl card, the Cougars come as close to the comforts of home as you might get. Returning to Las Vegas for the 2nd time this season, and to this bowl for the 5th straight year where they dropped a 10-point decision to Arizona last year. This marks the 15th appearance for the Mormons in Sin City, where they are 11-3 SU all-time. On the flip side, Oregon State enters the city of bright lights off a bitter, second-straight Rose Bowl costing gloss to Oregon where the Beavers gnawed their way to 23-21 here against UNLV in Week Two of the season. The Beavers are 0-6 ATS under head coach Mike Riley as a favorite of dog of less than eight points against .800 or greater non-conference opposition. The clincher, though, comes from our trusted database as it reminds us that .750 or greater dogs returning to the same bowl they lost last year are 5-0 ATS when facing a .750 or less opponent winning every game straight-up! We're all in with the Cougars. We recommend a 3-unit play on BYU.

Posted : December 22, 2009 1:31 pm
(@hermans1)
Eminent Member

ATS LOCK
3 Units on UNDER 58.5 BYU/Oregon State, 8pmET
4 Units on Oregon State (-2.5) over BYU, 8pmET

Posted : December 22, 2009 1:53 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: