44 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Sports Gametime

100* Play Bowling Green (+3.5) over Buffalo

Bowling Green has covered the spread in 14 of the last 18 road games and they have also won and covered the spread in 6 of the last 7 games coming off a conference loss. Bowling Green has covered the spread in 7 of the last 8 games in the month of November and they are averaging over 315 passing yards a game this season.

Posted : November 3, 2009 10:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Royal Sports

10* Bowling Green Falcons

Posted : November 3, 2009 10:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Inside Odds

4* Philadelphia 76ers +6.5

Posted : November 3, 2009 11:59 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

20 DIMER - BUFFALO BULLS
10 DIMER - DENVER NUGGETS

20 DIMER - BUFFALO BULLS

A pair of 3-5 teams go at it, and to me 2 factors favor Buffalo, as # 1 head coach Turner Gill rates the edge over 1st year coach Dave Clawson, and # 2 Buffalo is at home under the primetime lights for this game.

That's really it for me. Small home chalk in a "must-win" situation, and after last week's overtime loss at Western Michigan, I expect the Bulls to be right back in the saddle, and handle their business in this home date.

This is the Falcons 3rd road game in their last 4 weeks, and after winning their previous 2 in conference play, I look for them to come up a little shy tonight.

Stick with Buffalo,

10 DIMER - DENVER NUGGETS

Indiana hasn't shown much through their first 2 games, losing both by double-digits.

Denver is off to a 3-0 start, covering in 2 of the 3, and the Nuggets have covered 7 of their last 8 on the road dating back to last season.

The Nuggets are also 8-2 against the spread the last 10 times they have faced the Pacers, and with this being the start of a lengthy road swing for Denver, I expect them to beat up on a team they should beat up on.

Lay the road wood with the Nuggs.

Posted : November 3, 2009 1:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

400♦ BOWLING GREEN FALCONS - I'm a big fan of Turner Gill. Unfortunately this season, he just didn't have the thoroughbreds he had in 2008, and duplicating last year's magical campaign has been impossible.

Eight games into the season, the Bulls are a disappointing 3-5 and come into this one pretty dinged up to face a Bowling Green team that has won two of three and needs every win possible to have a shot at playing in a Bowl Game.

Remaining on the schedule are the Bulls tonight, Miami-Ohio (1-8), Akron (1-7) and Toledo (4-5). Tonight's game figures to be the toughest, even over Toledo since the Rockets will be visiting Bowling Green.

And the Falcons couldn't ask for a better situation than it's in at Buffalo. They bring in the fourth-ranked passing game, which averages 341.3 yards per game, and take on a team that ranks 101st in the nation with just 1.25 sacks per game and 50th-ranked pass-efficient D.

But here's the real concern: Buffalo's defensive backfield is an area injuries have hurt the team significantly. And the lack of depth in the defensive backfield is going to hurt against Bowling Green’s offense. Junior cornerback Josh Thomas is one of four defensive backs listed as out, doubtful or questionable for this tonight's game.

Senior quarterback Tyler Sheehan and senior wide receiver Freddie Barnes are a deadly combination, and make up for the putrid running game (ranked 120th) the Falcons put on the field. Barnes leads all NCAA with 99 receptions and 1,054 yards, while his nine touchdowns are tied for second in the nation.

And get this, Barnes isn't just any receiver - this kid forgot he ain't in high school any longer - he does it all. He can pass, catch, run ... he does it all. And to get this road win under the belt and move closer to the bowl eligibilty plateau, I'm banking on this kid to be the star for us tonight.

Take the road team tonight, as I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons won this game outright.

NOTE - I noticed the line on this game has dropped off from 3-1/2 to 3, and since I know those are wise moves and not public money, I suggest you try grabbing the 1/2-point and buying the hook back onto the field-goal spread. I spoke a big game up above, and yes I do believe Bowling Green can win this outright; but that's irrelevant. The smart move is to take 3-1/2 with a road dog in conference play

Posted : November 3, 2009 1:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kyle Bales

15* Suns/Heat Under 216
10* Bowling Green/Buffalo Under 53.5
10* Denver Nuggets -4.5

Posted : November 3, 2009 1:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NHL PRO PICKS

New York Rangers -110

Posted : November 3, 2009 2:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Utah Jazz @ Dallas Mavericks
Pick: 5 units Utah Jazz +5.5

The Dallas Mavericks won impressively at LA and came back with a win over the Clippers, but they will have an angry Jazz team to deal with here, seeking redemption for a 130-101 loss at Dallas late last season. It was a game Dallas had well in hand but piled it on in the fourth quarter putting up 37 more points, and it won't go forgotten by the Jazz. Utah put a similar hurt on the Mavericks earlier in the season 115-87 but called off the dogs in the fourth where the teams finished even at 21-21, so the Jazz took it personally that the Mavs not only got redemption, but rubbed it in. I expect a full-focused effort here by the Jazz that have covered four straight off a loss going back to last year vs. a Mavs team that is just 8-21 ATS against the Northwest in their last 29. The Jazz get the call.

Posted : November 3, 2009 2:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WAYNE ROOT

2009 Football Upset Club

3* Buffalo (-3½) over Bowling Green

Posted : November 3, 2009 2:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

50- Dime BOWLING GREEN

50- Dime BOWLING GREEN - Buffalo's dream season of a year ago has become a faded memory. Multiple injuries and Mid-American Conference losses to Temple, Central Michigan and Western Michigan have zapped much of the spirit from the Bulls.

The defending MAC champion Bulls have a losing record, both straight-up and against the spread. They gave up more than 500 yards of total offense in their last game, a 34-31 overtime loss at Western Michigan.

Worse, the Bulls lost two more players. Defensive end Willie Mosely and safety Chris Storr are both out for the season after getting injured in that loss to Western Michigan. The Bulls have a cluster injury problem at several spots, including their secondary. They have only one healthy defensive back among their first and second string units.

Bowling Green is a heavy passing team with a ratio of 408 passes to 165 rushes. Tyler Sheehan is one of the top quarterbacks in the country and he has one of the best targets in Freddie Barnes, who is No. 1 in the nation in receptions (99) and yardage (1,054 yards). He's scored nine touchdowns.

No foe has stopped the Sheehan/Barnes combination yet. Buffalo isn't going to end that streak with its battered secondary.

The Bulls also have injuries in their offensive line and at running back where their two best ball carriers, Ide Nduka and Brandon Thermilus, are each questionable with ankle injuries.

Buffalo has a good passing attack, too. But the Falcons have come on defensively holding Ball State to 17 points and high-scoring Central Michigan to 24 points, nearly a touchdown below its season average.

Bowling Green has covered nine of the past 11 times it has been a road underdog. Buffalo has failed to cover the past five times it has been a home favorite. This has been a 'dog series lately with the underdog covering in each of the past four meetings.

Posted : November 3, 2009 2:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

5 Dime Buffalo

Posted : November 3, 2009 2:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

igz1 sports

3* Pittsburgh -105

Posted : November 3, 2009 3:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

10 DIME - BOWLING GREEN FALCONS - (if line is 3 you buy the 1/2 and get 3 1/2, if line is 2 1/2, you buy the 1/2 and get 3) - Going to side with the road dog tonight.

Buffalo is facing arguably the best QB/Wide Receiver tandem in the country in Tyler Sheehan and the nation's leading receiver in Freddie Barnes, and with a really banged up secondary of Buffalo, the points are without question the way to go.

Am I a little concerned with the rush defense of Bowling Green? You bet I am.

In their last 6 games, the Falcons have given up over 200 yards rushing to 6 straight opponents but the strange thing is the last 2 games they still held Ball State to 17 points and the best team in the MAC Central Michigan to 24.

The problem facing Buffalo is turnovers. 18 total this year forcing only 11. That is how you lose football games here folks. Turnovers.

Buffalo will have chances in this game. I believe they will rely heavily on the run. But as they have all year long, they will turn it over at crucial times and that will be the difference.

It's the Freddie Barnes show on ESPN2 as the country gets a look at the next MAC wide receiver to make it big in the NFL.

Grab Bowling Green +3 1/2

10 DIME - ORLANDO MAGIC - I am going to keep riding this Magic team laying whatever number they put out there.

Tonight they find themselves in Detroit to battle this Pistons team that as we are finding out, is done.

Detroit is off a home loss to Oklahoma City by 8 at home, and at Milwaukee by double digits. Not exactly the Detroit Pistons we all remember now are they?

This Magic team has won all 3 of their games this year by 14, 10 and 9 points covering all 3 and you go back to an 8-0 preseason run winning by an average margin of 18 points an dit's game on here.

I am not a believer in the Pistons, and I believe it's going to be a very long year.

END OF STORY.

Lay the wood with the Magic tonight.

10 DIME - DALLAS MAVERICKS - You start losing at home by double digits to a depleted Houston Rockets team at home and now roll into Dallas on back to back nights, I'm sorry, I don't trust this Jazz team.

They looked terrible last night and now in Dallas the Mavs will take no pity on this team.

The Utah Jazz are on an incredible 0-11 ATS run when they are an underdog of 5 to 10 1/2 points. OUCH.

You add the fact the favorite is 4-0 the last 4 in this series and the home team on a 21-5 ATS run and you can see the only way to go in this game is with the Dallas Mavs at home.

FREE SELECTION - OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER

Posted : November 3, 2009 3:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

7 Unit Play. NBA GOM. Take the Washington Wizards +11.5 over the Cleveland Cavaliers

Posted : November 3, 2009 3:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

3 Units Thunder +7.5
3 Units Thunder game under 193.5
4 Units Suns game under 216.5

Posted : November 3, 2009 3:22 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: