0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST

NBA WEDNESDAY POWER PLAY

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS @ DETROIT PISTONS
PLAY: OVER 172 FOR 3 UNITS

The Charlotte Bobcats were offensively dead to start the season, and through 4 games, not considering overtime, they averaged under 75 points a game. They have begun to find a semblance of offense, and have now averaged over 90 in their last 3, while allowing 90 as well. The Pistons once a methodical defensive team, have some different parts, and allowed 100 on back to back nights already this season something rarely seen in Detroit, but it is a new era. Bobcats playing 7-1 to the over on the road vs a team with a winning home record, while Pistons 10-3 to the over as a favorite of up to 4.5. I'm going OVER in this one.

Posted : November 11, 2009 9:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

igz1 sports

3* Memphis/Houston Over 213.5

Posted : November 11, 2009 12:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NHL PRO PICKS

Anaheim +113
NY Islanders +170
Edmonton +185
Colorado +156

Posted : November 11, 2009 12:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KBHoops

5* Central Mich -17 **POD**
4* Hawks/Knicks OVER 207
4* Milwaukee Bucks +4.5
3* New Jersey -122 (NHL)
2* Detroit U +18 (CBB)
2* Robert Morris +18

Posted : November 11, 2009 12:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tom Freese

Hawks at Knicks
Pick: Hawks -5.5

Atlanta is 18-7-1 ATS their last 26 games as favorites and they are 6-1-1 ATS their last 8 games overall. The Hawks are 5-0 ATS their 5 games as favorites of 5.0 to 10.5 and they are 5-2-1 ATS vs. a team with a losing record. New York is 2-6 ATS their last 8 games as underdogs and they are 1-4 ATS off an ATS win. The Knicks are 0-6 ATS their last 6 games vs. Eastern Conference teams and they are 1-5 ATS on Wednesday. 10* "NO BRAINER" PLAY ON ATLANTA -

Posted : November 11, 2009 12:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRANDON LANG

15 DIME - CENTRAL MICHIGAN & OVER - 2-TEAM, 6-POINT TEASER - Over the years the one thing I have learned about the MAC conference is expect the unpredictable, and along with that comes more backdoor covers than any league in the country.

Central Michigan should blowout Toledo. This game shouldn't even be close. Vegas thinks the same way I do installing the Chippewas as a 17-point home favorite.

I could see Toledo and their crazy offense getting the ball back down 3 touchdowns in the last 4 minutes and stick it right in everybody's face and lose by 14.

I don't know how many times in the past 4 years Central Michigan has done exactly that to me. Allowed the backdoor with a late fumble or INT. So tonight, I protect myself.

In their 3 home games this year they beat Alcorn State 48-0, Akron 48-21 and Eastern MIchigan 56-0.

Now after 3 straight on the road and 10 days to prepare for this battle, offensively I feel they will be ready to roll. It's their defense against Toledo's offense that will determine the cover.

Toledo has the 13 best passing attack in the country and 18th best overall offense so they are going to get their points and with a passing attack like that, they are going to score against anybody which brings the backdoor into play.

These teams are going to score and yes, Central Michigan could very well win this game by 4 touchdowns but as I said, I've seen them up 21 and driving to go up 28 with 6 minutes in the 4th only to see LeFevour throw a stupid INT and the next thing you know it's a 14 point win.

For this very reason, I am taking Central Michigan down to -11 and the total down to 54 and I am rolling with a 2 team 6 point teaser in the wacky MAC conference.

I had a similiar thought process last night with Ohio-Buffalo but didn't pull the trigger and it cost me. I won't make that same mistake twice.

2-TEAM, 6-POINT TEASER CENTRAL MICHIGAN and OVER

5 DIME - PHOENIX SUNS - Normally I would side with the road team here catching the Suns in a serious jet lag situation, but I just don't trust this New Orleans team right now.

The Hornets have covered just 3 of their 8 games this year and now have to step up to a Suns team that finished their road trip very strong after they laid an egg at Orlando.

They went into Boston on back-to-back nights and beat the Celtics by 7, followed by big wins over the Wizards and the Sixers.

Like I said, you spend 4 games on the East coast, and them come back west and play a couple of days later your legs can feel like they weigh 100 pounds each, but I feel the Suns are one of the best-conditioned teams in the NBA and will be ready to roll.

This game may be close for awhile but as soon as the Suns get their legs under them, it's bye-bye time for the Hornets, who were 0-4 on the road until they beat the Clippers 2 nights ago.

Phoenix is the play.

5 DIME - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - Denver has to be tired in this spot here.

They come into Milwaukee finishing up their 6 game east coast road trip on the 2nd of back-to-back games having battled the Bulls down to the wire last night.

Now they face a Bucks team that has won 3 of their last 4 SU, and are 4-0 ATS. In fact, you go back to last year and you will see a Bucks team on a 7-1 ATS run.

You couldn't ask for a better spot for the Bucks to get after this Denver team playing their 6th game in 10 nights. Folks, I know it's early in the season but 6 games in 10 nights is 6 games in 10 nights anyway you slice it.

I will gladly take the generous amount of points and call for the Bucks to take advantage of a sluggish Denver team that has failed to cover their last 3 ATS.

Love what Brandon Jennings is doing and the impact he has made, and I'm sure Billups can't wait to be running around chasing him all night.

Grab the Bucks and the points.

FREE SELECTION - DALLAS MAVERICKS

Posted : November 11, 2009 1:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

7* Blue Chip

I'm playing on Chicago and Toronto to finish OVER the total. At first glance, this o/u line seems quite high. However, when considering that the last meeting between them had an o/u line of 214.5, this one doesn't seem all that high anymore. That's particularly true given the style of basketball that the Raptors are playing so far this season. Indeed, Toronto is starting to look a little like an East Coast version of the Suns or Warriors. Last time out, the Raptors combined with the Spurs for 255 points - all of them scored in regulation. The Spurs won 131-124. In their previous game, the Raptors gave up 129 at Dallas. The Mavs had a season-high in points and their 62.4% shooting percentage was the highest percentage by a Toronto opponent in more than six seasons. While both those games were on the road, the Raptors most recent home game resulted in a 110-99 win over the Pistons and their previous home game was a 125-116 loss vs. Orlando. Overall, Toronto games are averaging greater than 220 points for the season. Not surprisingly, five of their last six have finished above the total. Admittedly, Chicago games have been much lower-scoring than Toronto games. However, I don't think they'll mind playing an up tempo opponent like the Raptors and they'll know that they're likely going to need to score triple-digits to have a chance to win. (The Raptors have scored in triple-digits in every game this season.) Looking at the series history between these teams and we find the OVER at 10-5 the last 15 times that the Bulls played here. The most recent meeting here finished with a score of 134-129. Granted, the game went to overtime. Still, 238 of those points were scored in regulation. The Bulls were playing the second of back to back games for that 134-129 game and they will be again tonight. Note that the only previous time they played the second of b2b games this season that they allowed 118 points, a game which finished above the total by more than 20 points. Looking back further and we find the OVER at 12-5-1 the last 18 times that the Bulls played the second of back to back games. Last night's loss was of the "heart-breaking variety" too - which might make it a little easier to play a little more loosely on the defensive end of the floor. Overall, I expect an offensive affair with the final combined score again finding its way above the number. *7 Blue Chip

Posted : November 11, 2009 1:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Denver Money

2* New Jersey Devils -130

2* Anaheim / New Jersey UNDER 5.5 -135

1* Edmonton / Buffalo UNDER 5.5 EVEN

1* Washington / New York Islanders OVER 6 EVEN

Posted : November 11, 2009 2:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

PRIMETIME SPORTS ADVISORS

1* Central Michigan -17

1* Portland/Minny under 192

1* Detroit (college)

Posted : November 11, 2009 2:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Billy Coleman

3* Nuggets

Posted : November 11, 2009 2:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS LOCK CLUB AND TOTALS

2 UNITS CMU -17

3 UNITS OVER 61

Posted : November 11, 2009 2:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BOB BALFE

Toledo/CMU Under 63

Both teams sport great senior quarterbacks. Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour is one of the best QB's in the nation and will be a good NFL QB. Aaron Opelt is also a good QB for Toledo, but he has not played in the last two games dating back to last month. CMU scores about 50pts per game at home, however they have not played at home for over a month and may come out a little rusty on their home turf. Toledo has not played for ten days combined that with QB injuries and I also expect this team to come out a little flat. Toledo's defense stinks and they know they will need to control the clock if they have a shot to win this game. Look for more running today for the Rockets. These teams will produce offense, but a lot of things have to go right to score 63+ points. Let's hope for a slow start sending this game UNDER the total.

NBA Basketball
Magic -1.5 over Cavs

Posted : November 11, 2009 2:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WAYNE ROOT

3* Central Mich (-17) over Toledo

Posted : November 11, 2009 2:35 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter