1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

San Francisco Giants vs. Texas Rangers
Play: San Francisco Giants

I’ll take em as a dog here. Texas has lost all heat at the plate, they simply cannot hit when it is needed. I do not think it gets any easier tonight, or in this series if it extends. The Giants have basically played flawless ball, and while Lee is a major stud, hir performance last game was not good due to the layoff and it takes more than 4 days to recover from an outing like that. While Lee is a stud, he needs run support, I just do not see it guys.

The Giants are 12-4 their last 16 as an underdog and OWN this series winning 14 out of the last 16 meetings! The Giants are also 8-2 their last 10 times as a road dog, they have solid pitching from The Freak tonight and their bullpen has done well. Rangers bullpen over a 6 ERA in their last 3 games? Enough said!

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Frank Jordan

San Antonio Spurs vs. Los Angeles Clippers
Play: San Antonio Spurs -7.5

San Antonio is looking for one more run in Duncan, Parker and Ginobili as they are all getting older rather quick and would love one more ring. The LA Clippers have a healthy Blake Griffin and will look to do some damage out West, but the are still the Clippers so no one expects much. San Antonio is off to a 1-1 start by winning at home over Indiana by 13 but lost to New Orleans at home by 9. The Clippers are off to their normal start as they are 0-3 losing by an average of nearly 15 points. Look for nothing to change tonight as the Spurs get to 2-1 with a double digit win over the Clippers.

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Charlie Scott

Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts
Play: Houston Texans +5.5

In Full disclosure I'm coming off one of my worst betting/bad beat weekends of my life. However, the only way to get out of a Batting slump is to take a swing. I had already planned to play the Texans on Thursday and to pass on the game now would be terrible betting stategy, A Play is A Play ! The Texans dominated the Colts in Houston in week #1 winning 34-24. Now the Texans are getting +5.5 ! The Texans have a +80yd rush adv per gm on the Colts and I expect RB Foster to be able to run the ball or if the Colts defense stuff the line of scrimmage, Texan QB Schaub will Pass All Night.

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Alexander

1 Unit on Portland Trail Blazers +1.5

With a lot of new personnel and a new head coach, the Bulls still need some time to jell. The Blazers are more polished early on, and I expect them to rattle off a 4th straight win to start the season. These teams have played 4 times the past 2 seasons and Portland is 3-1 SU & ATS in those games. The Blazers have been a very solid investment on the road, largely because of how consistent they are on the defensive end. In fact, the Trail Blazers are 17-8-2 ATS in their last 27 road games, including 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a road underdog of 4.5 or fewer points. Bet the Blazers.

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Black Widow

1* on San Antonio Spurs -7.5

There doesn't need to be much explaining for this selection tonight. The San Antonio Spurs have the Los Angeles Clippers' number, and we don't expect that to change this season from what we've seen from the Clippers thus far. Los Angeles is 0-3 this season, losing by double-digits in every game they've played. That includes 2 home losses to the Blazers by 10 and to the Mavs by 16, and also a setback at Golden State by 18. The Spurs are 16-0 SU in their last 16 meetings with the Clippers, including 12-4 ATS in that span. San Antonio is an unbeaten 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games against Los Angeles, with 7 straight wins by 16 points or more. The Clippers are down in the dumps again this year while San Antonio is a contender in the West now that they are healthy. We expect yet another double-digit blowout by the Spurs tonight. Take San Antonio and lay the points.

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

San Antonio Spurs -7.5

If there's one team the Spurs would like to face as they look to bounce back from a loss, it would definitely be the Los Angeles Clippers. Through 3 games, this is easily the worst team in the NBA. The Clippers are 0-3 this season, getting outscored by 14.7 PPG while losing each one of their games by double-digits. It's not going to get any easier against a San Antonio Spurs team that is healthy early in the season, and one that has owned the Clippers.

The Spurs are 16-0 SU & 12-4 ATS in their last 16 meetings with Los Angeles, including 8 straight covers against the spread versus the Clippers. San Antonio has won each of their last 7 meetings with the Clippers by 16 points or more. L.A. just doesn't have the talent to compete in the Western Conference, and it's already clear that they are going to have to struggle through another losing season because they could not bring in any big free agents in the offseason. Roll with the Spurs Monday.

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Info Plays

3* on Sacramento Kings -4

Reasons the Kings cover:

1.) The favorite is 8-0 ATS in the last 8 meetings in this series. Sacramento is favored for a reason in this game, because they have been impressive en route to a 2-1 record with all of their games on the road.

2.) The home team is 13-3 ATS in the last 16 meetings. Sacramento will have a packed house tonight as the Kings take their home floor for the first time this season. They'll be taking on an overmatched Toronto Raptors team that is in rebuilding mode. Bet the Kings at home.

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

1 Unit on Chicago Bulls -1

This is a tough spot for the Blazers playing their 3rd straight road game. The Bulls are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a favorite of 4.5 or fewer points. Plus, the home team is 7-3 ATS in the last 10 meetings in this series and the favorite is 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings. Bet the Bulls at home.

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

Houston at INDIANAPOLIS

For Monday night, it is another free play on your football total, as the G-Man is going over the total in the Houston-Indianapolis contest.

I am aware of the fact the Colts have some injured players on the offensive side of the ball, but Peyton Manning will make the adjustments needed, and the Colts will not be denied their points against a Houston defense that has a suspect secondary.

These teams did go over the total back on Week One of the campaign, and 10 of the last 11 series meetings have also sailed over the posted price.

10 of 11, that is a 90% over clip the last 11 times the Texans and Colts have battled. Very hard for the G-Man to see tonight's game staying low based on those series numbers.

Last week's Monday night game between the Giants and Cowboys slipped over the total to make it a 3-1 over run the last 4 Monday night games.

Stick with the emerging over trend under the Monday night lights and play the over in Texans-Colts game.

4♦ OVER

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Maxwell

Portland at CHICAGO (-1')

For my comp selection, the Blazers have opened the season with three straight wins but they aren’t going to make it four in a row as Chicago will get the job done at home tonight and beat Portland by 10.

The Bulls opened their season in Oklahoma City against a very good Thunder team and lost, then opened their home schedule against the Pistons on Saturday night and scored a 101-91 victory and cashed as nine-point favorites. They trailed 63-44 at halftime and just dominated the second half, including a 34-9 fourth quarter to get the win and cover.

Chicago got 39 points from Derrick Rose and 15 points and 17 rebounds from Joakim Noah. These two youngsters are about to have breakout seasons and along with Taj Gibson, Luol Deng and Keith Bogans, they should be a very talented team.

These teams usually play a shootout with the road team winning high-scoring games last season. The favorite has cashed in four straight matchups between these two and the home team is 7-3 ATS in the last 10 clashes.

Chicago comes in on ATS surges of 25-11 after a spread-cover, 7-3 overall dating to last season, 4-0 as a favorite and 4-0 after one day of rest. Portland is just 1-4 ATS after a day off and 2-6-1 after a straight-up win.

Lay the small points and go with the young Bulls to win this one at home.

4♦ CHICAGO

Chuck O'Brien

Portland (+1') at CHICAGO

Very, very impressed with Portland’s start to the season so far. It began with wins on consecutive nights over the Suns (106-92 at home) and Clippers (98-88 on the road), then the team traveled to Madison Square Garden on Saturday and rallied past the improving Knicks, 100-95.

The common thread in the three victories: Portland is playing tenacious defense (91.7 points per game allowed), while the offense has been efficient (101.3 ppg on 45.1 percent shooting overall and 45.3 percent shooting from three-point range).

The Bulls sit at 1-1 SU and ATS after Wednesday’s season-opening loss at Oklahoma City (106-95) followed by Saturday’s rout of Detroit in the home opener (101-91). Chicago is obviously gifted with the likes of point guard Derrick Rose and center/rebounding beast Joakim Noah. But the Bulls’ cannot match Portland’s depth. More importantly, with Brandon Roy running the point, the Blazers are one of the few teams that have someone who is Rose’s equal.

The Blazers had won five in a row (4-1 ATS) against the Bulls (including last year’s 122-98 home rout) before losing 115-111 in overtime in the Windy City last February. Still, Portland is 17-8-2 ATS in its last 27 road games, 9-3-1 ATS in its last 13 against the Eastern Conference and 4-1 ATS in its last five as an underdog of less than five points (all on the road).

3♦ PORTLAND

Derek Mancini

Portland (+1') at CHICAGO

Good spot for the visiting Blazers, who come into this game 3-0 SU and 2-0-1 ATS. They've done it the same way they did last season, by rebounding the basketball, winning the battle of the boards in 2 of their 3 contests this season thus far. Despite not having Oden or Przybilla in uniform, Portland still boasts a long and athletic frontline, led by LaMarcus Aldrigde.

Herein lies the problem for Chicago, and specifically Joakim Noah, who has had issues against this Portland frontline. For as good as Noah can be, he's limited offensively, and doesn't match up well against the more athletic Blazer forwards (averaged 10 ppg against the Blazers last season). Without Boozer in there to take pressure off of him, Noah will continue to be overmatched in this series.

The Bulls also find themselves a bit thin in the backcourt, as Rose is a stud, but pairing him with Keith Bogans leaves a lot to be desired. Give me Andre Miller and Roy any day, as pairing the dynamic scorer with the veteran point guard is a formula that has really paid dividends.

Public has a lot of love for the Bulls, but until we see the complete package (with Boozer), this Chicago team has some major areas of vulnerability, especially against a Portland team that has come out of the gates playing well.

2♦ PORTLAND

Scott Delaney

Toronto (+4') at SACRAMENTO

Normally, I'd be suspect of an East Coast team making the long trek to the West Coast, as there are so many intangibles to factor in.

But the Kings are opening their home schedule tonight after opening the season with road games at Minnesota, New Jersey and Cleveland. Now they return home to play their fourth game over six days - and their first at home.

Toronto, meanwhile, has been off for a couple days, and have only played two games thus far.

The Raptors are getting points, but could be the team with the fresh legs and ready to make a little statement for their four-game road trip, that also includes stops in Salt Lake, L.A., and Portland.

I know the Raptors are 2-12 all-time at Arco Arena, but they closed last season on a 7-1 ATS road run, and come in on spread streaks of 4-1 as the road pup, 5-2 after a spread win and 8-3 in this series.

5♦ TORONTO

Joel Tyson

Toronto at SACRAMENTO (-3')

Home opener for a Sacramento team that did win 2 of 3 on their opening road swing.

Things looking good for the Kings tonight, as the favorite in this Raptors-Kings series is 8-0 the last 8 times the teams have clashed. The home team in the series is also 13-3 the last 16 times these teams have met.

Toronto is playing on the road for the first time this season, and I do not think the road will treat them kind tonight.

Take the home favorite to continue the series domination.

4♦ SACRAMENTO

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

San Francisco (+160) at TEXAS

It's been a great baseball season. I'm on a 79-52-2 hot streak with my free baseball selections. I anticipate this will be my final baseball pick of the season because I'm taking the Giants to end the Series as my free Monday pick.

It's not often - if ever - you'll find Tim Lincecum in this price range.

Cliff Lee is one of the greatest postseason pitchers of all time. But the Giants weren't intimidated at all by Lee when Lincecum outlasted him in Game 1, 11-7.

San Francisco got to Lee for seven runs (six of which were earned) on eight hits in less than five innings. Knowing they can do that kind of damage against Lee is a huge confidence-boost for the Giants.

Lincecum isn't exactly chopped liver. He's the two-time reigning Cy Young Award winner. He's been outstanding in postseason action with a lifetime mark of 3-1, a 2.79 ERA and a 33-to-7 strikeout-to-walk ratio.

The Giants have clearly out-played the Rangers in building a 3-1 Series lead. The Giants have outscored the Rangers, 26-1, and outhit them, 35-26.

The Giants are 11-4 the past 15 times they've been underdogs.

I'll ride the better team and grab this huge price with a great pitcher.

3♦ SAN FRANCISCO

Michael Cannon

San Francisco at TEXAS

Take the under in Game 5 of the World Series tonight.

I know the Giants got their licks in on Cliff Lee in Game 1, but that’s not going to happen again tonight with the Rangers on the brink.

The left-hander had been 7-0 with a 1.26 ERA in eight career postseason games before being hammered for seven runs in 4 2-3 innings in that 11-7 loss.

Something tells me he rebounds in a big way tonight.

The fact that Tim Lincecum will start opposite Lee tonight makes the under all that more appealing.

The under is 7-1-1 in San Francisco’s last nine Monday games and the under is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings between these two.

Take the under.

3♦ UNDER

Chris Jordan

San Francisco (+160) at TEXAS

I really tried to give Cliff Lee his respect, but the fact is, no matter what anyone on this Rangers staff tries to do, the Giants are going to hit the ball.

And I'm convinced they proved Lee to be vincible, and that he won't be able to correct his mistakes tonight. Honestly, if the Rangers' lone victory would have come in Game 4, and not in Game 3, I'd think twice about this play.

But the Giants stole back the momentum by winning last night. If they were up 3-0, and the Rangers would have won the way they did in Game 3, then I'd be led to believe momentum is on their side and Lee can toe the slab with confidence.

Instead, the Giants will come into this game with confidence they can not only carry over momentum from last night, but from Game 1, when they destroyed Lee's dominating postseason presence.

I'll play the underdog here, as the Giants bring to close the MLB season.

2♦ S.F. GIANTS

Posted : November 1, 2010 3:14 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: