AAA Sports

Central Florida-Mississippi Over 142.5

Posted : January 5, 2010 6:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

James Patrick Sports

Iowa vs. Georgia Tech

Expect a lot of Black & Gold in the stands in support of the Iowa Hawkeyes, (the only Big Ten team to win a Bowl Game a year ago), as HC Kirk Ferentz's team looks forward to the challenge of of stopping the nation's #2 ranked rushing offense in one of the more favorable Bowl match-ups for the Big Ten Conference this Bowl Season. Offensively the Hawkeyes regain the services of QB Ricky Stansi and their top running back and even though the Hawkeyes never see an Option Attack in conference play we look for their veteran and grizzled DC Norm Parker, one of the best at his trade with a month of preparation on his side, to be well prepared for the challenge. In a Bowl Game the Option Attack never seems as effective as teams have a month of preparation as opposed to the regular season game week when Tuesday & Wednesday are the only days set aside to deal with this rare offensive scheme at full speed. An example is last season when Georgia Tech was averaging 300 yards and LSU held them to 164 yards. This game is strength against strength with the high powered GT rushing attack taking on the stingy Hawkeyes Defense. Iowa HC Kirk Ferentz has his Iowa team in their 6th January Bowl Game in the past 8 seasons and we'll put on our Black & Gold as we call an Iowa Upset Win over the Yellow Jackets in the 76th Orange Bowl as GT has the lowest rated defense of all 10 BCS Bowl teams. The underdog is (8-2) ATS in Iowa Bowl Games and the Hawkeyes check in at (6-1) ATS when they are in that role while the Ramblin Wreck Bowl Game underdogs are a solid (7-2) ATS. The Orange Bowl underdog is on a (5-1) ATS run the past (6) contests. Iowa City Rocks Tonight! 5* Pot of Gold Iowa Hawkeyes

Posted : January 5, 2010 6:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Flanagan

3* Georgia Tech -5

When we talk about Iowa we have to talk about a team that gained a quite a bit of wins in ugly fashion. The Hawkeyes needed a few blocked kicks in the final seconds to avoid embarrassment against Northern Iowa, They snuck out a win against Penn State who played sloppy in the end in a game they should have lost.

They held on late against Michigan, trailed to Indiana by 14 at halftime, and pulled off a heroic last-second touchdown drive to beat Michigan State. They looked horrible against Arkansas State and earned a pair of losses to Northwestern and Ohio State before a pitiful performance in the 12-0 win over Minnesota.

I've summed up the season of a team that was a few lucky plays away from playing in a Mid-December Bowl Game. When we talk about Georgia Tech I get excited.

I'm a sucker for teams that can establish the running game and when we are talking about Georgia Tech who averaged 307 yards per game sitting pretty at number in the country my face lights up.

Iowa's defense gets a lot of respect but remember they did give up more than 200 yards against Ohio State. I think if Georgia Tech can get the option rolling they have this game right where they want it.

Force this game into a shootout and the Iowa offense has no chance to play catch up. They lack the talent to keep up with a Georgia Tech offense that averages five touchdowns per game. If Iowa does fall behind like they did all year, all I can say is good luck catching up.

3* Georgia +5

Georgia Tech has not won in Athens since 1976. The 5 points come in hand very nice in this game and we may not even need them. This is a rivalry that plays out tight no matter what either of these teams records are.

In this instance we are getting a home dog that as history shows can win this game without the points. Georgia is 6-1 at home this year and Tech comes in here in their second back to back road game in the past few days. They come to Athens where they obviously don't win also have trouble covering the spread. They are 0-5 ATS in their last five trips here.

The Bulldogs showed me they can win big when they play with intensity with their 70-67 upset over Illinois. I expect them to very pumped up and motivated for this game tonight and bring out the same kind of desire.

Georgia Tech Forward Dani Lawal, who scored 29 points against Charlotte Saturday to match his season-high, will be matched up inside against Georgia do-it-all Forward Trey Thompkins. Thompkins has slight the physical edge in that match up, and it should be a good one between the two. Let's grab the points with the Bulldogs here.

3* Grizzlies/Trailblazers Under 198.5

The Under has came through for us bettors in 20 of the last 28 meetings, and that includes 7 of the last 8 times these teams met in Portland. If you look at both of these teams last 5 or 6 games they have been on "Over" swings. An old technique used by many wise bettors I've learned from in my day is that around 5 or 6 straight overs is when the buck stops in the NBA.

Aside from that old wise tale this is the third game in four nights for Portland. Their legs will be tired and will try to focus on controlling a slower tempo in this game so they don't have to run.

Remember this is the third game in four nights and second in a back to back after they lost to the Clippers last night. The last thing these guys want to do is get in a shootout. They have many injuries right now and will look to take it the slow route because their bench help is very limited.

Look for Portland to control the pace of this game on their own court with a lot of half court play and it we will play this one under.

Posted : January 5, 2010 6:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jason Sharpe

Iowa vs. Georgia Tech
Pick: Iowa -4.5

The Big Ten is really looking good this year in the bowl season and the one team in the conference who has continually got little respect this year is the play in this one.Georgia Tech has a powerful offense but for as every bit as good their offense is, their defense is just as bad. The Yellow Jackets struggle from that side of the ball and in this bowl season the better defenses have had their way.Iowa is now healthy. Keep in mind this team had National Championship aspirations with a few weeks left in the season. Now we get them as a live dog here. They have had a month to prepare for the Yellow Jackets offense and should be ready here.Take the Hawkeyes in this one.

Posted : January 5, 2010 6:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Executive

400 G Tech

250 Rd Island

G Tech is CFB

Posted : January 5, 2010 6:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KB HOOPS

5* Chicago Bulls +6.5 **POD**
4* Notre Dame -1
4* Akron -1
4* Illinois -14
3* SD State -3.5
3* Iowa +6

Posted : January 5, 2010 6:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Northcoast

Marquee GT/IA Over

Looks like this is wrong

Should be

Top - Iowa

1* Marquee - Under

Posted : January 5, 2010 6:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Millionaires Club Guaranteed Selections

92% TRILLION DOLLAR NBA WINNER

Phoenix -2.5

Posted : January 5, 2010 6:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I have to head out guys but just about everything is posted.

Posted : January 5, 2010 6:36 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: