Topic starter

KIKKI SPORTS

3* GOY Mich St.

Posted : January 6, 2010 1:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRANDON LANG

50 DIME - TROY TROJANS - Will the MAC finally cover a bowl game?

Going back to last year the Mid American Conference is on an 0-9 ATS run.

This year alone we have seen Ohio implode, Bowling Green implode, Temple implode, and Northern Illinois implode.

I am talking about a conference that year in, and year out doesn't show up for bowls.

The river card for me tonight was watching South Florida in the 2nd half just run over, around and thru Northern Illinois.

Northern Illinois couldn't do a thing offensively and that was a NIU offense which put up 31 on Central Michigan at CMU.

Troy has gotten better as the year has gone by and offensively they are playing their best ball of the year putting up 42, 50, 42, 40, 47, and 48 in 6 of their last 7 games.

I know they imploded in their two games versus BCS conference losing to Florida 56-6 and at Arkansas 56-20 but the fact still remains this team can score.

Earlier this bowl season I was watching Middle Tennessee State just destroy Southern Miss and I kept asking myself the question, "How in the world did Troy hold this Middle Tennessee State team to 7 points?

This is the best team in the Sun Belt, playing close to home, versus another MAC team that will have chances to win, should win but for whatever reason won't win because I don't care what anybody says, 0-9 ATS is 0-9 ATS.

The line move down does concern me a little bit but it's not enough to get me off going against the MAC.

When Northern Illinois showing so bad versus South florida I said right then and there I am not trusting the MAC in another bowl game this year which leaves us with this game tonight.

My dollar says the MAC finishes this year just like last year, 0-5 ATS as Troy gets the money.

FREE SELECTION - TROY-CENTRAL MICHIGAN OVER

Posted : January 6, 2010 2:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Adam Meyer

Central Michigan -2

Posted : January 6, 2010 2:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

3* Troy

4* Marquette

3* Cornell

Posted : January 6, 2010 2:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocky Minetti

4 Units San Antonio Spurs-8.5

These are two teams headed in different directions, spurs are healthy and playing well as a team, while the Pistons are banged up and going backwards. Take the Spurs and lay the wood for a very easy cover at home.

Posted : January 6, 2010 2:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Winning Points

10* Troy

Posted : January 6, 2010 2:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Sports Gametime

100* Play Troy (+2.5) over Central Michigan

Troy has won 6 consecutive games coming off a bye week and they have also won 15 of the last 16 games coming off an OVER the total. Troy has won 6 of the last 7 games when the total posted is 63 points or greater and they are averaging over 33 points a games on offense this season.

Posted : January 6, 2010 2:45 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NHL PRO PICKS

Dallas +122
Toronto +163
NY Islanders +147
St. Louis +200

Posted : January 6, 2010 2:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Colorado -160

For a number of different reasons I believe we're getting excellent value on the home side in this situation:

The Islanders, opening a three-game trip, played past regulation in three straight and four of their last five contests. New York’s last three games went to shootouts, with the Isles winning twice.

After taking a three-goal lead three times Sunday, the Islanders allowed Atlanta to tie it in the third period before posting a 6-5 shootout victory.

I expect a "letdown" this evening.

The "achilles heel" of this team for the longest time has been its play on the road, and it continues to be a weak spot again this year; 7-18 its last 25 away from friendly confines.

On the other side of the rink: The Avalanche look to continue their success against the Islanders in Denver when the teams meet for the only time this season Wednesday night.

In its last game Sunday, Colorado won 3-2 at Columbus on T.J. Galiardi’s goal off a rebound with 57.8 seconds left.

Colorado has 54 points after 43 games, one season after finishing with a Western Conference-low 69 points. Rookie center Ryan O’Reilly, though, knows the Avs need to shore up their play.

“(Letting teams) right back into it has been a tendency for us lately, but we are young and we have the leadership and we’re changing that,” he said. “In order for us to be successful down the road, that’s something we have to do.”

Remember, not only are the Av's 5-2 their last seven overall, they are also 4-2 their last six at the Pepsi Center.

Bottom line: Colorado has a long history of dominating the Islanders at home, 6-1-1 in front of the home town faithful vs. the Isles, and I expect this trend to continue tonight; look for COLORADO to improve to 9-3 (+7.6 units) in non-conference games and for New York to fall to 2-5 (-3.1 units) in non-conference games!

6* COLORADO

Posted : January 6, 2010 3:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

BYU -9

UNLV has some dissention among their team on playing time local sources report, and while I looked at this line the opposite way at first, BYU is shooting 58% from the floor and 46% from 3 point range and scoring 93 ppg in their last 5 games, and they hit the offensive glass hard. They are unbeatable at home and UNLV is coming off a bad neutral site loss to a poor USC team. Love the Cougars at home here by 15. Play 1 Unit on BYU.

Posted : January 6, 2010 3:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

St. Joseph's +14

When the Hawks take on the Owls in a Big Five game in Philadelphia tonight they will be playing with triple revenge from three losses suffered last year in this rivalry series. St. Joe's is 13-7 ATS as dog in this series, including 2-0 ATS when seeking revenge. They are also 7-3 ATS as dogs when avenging a conference tourney loss, including 4-0 ATS when off back-to-back losses. With the home team just 4-8 ATS in Temple's games this season, look for the Hawks to soar here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on St. Joseph's.

Posted : January 6, 2010 3:07 pm
(@hermans1)
Eminent Member

ATS LOCK CLUB
3 Units on Troy (+3) over Central Mich, 7pmET

Posted : January 6, 2010 3:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GAMBLERS DATA

5* Central Michigan -2.5

5* BYU Cougars -8