Free Picks: Service Plays for Saturday, January 9,2010

66 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tom Freese

BYU is 15-7-1 ATS their last 23 road games are 6-2 ATS their last 8 road games vs. a team with a winning home record. The Cougars are 6-2 ATS their last 8 Saturday games and they are 5-2 ATS their last 7 Non-Conference games. Utep is in a 153-89 ATS Play Against that says to Go Against a home team in a Non-Conference game if they are off a win vs. a Conference rival. The Miners are 0-5 ATS off an ATS loss. PLAY ON BYU +

Posted : January 9, 2010 12:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Timothy Black

Michigan State vs. Iowa
Play: Michigan State -13½

The Hawkeyes are just 1-7 ATS in their last 8 home games and 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games overall. The Spartans are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Big Ten and 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games as a road favorite. Iowa has lost all 3 of its opening Big Ten games by double digits. Michigan State averages 20 points more per game the Iowa and I look for that to be the margin of the game. Michigan State 78, Iowa 58

Posted : January 9, 2010 1:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WUNDERDOG

New Jersey at Montreal
Pick: New Jersey -140

The Devils have been playing lights-out hockey all season, and have really kept that up on the road as well. They have now come out on the right side of 16 of their last 20, or 80%. As a slight favorite here, certainly can claim value, especially with five of the last seven roadies showing up on the right side. The Canadiens are not taking advantage of home ice, where they have been a breakeven team on the season, and recently worse as they are just 1-4 in their last five in Montreal, having scored just 3 times in their last three here. The Devils racking up the cash vs. losing teams, now at 41-12in their last 53 vs. such teams.New Jersey gets the win here.

Posted : January 9, 2010 1:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

Today's free play is on the Indiana Pacers PLUS the points over Oklahoma City. A few reasons I think the Pacers are the right play here today. First, I believe Oklahoma City is looking ahead and this game isn't exactly one of those "get pumped" type of games. San Antonio, Dallas and Miami... those three teams will be on OKC's schedule next week so it's hard for me to believe the Thunder are going to be fully ready for Indiana. The Pacers also got Danny Granger and Troy Murphy back last night... and although they weren't in tip-top shape they did shake out some rust and I expect a much better performance tonight. Indiana won both meetings last year when this franchise first moved from Seattle to Oklahoma City, including a 117-99 beatdown at the Ford Center. Indiana won those games by an average of 14 PPG and even though I don't think they'll win SU tonight, I do believe they have enough talent to keep this score within the number.

3♦ INDIANA

Posted : January 9, 2010 1:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hollywood Sports

Loyola Marymount at Pepperdine
Prediction: Pepperdine

Pepperdine (4-12) was throttled by Miami-Florida last Sunday by a 86-63 score. But the Waves have covered ten of their last thirteen games coming off a loss of 20 or more points. Despite their record, this Pepperdine team does have a nice win against Utah. And the Waves' players remember defeating Loyola-Marymount twice last season. Pepperdine plays effective defense at home that limits their opponents to just 41.4% shooting. Loyola-Marymount (9-7) has won six games in a row after shocking Notre Dame on their home court. But three of these games were off-the-board in Las Vegas (two games against Cal-State Bakersfield and a game against Seattle). The Lions have failed to cover the spread in four of their last five road games as a favorite of under seven points. Expect a letdown from Loyola-Marymount tonight. Take the points with Pepperdine.

Posted : January 9, 2010 1:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Hook

Wyoming +6.5 vs San Diego St.

This is a great situational spot for Wyoming, and a terrible spot for the Aztecs. Wyoming is coming off a poor performance against Colorado St, and are already in desperate need of a conference home win. You can best bet Wyoming is going to play as hard as possible tonight, looking to avoid the basement in the Mountain West Conference. Meanwhile, you have a San Diego St. team that beat nationally ranked New Mexico at home earlier this week. Wyoming is going to cover this spread, and they have a great chance of an OUTRIGHT victory today.

Wyoming is a team that loves to play at a frenetic pace. We all saw that on display when they played at Tennessee, and hung with the Volunteers for quite some time. This Cowboys team is very talented, if they can stay healthy. Luckilly, Wyoming is fairly healthy as they get ready for their game today. San Diego St. can't say the same. They made this trip to play Wyoming without their overall best player, F Billy White. Not only is White such a valuable player, but he's also an emotional leader for his team. San Diego St. has struggled year in and year out with consistency, as they typically play poorly after a huge defining win. They are in this exact scenario as they go on the road in conference without their best player.

This game is going to be close throughout. I just don't see Wyoming laying an egg considering they already did that in their last game. I believe they overlooked Colorado St, looking forward to the visiting Aztecs. I'm happy they lost that game, because it's created more value in this line today, combined with a heightened urgency for the Cowboys tonight. In front of their home crownd, i expect another close game, just like last year. I'm backing Wyoming +6.5 tonight, as they are quite likely to push the pace offensively. I think the Aztecs are going to struggle to defend today, and they will likely get caught into playing the tempo that Wyoming will enforce on them. I trust Wyoming and their free throw shooting far more than i do the Aztecs. I don't see San Diego St. pulling away from this desperate Wyoming club. Wyoming +6.5 is my freebie for the day that i'm personally playing for 1 UNIT!

Posted : January 9, 2010 3:12 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: