1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer

Texas Rangers at Los Angeles Angels
Play: Los Angeles

I'm laying the price with the Angels on Monday night. The Rangers wrapped up the AL West over a month ago, for all intents and purposes. Tonight, they'll send Derek Holland to the Angel Stadium bump. Holland has struggled on the road this season, sporting a hefty 6.62 ERA and 1.70 WHIP in five appearances, including four starts. The Angels may have been on the outside of the playoff race for a couple of months, but they're playing decent baseball right now. The Halos have won seven of their last 10 games, and they're on a 4-0 run at home. And I'm sure Mike Scioscia's club would like nothing better than to set the tone for next season when the Angels are healthy and the Rangers are less dangerous. After all, it's going to be tough for Texas to keep a couple of this season's big producers in Arlington in 2011. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have Jered Weaver on the mound tonight. The righthander is having another strong season. He's been red-hot of late and is virtually untouchable at home. Combined with his strong career numbers against Texas, I believe the home team is in a solid play-on spot. Look for the Angels to make it five straight home wins on Monday night.

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:12 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

VEGAS EXPERTSFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Atlanta Braves at Philadelphia Phillies
These teams enter Monday separated by three games in the National League East standings and will play head to head six times over the next two weeks, so Atlanta will certainly have its opportunities to narrow the gap. Unfortunately for the Braves, this series is at Citizens Bank Park and they remain one of the NL's weakest road teams at 34-41 outside of Turner Field. This includes a 10-17 vs. southpaws and tonight they must deal with Cole Hamels, who has posted an incredible 0.44 ERA L3 starts. Should be an easy win for Philly tonight.FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Play on: Philadelphia

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:13 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rob VincilettiFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Texas Rangers vs. LA Angels
Play: LA Angels
The Angles fit a solid MLB power system tonight that plays on certain home favorites off a road dog win at +140 or higher, if they won by 2 or more runs and scored 5 or more runs, vs an opponent that scored 2 or less runs on 5+ hits. These home teams are 11-1 the past few years and win by an average 5-2 score. The Angels came away with a big dog win in Tampa on Sunday and have played well of late despite having no hope of a playoff appearance. Texas lost on Sunday in a close game in Seattle and may be ready to level off after a real nice win streak earlier in the month. The Angels have taken 4 of the 6 games played here this season and have their ace on the mound. J. Weaver makes the start tonight and he has been superb at home this season. He has a 1.56 era in all home starts this season and has been solid in his last 3 outings with a 1.64 era. He has Dominated the Texas lineup allowing no earned runs in 14 innings pitched here at home. Both of which were wins. Texas counters with D. Holland tonight. Holland has a dismal 6.48 era in his limited road starts this year and not surprisingly Texas has lost 3 of the 4 he has pitched away from home. LA has a solid chance of winning this one tonight.

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:14 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

LT ProfitsFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Indians / Twins Under 8½
The Minnesota Twins suffered a disappointing 6-2 home loss to Oakland yesterday, barely snapping a streak of five straight ‘unders’ vs. the A’s. They now begin a series with the punchless Cleveland Indians, and we are looking for the Twins to return to their ‘under’ ways.
The bookmakers have installed a total of 8½ for this contest, with the betting odds favoring the ‘under’ at -115.
Minnesotasouthpaw Brian Duensing has been great since entering the starting rotation, and he is now 9-2 with a 2.07 ERA and 1.11 WHIP for the whole season. Duensing has made 10 starts, and he has allowed three earned runs or less in nine of them with eight official Quality Starts, and he allowed only four runs and six hits in his only non-quality effort.
Now the Indians have improved offensively as of late, but they are still struggling vs. left-handed pitchers. The Tribe are batting just .215 vs. lefties over the last 10 games, lowering their average for the season vs. southpaws to .235 on the road. It is also worth noting that the ‘under’ is 7-3 in the last 10 Cleveland games overall.
The Indians counter with Jeanmar Gomez, who has quietly allowed two runs or less in six of his eight starts since returning to the Major Leagues on August 1. One of those starts came vs. these Twins in Cleveland, where he held Minnesota to one run on only four hits in 5.1 innings. He is facing a Minnesota lineup that is surprisingly hitting a putrid .207 vs. right-handed pitching in the last 10 games.
Finally, both of these bullpens have been fantastic as of late, with the Minnesota pen posting a 1.23 ERA in the last 10 contests and the Cleveland pen posting a 1.46 ERA over thus same span.FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
That should limit late tack-on runs here and help secure a safe ‘under’.

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:15 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JIM FEISTFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
ATLANTA BRAVES / PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
PLAY: PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
The Phillies are red-hot right now, winners of seven straight games and 19 of the last 23 including Sunday's win over Washington, 7-6. Normally this is a bit high of a line for me to lay, but I will make an exception here on Monday. Cole Hamels looks for his fifth consecutive win tonight, a career high. Hamels is 11-10 overall on the season with a 3.01 ERA. The Braves turn to Jair Jurrjens tonight. Jurrjens is 7-6 this season with a 4.64 ERA. Jurrjens got hit hard last his last two starts, allowing 11 runs and four home runs in 8 2/3 innings. I like playing hot teams and Philly is the hottest team in baseball. I'm laying the price here on Monday.

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Joel TysonFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
New Orleans (-5') at SAN FRANCISCO
There is NOBODY hotter then me right now, NOBODY!
10 of the last 11 days have landed on the plus side, +208 dimes of net profit in that span alone.
Tonight I am going after, and getting my 20 Dime Living Lock - Winner # 4 in a Row on the Saints-Niners.
As for the total, I do like this one to stay under the posted price.
New Orleans landed on the low side in Week 1 against Minnesota, and have now played under the total in 6 of their last 8 games.
As for San Francisco, they pushed the total last week at Seattle, to make it a 15-6-1 under run their last 22 games under Mike Singletary.
Both teams should score more points then they scored in Week 1, but when you add them all up I have a feeling this game is still holding under the total.
Go ahead and play New Orleans and San Francisco to hold under.
1♦ UNDERFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:20 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl GarrettFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM

Atlanta (+155) at PHILADELPHIA
G-Man has put you on the plus side 7 of the last 11 days, good for +92 dimes of profit.

For Monday I have a 20 Dime Must Play on New Orleans-San Francisco going out. I am on a 99-85-2 run with 20 Dime releases, and I will cash in another tonight for you.
Very easy to back the Phillies in their series opener against the Braves, but I like the value Jair Jurrjens and the Atlanta Braves bring to the table this Monday night.

Jurrjens has had a couple of rough outings of late, but the talent is there to match pitches with the red-hot Cole Hamels who has won his last 4 starts with just 1 earned run allowed in 28-plus innings of work.
Philly has won 7 in a row, and 11 of their last 12, but keep in mind they have lost the last pair of meetings against the Braves, and also have dropped 5 of the last 6 series meetings.

Atlanta still has hopes of winning the division title in the East, and if that is going to happen, it had better start tonight at the Bank.
I will go with the Braves in the dog role this evening.

2♦ ATLANTA

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:27 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby MaxwellFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Tampa Bay at N.Y. YANKEES (-120)
As for my freebie tonight, these teams are tied in the loss column and come into this one off losses Sunday with the Yankees falling to Baltimore while the Rays lost at home to the Angels. I’m banking on the Yankees rebounding for the win tonight as they will light up Tampa starter Matt Garza (14-8, 3.88 ERA) for the second time in the last week.

The Yankees faced Garza on Tuesday and got to him for six runs on nine hits in 4.2 innings of an 8-7 victory in Florida. Garza has been terrible lately after a nice winning streak. In his last two starts, he’s allowed 12 runs on 18 hits in nine innings in losses to the Red Sox and Yankees.
The Rays have dropped eight straight games when Garza has faced the Yankees and he’s given up 10 runs in his two starts against them this season.
Ivan Nova (1-0, 4.30 ERA) makes his sixth start of the season and second straight against Garza as he was on the hill last Tuesday in Tampa and gave up six runs in 4.2 innings, the exact same stat line as Garza. It was the ugliest start of the season for Nova who hadn’t allowed more than three runs in his first four. The Yankees have won four of his five starts in pinstripes.

The Yankees are on surges of 90-35 at home the last few seasons, 58-20 at home against right-handers and 42-18 when they return home after a road trip of 7 or more days. Tampa is just 2-9 when Garza faces a winning team on the road, 2-5 when he faces A.L. East rivals and they are just 1-4 against right-handers.
Over the last 10 years or so, the Yankees have gone 61-27 at home against Tampa. They just own them in New York and I’m banking on them doing it again today.

4♦ N.Y. YANKEES

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:28 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott DelaneyFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Kansas City at DETROIT (-120)
The Tigers come in on a nice little win streak, and I'll list both pitchers and bank on them to make it four in a row against American League Central-rival Kansas City.
Detroit is in after sweeping a three-game set in Chicago over the weekend, culminating with a 9-7 win in 11 innings Sunday - their 10th victory in 16 games overall.
And while Zack Greinke may be decent against the Tigers in his past, he hasn't enjoyed much success against them this season in two starts, both losses by the Royals. He doesn't have a decision in either start, but has a 3.65 ERA.
I'd much rather take Rick Porcello, who will be looking to win his fifth straight start. He's posted a stellar 2.48 in his last four starts and has been durable for Detroit by lasting at least seven innings each time.
The right-hander is 3-1 with a 4.03 ERA in six career starts against the Royals.
3♦ DETROIT

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:29 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris JordanFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Kansas City at DETROIT (-120)
Now on a 21-12 run with MLB free plays, and today I am rolling with the Detroit Tigers over Kansas City.
Now, let's talk about the Tigers, a team that has won three straight and comes in after an emotional, 11-inning win over American League Central-rival Chicago in the late game.
Am I worried about the fact this team is playing back-to-back after playing the late game? Absolutley not. The Tigers are at home, they're professional baseball players and they're going to be fine. So contrary to idiotic belief, the Tigers are fine after a late game last night and coming in here for a series-opener with Kansas City.
I know Royals starter Zack Greinke is stellar when it comes to pitching against the Tigers, but he doesn’t have a decision in two starts against them this season - both resulting in team losses - while he's posted a 3.65 ERA in those games.
Detroit has won 10 of 16 overall and hands the ball to Rick Porcello, who has won his last four starts while posting a 2.48 ERA and lasting at least seven frames each time out. The right-hander is 3-1 in six career starts against the Royals.
Take the Tigers tonight.
2♦ DETROIT

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

Chicago at OAKLAND (-140)

I am on a 70-49-2 hot streak with my free baseball selections. I've won my past five free baseball offerings. The Monday card is short, but the Oakland Athletics are worth backing at home against the White Sox.

I'll get to your analysis in just a moment. I will bounce back tonight with a 2-0 sweep, led by a 20-Dime winner on your Monday night matchup between the Saints and 49ers. I have a 10 Dime bonus on a MLB underdog as well.

Don't forget, there's been no one better in the NFL than yours truly, as I've won 16 of the last 17 seasons with overall profit. Easy winner tonight!!!

The pitching matchup is Gio Gonzalez versus Gavin Floyd. Gonzalez is 8-3 at home this year with a 2.70 ERA. He was hit hard in his last start, but previous to that he had allowed only eight earned runs in seven previous outings.

Floyd is 4-8 on the road with a 4.19 ERA. Floyd has been bad during his last two starts giving up 11 earned runs in 11 1/3 innings while surrendering 22 hits and three walks.

The White Sox are in bad way having been turned back by the Twins in their quest to make a move in the AL Central. The demoralized White Sox have lost six in a row. They are traveling to the West Coast having lost in extra innings to the Tigers in the Sunday night ESPN game.

The White Sox are unlikely to have second baseman Gordon Beckham (hand) and closer Bobby Jenks (forearm).

2♦ OAKLAND

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl GarrettFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Atlanta (+155) at PHILADELPHIA
For Monday I have a 20 Dime Must Play on New Orleans-San Francisco going out. I am on a 99-85-2 run with 20 Dime releases, and I will cash in another tonight for you.
Very easy to back the Phillies in their series opener against the Braves, but I like the value Jair Jurrjens and the Atlanta Braves bring to the table this Monday night.
Jurrjens has had a couple of rough outings of late, but the talent is there to match pitches with the red-hot Cole Hamels who has won his last 4 starts with just 1 earned run allowed in 28-plus innings of work.
Philly has won 7 in a row, and 11 of their last 12, but keep in mind they have lost the last pair of meetings against the Braves, and also have dropped 5 of the last 6 series meetings.
Atlanta still has hopes of winning the division title in the East, and if that is going to happen, it had better start tonight at the Bank.
I will go with the Braves in the dog role this evening.
2♦ ATLANTA

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jay McNeilFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Atlanta at Philadelphia
Take the Phillies on the Run Line in this series opener, as they've been the hottest team in baseball the past month, and will win easily over the Braves, who spent the weekend in New York, and are now having to play in Philadelphia.
The Braves have won three straight, yes, but they don't have the bats to match the offensive surge Philadelphia has displayed of late.
The Phillies have won seven in a row now, and look more like the team that has won the National League the past two seasons, and are slowly emerging as the team to beat on the senior circuit.
Lay the run line with the Phils.
3♦ PHILADELPHIA -1.5

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brett AtkinsFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Tonight, I'm going back to the diamond for a comp winner on the Yankees as they will take care of the Rays at home.
I just pulled in another 25 Dimes on Sunday with a 2-0-1 day and have now won 50 Dimes in the first two NFL Sundays. Tonight, I have a 15 Dime NFL winner for you.
On to my free winner - the Yankees crushed Tampa’s Matt Garza six days ago and they’ll do it again at home tonight.
New York scored six runs on nine hits in 4.2 innings of an 8-7 win in Florida on Tuesday. They have gotten wins over the Rays in eight straight games with Garza taking the mound.
And go back several years and you’ll see the Yankees are 61-27 at home over the Rays and 42-18 when they return home after a road trip of seven or more days. Tampa comes in on slides of 2-9 when Garza faces a winning team on the road and 2-5 when he faces his A.L. East rivals.
Ivan Nova is going for the Yankees, who are 4-1 in his five starts this season. He went up against Garza last week and he also allowed six runs in 4.2 innings and wasn’t around for the decision.
New York has beaten Garza eight straight times and they’re going to do it again here tonight. Play the Yankees in this one.
3♦ N.Y. YANKEES

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tom FreeseFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers
Prediction: Detroit TigersFOR FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Detroit starter Rick Porcello has won his last 4 starts allowing just 8 runs in those 4 starts. The Tigers are 21-7 their last 28 home games vs. a team with a losing record. Detroit is 10-4 their last 14 home games and they are 51-23 their last 74 home games vs. a team with road win percentage of less than 40%. Kansas City starter Zack Greinke is 11-19 in his 30 starts this year. The Royals 25-54 in the last 79 road starts made by Greinke. The Royals are 0-7 their last Monday games. Kansas is 6-22 their last 28 road games and they are 1-4 with Greinke vs. the Tigers.

Posted : September 20, 2010 8:52 am
Page 1 / 3
Share: