Topic starter

Ben Burns

Best Bet - Minnesota/Anaheim Under

Posted : October 14, 2009 12:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

15 Dime - BOISE STATE and OVER (2-Team, 6 1/2-point teaser. We're going to tease the side and total down in our favor using a 6 1/2 point teaser selection.)

For the first time in a while, I feel like Vegas is right on the money with it's line and total, meaning it's time to play a teaser to get the value we need. I kick myself because I actually thought about teasing Arkansas State (my 15-dimer) and the UNDER (my free play) last night, but eventually went with Arkansas State on the money line... and had they not committed 14 turnovers and 82 penalties, I might have gotten it right. Nevertheless, I believe the two-team teaser is the right play here because we can get Boise at around -2.5 or -3 and the total will come in somewhere around 46 or 46.5 (at least that's what I got it at).

First off, you have to believe Boise is going to win this game. They've come too far this season and are now in prime position to make a run at a major BCS bowl game if they keep this unblemished record, so even though I do expect Tulsa to give them a run for their money early, I believe in the end Boise just has better talent on both sides of the ball, especially when you compare Boise's offense to Tulsa's defense. The only major test Tulsa has had came a few weeks ago at Oklahoma, and the Sooners scored a 45-0 shutout win. Folks, the score could have been worse but Bob Stoops took out many of his starters in the fourth quarter. Let's also keep in mind it was Landry Jones and NOT Sam Bradford running the offense. Although Jones was recruited more heavily than Boise QB Kellen Moore, Moore is further along in his career with a better offensive line in front of him. How in the world can we expect the Golden Hurricane to stop this offense tonight? To put it mildly, they can't.

But the biggest reason for going with the teaser tonight instead of just the points on the side is the fact that I don't completely trust the Broncos defense... and we all know how well Tulsa can score. Let's say Boise gets up by 14 points late in the fourth quarter and kicks the ball back to Tulsa. GJ Kinne and this Hurricane offense is good enough to march right down the field to get the backdoor cover... and with the way my luck has been going the last three days, that's bound to happen. We get a favorable line and total tonight as I'm expecting a score in the neighborhood of a 31-24 or 34-24 type finish. Too close to the spread and total for me, so that's why I'm teasing it up tonight and both should cash in for us.

Posted : October 14, 2009 12:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

20* Tulsa +9.5

Posted : October 14, 2009 12:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

15 Dime: Tulsa

Posted : October 14, 2009 12:35 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS

3 Units Tulsa +9

Posted : October 14, 2009 12:36 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

50♦ BOISE STATE - These weekday decisions sure do become irritating, but we gotta do it, and we have to keep playing and never break the chain. That's how we become successful. Tonight the better choice is undoubtedly with the Broncos.

This might be the most important game to Boise State, and I expect it to show up with destruction on the brain.

The Broncos, who are 5-0 SU and 4-0 ATS, have dominated most of their opponents. They opened the season with an impressive 19-8 win over Oregon on national television and then shut out Miami-Ohio, 48-0. Then they followed up with road wins over Fresno State (51-34) and Bowling Green (49-14).

But two Saturdays ago, the Broncos hosted Cal Davis. And the final - 34-16 - just doesn't seem right. It's almost as if, Boise was, dare I say it - lazy?!?!?! This is a team that is not only vying for a BCS Bowl Berth, but thinks it should be in the National Championship by finishing in the Top 2.

Well, if the Broncos are to pull off such a feat, they're going to need a blowout win over their last non-conference foe of the season. That would be tonight. That would be against Tulsa.

Boise State's remaining seven opponents come in looking like this: one winning team, one team with a .500 record and five teams with a losing record. Collectively, how's a 16-21 record work for you?

You can see why this game is important.

The fifth-best scoring offense in the nation is going to be on display tonight, and this won't be the first time you've heard this, nor the last, but the Broncos are also a defensive stalwart this season, ranking 14th overall and 13th against the scoreboard.

This is going to be a well-balanced effort from the Broncos, who should win this by a minimum of two touchdowns.

Posted : October 14, 2009 2:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mean Green Profit Machine

1% Predators

Posted : October 14, 2009 2:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KBHoops

4* Tulsa +10 -120 **POD**

Posted : October 14, 2009 2:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vernon Croy

Wednesday Night NCAA Football Smash (100% Angle)

3* Take Tulsa ATS

We are getting very good line value here Wednesday night with Tulsa who has averaged 32.8 ppg this season while holding their opponents to just 16.2 ppg. Tulsa has a solid running game that has averaged 168 rypg this season and they also have a potent pass attack that has averaged 249 pypg this season. The Golden Hurricanes are a perfect 6-0 ATS in their last 6 home games against a team that has a winning record on the road and they are also 9-1 ATS in their last 10 home games. Grab the points with Tulsa as they keep this game very close Wednesday night and make sure you get on my top NFL picks as my 70% NFL run continues.

Posted : October 14, 2009 2:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Boise State vs. Tulsa
Play: Tulsa +9
For a number of different reasons I feel the value in this game is on the home side: The challenge tonight for Tulsa will be to stop Broncos QB Kellen Moore; however, I feel that Tulsa’s defense, which is ranked No. 1 in Conference USA and has allowed an average of 204 yards per game passing and eight TD's through the air in six games, will be up to the task. The Golden Hurricane have not allowed a rushing TD all season, and in two games, the opposing offense has been held out of the end zone. The offensive line is continuing to improve, which has led to an improved rushing attack. G.J Kinne has passed for 1,142 yards and 10 TD's this year; Jamad Williams, Kinne, and Charles Opeseyitan have combined for 495 yards and 4 TD's on the season. Keep in mind; dating back to last year, not only is Tulas 5-1 SU its last six overall, its also an awesome 13-1 SU its last 14 in front of the hometown crowd.
On the other side of the field: Boise State is perfect thus far, but is off a lackluster effort its last time out vs. UC Davis; one area the Broncos have struggled in this season is in the red zone; out of 27 trips inside the red zone, they have only converted 16 drives into TD's. And their rushing attack has been off and on all year. Boise States defense has been good in first quarters, but then falters down the stretch allowing teams to get back into games and I'm expecting this pattern to continue this evening.
Bottom line: In its four victories this season, teams have averaged only nine points against Tulsa’s 3-3-5 defense, a scheme that has given Boise State headaches in recent years. I said that the key to this game for Tulsa will be to slow down Kellen Moore and the offense; the Hurricanes have shown they are capable of accomplishing this and have recorded 16 sacks to date. They also have 43 tackles for a loss. I believe this line is too high and feel we're getting great value on the large home dog; look for the Broncos to fall to 1-1 ATS as a road favorite of 7 1/2 to 10 points this season as TULSA moves to 2-1 ATS in non-conference games! 10* Tulsa.

Posted : October 14, 2009 3:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio
15* Non-Conference Game of the Week
Boise State vs. Tulsa
Play: Boise State -9
It’s not the fact that Tulsa lost to Oklahoma without QB Sam Bradford, it’s how badly they lost (45-0). The Golden Hurricane has an offense very similar to that of Oregon, who put up all of eight points against the Broncos defense. BSU has held three teams to 31 yards rushing or less this season, which will force Tulsa QB Bower to put the ball in the air against an opportunistic defense that forced multiple turnovers in its first four games. Boise State has been a covering machine the past two seasons, recording ATS wins in 12 of its last 14 games. They are 6-0 ATS in the road favorite role and have covered seven straight games off the home blue turf. The Broncos are 15-2 SU all-time vs. C-USA teams, scoring an average of 40 PPG. Simply put, they are the far superior team. Don’t think for a second that the Broncos won’t be taking this game seriously. A win here and its clear sailing to an unbeaten season and BCS bowl berth (possible BCS Title game?). Boise State is our 15* Non-Conference Game of the Week.

Posted : October 14, 2009 3:31 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: