Free Picks: Premium Service Plays for Tuesday, November 24,2009

46 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

10 DIME - WESTERN MICHIGAN BRONCOS -.(if 10 1/2 buy the 1/2, and lay 10. I don't care if it's college or pro football, never get beat by the hook when dealing with the 3, 7, 10, 14 or 17 number.) "I think we ran out of juice."

That was the quote of Ball State coach Stan Parrish after his team was routed by CMU at home 35-3 last week.

So let me get this straight Stan, your team was playing the best team in the MAC, at home on national TV and at 1-10 this was your bowl game. Your Super Bowl. It was your season.

"I think we ran out of juice."!?!?!!?

Ok, where are you going to draw the energy from to play a Western Michigan team coming off 10 days off that has to not only win to get to 6 wins and bowl eligible but they have to impress the bowls while doing so.

I have a senior QB in Tim Hiller playing his last home game of his career, off 3 road games, with the 25th best passing attack facing the 73rd best pass defense in the nation.

For my dollar tonight, I just don't see where Ball State is going to be mentally focused to compete for 60 minutes with nothing to play for against a team at home trying to get bowl eligible.

There is no doubt in my mind the right side of this game is Western Michigan.

Just as I did last week taking Central Michigan over this Ball State team, I will force Ball State to play error free football and cover this number.

Now I know what you are thinking. Ball State covered all 4 games they were a road underdog this year. Well, you are correct.

But let me also point out it was against the 119th pass offense of Army, 54th at Auburn, 111th at Temple and 86th ranked pass offense in Ohio.

The top 3 pass offenses they played this year regardless of where the game was played lit them up.

Bowling Green with the #4 pass offense put up 376, #20 Toledo put up 422 and Central Michigan at #38 put up 343.

This does not bode well for a Ball State team that "I think we ran out of juice" in their last game at home.

You add revenge from last year and I am going down swinging with Western Michigan tonight.

Posted : November 24, 2009 3:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Coglye West

8* Clb/Mon Under 5.5

Posted : November 24, 2009 4:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Savannah Sports

1* Ball State +11

2* LA Lakers Under 212.5

Posted : November 24, 2009 4:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GREAT LAKES SPORTS

3* Golden State

Posted : November 24, 2009 4:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Western Michigan (-11) for 1 Unit

Surely W. Michigan's defense is not what we want as double digit chalk; however, Ball State's offensive struggles should continue tonight to enable the Broncos to deliver. Ball State's QB Tanner Justice, who was anointed starter after Page went down with a season ending injury, has not been hitting his mark (49% completions / 2 TDs to 4 INTs); as a result, the once potent run game has stalled out with opposing teams loading the box out of disrespect for the Ball State air game. With extra prep time, we'll look for a better defensive effort out of the Broncos tonight. And throw in double revenge from the last two years of taking it on the chin when current NFL QB Nate Davis was picking apart their defense. WM as a small play tonight.

Posted : November 24, 2009 4:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Unlocked Sports

2* NY Knicks +13

Posted : November 24, 2009 4:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Winning Points

Ball State

Posted : November 24, 2009 5:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Charlie Sports

500* Pacers +5
500* Pacers @ toronto Over 214
500* Ball St @ Western Mich Over 51
30* Ball St +11 (30*)
20* Florida St +4 (20*)
20* Tulsa -15' (20*)
10* Lakers -12' (10*)
Denver -13 Free Play

Posted : November 24, 2009 5:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BLACK WIDOW

6* Widow Wiseguy NBA Tuesday Night "BLOOD BATH" on Toronto Raptors -5

Toronto has been solid at home this season, posting a 4-2 record and scoring 107.0 points/game. The home team is 4-0 SU & 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings between Toronto and Indiana, with the home team winning by at least 7 points each time. Toronto won by 23 and 13 points in their last 2 home meetings with the Pacers. The Raptors are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a favorite. The Raptors are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games as a home favorite. Take Toronto and lay the points.

5* Wiseguy CBB "FIRST BLOOD" Play of the Night on Florida Gators -2

The Gators are showing excellent line value as just a small home favorite to beat in-state rival Florida State Tuesday. THe Gators are 35-13 ATS (+20.7 Units) versus very good shooting teams - making >=48% of their shots since 1997. Florida is a solid 82-57 ATS (+19.3 Units) as a home favorite or pick since 1997. When backing home favorites of 3 to 9.5 points after a win by 15 points or more against opponent after 3 straight wins by 15 points or more, we find that these home teams are 28-5 (85%) ATS since 1997. The Gators get the nod Tuesday as our first CBB release of 2009. Take Florida and lay the points.

4* on Denver Nuggets -13

The Nets are 0-13 this season, and they won't even come close to getting their first win of the year tonight in Denver. The Nuggets are 5-0 at home this season, scoring 118.8 points/game and allowing 102.4 points/game for an average margin of victory of 16.4 points/game. Now they play the worst team in the league and do not want to hand New Jersey their first win of the season, so expect Denver to put them away early. The Nuggets have won their last 2 meetings with the Nets by 28 and 25 points, respectively. Denver is 12-2 ATS (+9.8 Units) in home games versus poor passing teams, averaging <=20 assists/game over the last 2 seasons. The Nuggets are 13-3 ATS (+9.7 Units) vs. poor rebounding teams - outrebounded by opponents by 3+ per game over the last 2 seasons. Take Denver and lay the points.

Posted : November 24, 2009 5:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

CORNELL +14

Cornell has a very good team this year as they return all 5 starters from last year's team. Syracuse is off a major win over North Carolina and will probably have a letdown. Cornell is 31-10 ATS since 1997 as a road underdog of 12 1/2 or more points. Cornell is 77-43 ATS on the road since 1997. Cornell is 12-4 ATS since 1997 against good offensive teams scoring 77 points per game or more. Cornell is 6-0 ATS at Syracuse since 1997. Big Red are 13-1-1 ATS in their last 15 games following a double-digit loss at home. Big Red are 20-6-1 ATS in their last 27 games as a road underdog of 13.0 or greater. Big Red are 21-7-1 ATS in their last 29 games as an underdog of 13.0 or greater. Big Red are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 vs. Big East. Big Red are 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games as an underdog. Big Red are 40-19 ATS in their last 59 games following a SU loss. Big Red are 35-17 ATS in their last 52 games following a ATS loss. Big Red are 39-19-1 ATS in their last 59 games as a road underdog. Orange are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 vs. Ivy League. Big Red are 6-0 ATS in the last 6 meetings in Syracuse. Big Red are 6-0 ATS in the last 6 meetings. Underdog is 6-0 ATS in the last 6 meetings. Road team is 6-0 ATS in the last 6 meetings. We'll play Cornell for 5 units tonight!

Posted : November 24, 2009 5:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ron Raymond

Pacers/Raptors OVER 215

When ANY NBA Team Played as Road team as a Underdog - During the month of November - Last 3 years - Vs Conference Opponent - Coming off a Road loss - Scored 90 or less points FOR in their last game vs. opponent with a 41% to 50% winning %; the OVER is 10-5-1 for the Road Dog (IND) in this spot the last 3 seasons. Take the OVER.

Posted : November 24, 2009 5:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

CORNELL +14

For a number of different reasons I feel the value in this matchup is on the large visiting dog:

The 10th-ranked Orange will try to legitimize their gigantic jump into the rankings Tuesday as they go for a 32nd straight victory over local rival Cornell, which gave Syracuse a scare at the Carrier Dome last season.

The Big Red have lost 31 straight in the series dating to 1968-69, and they’re 0-17 all-time at the Carrier Dome, but they certainly caught Syracuse’s attention last season, taking a 16-point lead in the first half before losing 88-78 on Dec. 3 and I'm looking for a similar effort this evening.

Cornell always plays tough on the road: 4-2 ATS its last six dating back to last season.

On the other side of the court:

Following an 82-79 loss to little-known LeMoyne on Nov. 3, the Orange started the season outside the Top 25, and they were still unranked when they knocked off a pair of ranked opponents en route to the 2K Sports Classic title at Madison Square Garden last week.

Bottom line: The Big Red matches up well in many key positions, too many points here; look for CORNELL to improve to 2-0 ATS as an underdog and for Syracuse to fall to 2-1 ATS as a favorite. 6* CORNELL

Posted : November 24, 2009 5:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Ball State/Western Michigan OVER 51.5

At the beginning of the year many thought Ball State would win the MAC. Nobody could have expected this team to lose so many games and have only one win on the season. This tonight is their bowl game. Western Michigan has a great QB in Tim Tiller and teams with good quarterbacks have put a hurting on Ball State this year. In fact, both of these defenses stink. Tiller will have a monster offensive game in his final home game as a Senior. Look for both teams to thrive offensively sending this way over the total. Take the Over.

Posted : November 24, 2009 5:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

WESTERN MICHIGAN -10.5

Revenge after a serious beat down Ball State gave the Bronco’s last year is on the minds of the Broncos. Add in the fact that the starting QB for Ball State is out and his replacement has a 48% completion rate and 2 TD passes and 4 picks, and you have the makings of some payback tonight on senior night for W. Michigan. Tim Hiller, the Bronco QB is a solid player, one of the better ones in the MAC this year (22 TD Passes) and although his go to WR may be out with an ankle issue, he has some weapons. Ball State has averaged only 13 ppg their last 3 on offense and with a limited QB against a team that rolls up 427 yards of offense a game, with 2 time revenge for these seniors and the better QB at home, looking to end the season on a high note at home, on TV, against a team with 1 win all season, I smell a 2 TD win here.

Play 1 Unit on Western Michigan.

Posted : November 24, 2009 5:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

CORNELL +15

The Big Red meets the Orange in a colorful College Hoops confrontation Tuesday night knowing that Cornell is 6-0 ATS in this series. With Syracuse just 1-10 ATS in its last 11 games versus Ivy League competition, look for the Orange to come up flat off their 2K Classic Tournament win over North Carolina here tonight. Grab the points with Big Red. We recommend a 3-unit play in Cornell.

Posted : November 24, 2009 5:14 pm
Page 2 / 4
Share: