9* Arkansas State

Calgary/Columbus Under

Posted : October 13, 2009 12:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

20 DIMER - UL-MONROE

Gonna keep this analysis short-and-sweet, as I am sure all you are interested in is the winner in this game.* Take UL-Monroe as the small home chalk.* For one thing, the Warhawks have won and covered their last pair of games - both in conference play!* For another, the home team has won the last 4 in this series.* Finally, Arkansas State is on spread slides of 2-9 overall, 1-7 their last 8 roadies, and 1-6 their last 7 in Sun Belt play.* Arkansas State has been off since their game at Iowa in which they nearly took the Hawkeyes down in Iowa as the 3-TD underdog. I can see the Red Wolves having a hard time getting back up in this spot.* G-Man going with the Warhawks to take it both straight up, and against the spread.

Posted : October 13, 2009 12:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

5 Dime Arkansas State

20 Dime Angels Series

Posted : October 13, 2009 12:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig DAVIS

15 Dime - ARKANSAS STATE MONEYLINE

To be honest, the biggest reason for me to release the Red Wolves as tonight's lone selection is the fact they've played better competition and will be more seasoned coming into this contest. Though they're only 1-3 on the year, the Wolves have lost to three teams with a combined 12-3 record and two teams in the top 20. Meanwhile, although the Warhawks of UL Monroe are 3-2 on the season and yes I realize they played Texas in their season opener, I'm not sure they've competed against the same caliber teams overall. In the their two games vs. teams from BCS conferences, the Warhawks lost by a combined score of 97 to 34 and were outgained by over 300 yards. The Wolves lost to Iowa and Nebraska by a combined 62-30 score and their last game was a nail-biter with the unbeaten Hawkeyes which they dropped 24-21 on the road.

Let's just say in the big games, I was more impressed with what Arkansas State did than I was with what UL Monroe did. Shoot, for that matter, I'm not even all that impressed with what ULM has done in their other three games. Let's look at who they've played. Florida International (1-4), Florida Atlantic (0-4), and Texas Southern (1-4, in the FCS, mind you). Aside from the blowout win over Texas Southern (and what else did you expect?), the Warhawks struggled to beat both Florida International and Florida Atlantic... no matter what the scores might say. In fact, in their 27-25 win over Florida Atlantic they were out-gained by over 100 total yards and looked sloppy doing so. Just looking back at some of their games, it's very apparent they don't take care of the football and have more combined turnovers than Arkansas State coming into tonight. Add the turnovers to the fact ULM simply commits too many penalties for my taste and you can see the intangibles clearly favor the road team. Most people will look at this game as an easy win for Monroe because they seem to be able to put up points, they're playing at home and they have a better record. Think again. I believe, top to bottom, the Red Wolves are simply better despite what the records say. I think they prove it tonight, beating the Warhawks 28-24.

Posted : October 13, 2009 12:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DOMINIC FAZZINI

15 Dime - LOUISIANA-MONROE

Louisiana-Monroe has been exceeding expectations this season, and I expect it to continue its strong play tonight.

The Warhawks, who were picked to finish seventh in the Sun Belt, have won their first two conference games, winning 27-25 at Florida Atlantic and beating Florida International 48-35.

Their only two losses have come at No. 2 Texas (59-20) and at Arizona State (38-14).

La.-Monroe has a strong running game, ranking 15th in the nation with 208.6 yards on the ground per game. It also averages 217 yards per game through the air, so it's not like the team's offense is one-dimensional.

Arkansas State had an impressive showing in its last game, losing 24-21 on the road against No. 13 Iowa and covering as a 21-point underdog, but it hasn't defeated a Division I-A school this year.

The home team has won the last four games between these teams, and the Warhawks covered the spread in all of them, each time as an underdog.

La-Monroe is 3-0 ATS at home, 5-0 ATS when playing opponents with a losing record and 21-8-1 ATS in conference games.

The Red Wolves, however, are horrible ATS, going 2-9 overall, 1-7 on the road, 1-6 in Sun Belt games and 2-8 following a bye.

The Warhawks have way too much offense for Arkansas State to deal with, and Malone Stadium is going to be rocking under the glare of the national-television spotlight. Take Louisiana-Monroe to cover the points.

Posted : October 13, 2009 12:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50* Arkansas State

Posted : October 13, 2009 1:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS

3 Units UL Monroe -2

Posted : October 13, 2009 2:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

20 DIME - UL-MONROE WARHAWKS

Lot's of question marks to be answered in this football game tonight.Both of these teams faced stiff non-conference competition as Arkansas State went rolling into Nebraska, and Iowa while UL Monroe went to Texas, and Arizona State.Now they both were dominated pretty good with exception of Arkansas State at Iowa, who caught the Hawkeyes in the ultimate flat spot off the big win at Penn State and Michigan on deck.The game that concerns me with Arkansas State was the home game versus Troy, who held them to just 13 first downs and beat them by 3 as Troy rolled up over 500 yards total offense.I don't care how well you play Big Ten teams on the road, you start allowing Sun Belt teams to put up over 500 yards on you, well let's just say your defense has some holes to fill.What I am impressed with on the UL Monroe front is their win at Florida Atlantic, who many picked to win the SBC.Huge offensive edge here for LA Monroe as they come in with the # 32 overall offense in college football while Arkansas State is ranked # 79th.While both defenses in this game rank about the same, it will be the offense of UL-Monroe which will be the difference at home tonight.Going to lay the small wood with UL-Monroe tonight.

Posted : October 13, 2009 2:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Black Widow

6* Widow Wiseguy CFB Tuesday Night TOTAL OF THE YEAR on Ark State/UL Monroe OVER 52.5

Last year's meeting between these teams saw a combined 66 points, including 41 in the first half alone. We foresee another high-scoring affair this time around as both offenses return most of their key starters and both units are better than they were a year ago. Both defenses are very shaky, with Arkansas State giving up 24 or more points in 3 of their 4 games while UL Monroe has allowed 25 or more points in 4 of their 5 games. But UL Monre is putting up 33.4 points/game, including 53.0 points/game at home. Arkansas State has faced a tough schedule with games against Nebraska and Iowa, but they are still averaging 29.5 points/game this season and should be able to eclipse that average tonight. Both teams have excellent balance, with UL Monroe averaging 209 yards rushing and 210 yards passing/game this year. Arkansas State averages 163 rushing yards and 180 passing yards/game. We just don't see either offense getting stopped tonight. UL Monroe is 8-1 (89%) OVER when the total is between 49.5 and 56 over the last 2 seasons. Take the OVER 52.5 points here.

Posted : October 13, 2009 4:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kelso

5 units Ark State

Posted : October 13, 2009 4:14 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: