(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Charlie Scott
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City Chiefs
Play: Oakland Raiders +3
I'll use an old NFL betting system that has been productive in the NFL, of betting against bad teams as favorites and KC is a bad team. The Chiefs played Baltimore tough on the scoreboard last Sunday, but a closer look inside the box score reveals that Baltimore had 500 yards of offense. When a team with a defense as bad as the Chiefs is laying points you want your money getting points ! Play on the Raiders !

New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys
Play: New York Giants +3
The Giants have been a quality road underdog since their Super Bowl run of 2007- 2008. Giants should be able to control both the offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage. Look for the Giants to run the ball on offense and on defense the Giants D-Line rush should force Cowboys QB Romo into making bad decisions. Take the G MEN +3 !

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tom Freese
Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers
Prediction: San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco is 4-1-1 ATS their last 6 home games and they are 4-1-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record. The 49'ers are 4-1 ATS in Week 2 of the season and they are 4-0 ATS after allowing less than 90 yards rushing in their last game. Seattle is 6-21-3 ATS their last 30 games off a straight up win by more than 14 points and they are 2-7 ATS off a straight up win. The Seahawks are 0-5 after allowing less than 15 points in their last game. PLAY ON SAN FRANCISCO -

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Fargo
Arizona Cardinals @ Jacksonville Jaguars
PICK: Jacksonville Jaguars -3
I went against Arizona last week and will do the same here. The Super Bowl loss hangover was in effect last Sunday as Arizona was getting a lot of credit over an improving San Francisco team. That hangover should continue this week on the road and most notably, on the east coast. The Cardinals lost despite outgaining the 49ers but the offensive effort was pretty bad. It is clear that Kurt Warner is not 100 percent healthy and he is looking really slow. It is just one game but he looked the same in the preseason and I do not see it improving anytime soon. He finished with a 67.2 passer rating as he tossed two interceptions while getting sacked three times and that as we know is a common theme for him. The running certainly did not help him much as the Cardinals rushed for just 40 yards on 17 carries (2.4 ypc). Some credit does have to go to the San Francisco defense for that but the rushing offense was worst in the league last season and it is going to take Beanie Wells some time to get accustomed to the NFL. The Jaguars played a hard fought game in Indianapolis last week as they lost by two points to the Colts. Jacksonville was outgained in that game 365-228 so the final score was not truly indicative of the way the game played out. The Jaguars won the turnover battle 2-0 and that is always big in this league as is the running game which I touched upon earlier with Arizona. Jacksonville held the Colts to 71 yards rushing on 31 carries (2.3 ypc) and that is a big confidence boost for a team that finished middle of the pack at stopping the run last season. Stopping the Cardinals on the ground should not be a problem either as both Indianapolis and Arizona are very similar in one of the feature backs is a rookie. I am not a big fan of David Garrard at quarterback for the Jaguars but like a lot of quarterbacks in this league, he is asked to manage the offense and not lose games. That is because he has a solid running game at his disposal led by Maurice Jones-Drew who is now the full time back with the departure of Fred Taylor. He rushed for 97 yards on 21 carries (4.6 ypc) and he also caught five passes out of the backfield. The running game edge goes to the Jaguars in this matchup even though Arizona put the clamps on Frank Gore last week. As mentioned, the trip east is a tough one for Arizona. It went 0-4 ATS in its four east coast trips that started at 1:00 ET last season and that is a tough trend to buck as it is logically sound and is also a league wide tough situation for team to overcome. With the travel aspect of the Cardinals, it brings in a solid situation favoring the Jaguars. Play against teams that are traveling two time zones and playing an early Sunday game. Those teams are a woeful 20-63 ATS (24 percent) since 2000. The defensive battle from last week favors Jacksonville as it is 13-4 ATS in its last 17 games after scoring and allowing 14 points or fewer last time out. Also part of that equation is the fact that the Jaguars are 12-3-2 ATS in their last 17 games after accumulating less than 250 total yards in their previous game so they have been a solid bounce back team off poor efforts. 3* Jacksonville Jaguars

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sean Higgs
St Louis Rams vs. Washington Redskins
Play: Washington Redskins -10
We are backing Redskins and fading the Rams. Rams coming from Seattle. Yikes. New HC Steve Spagnolo is an ex NFC East NYG guy. He knows the Skins. Problem is. There is a severe lack of talent in STL. Look for the home team to have an easy time of it at home. 37-10 sounds about right.

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Alexander
1 Unit on NY Yankees -1.5 +101
Bottom Line: Yankees bounced back with a big 10-1 victory Saturday and I expect them to take Game 3 Sunday to win the series. Snell faced the Yankees for the first time last month and he was lit up for 8 earned in six innings in an 11-1 loss. I like New York's bats against Snell again here and I like Joba to remain solid on the road (5-2, 3.29 ERA). Snell is 2-13 as a home underdog of +100 or higher over the last 3 seasons, losing by an average score of 3.5 to 6.8 in these spots. Take the Yankees on the run line.

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Mathews

New Orleans Saints vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Selection: Philadelphia Eagles +1.5
Everyone is jumping on the New Orleans Saints after QB Drew Brees throws for 6 TD's (last week). What people are forgetting is that QB Drew Brees scored those TD's against one of the worst defenses in the league (that's like someone robbing a blind person, then calling themselves the best theft in the world because the victim did not "see" them doing it). The point we are trying to make is that the New Orleans Saints offense is not as good as everyone thinks.

Yes, we understand that the Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb is hurt, however, we have seen (time and time again) that Coach Reid knows how to win with AND without Donovan McNabb (past history has proven that statement true).
The New Orleans Saints are unimpressive as a road team. In fact, the New Orleans Saints are 6-10 on the road the past 2 seasons (with wins against the Lions, Chiefs, Seahawks, 49ers, Panthers, and the Falcons (maybe one impressive win out of those six).

The Philadelphia Eagles have been a proven winner when playing the New Orleans Saints (at Philadelphia). In fact, the Philadelphia Eagles are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 meetings against the New Orleans Saints (when playing in Philadelphia).
The New Orleans Saints have not beat the Philadelphia Eagles outright (at Philadelphia) since 1991, and we don't see them finding a way to win today.

Take the Philadelphia Eagles +1.5

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hentai Sports
New Orleans Saints at Philadelphia Eagles
Prediction : New Orleans Saints -1
Donovan McNabb fractured a rib last week and will likely not play. This means that despite signing Jeff Garcia, Kevin Kolb will likely be the starting quarterback for the Eagles in their home opener. Kolb has little experience at the professional level since he has never started a game in his young career. His numbers are not fantastic by any means. He has completed 24/45 passes (53.3%) for 167 yards, 4 interceptions and no touchdowns. The main issue with Kolb is his low yards per passing attempt. His career average is 3.7 yards and when he replaced McNabb last week he managed only 23 yards, completing 7 of 11 passing attempts. This means that Philadelphia’s offense will rely heavily on Brian Westbrook to keep chains moving. The other reason I like New Orleans in this one is because the Saints were sharp against the run last week allowing only 33 rushing yards to the Lions. Obviously Philly’s ground attack is much more dangerous than Detroit’s but facing a very limited passing attack, the Saints will likely stack eight in the box forcing third and longs. The key to New Orleans’ success will be based on stopping the Eagles ground attack and putting points on the board. Fortunately, they are one of the strongest offensive teams in the league. If Drew Brees can limit his mistakes by not taking unnecessary risks and avoiding throwing the ball into heavy coverage, the Saints should have no problem taking this one.

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JIM FEIST
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS / NEW YORK JETS
TAKE: NEW YORK JETS
Big rivalry game in the AFC East. The Patriots (1-0 SU/0-1 ATS) were delighted to get QB Tom Brady back after a year of rehabbing. The offense looked a bit rusty at times despite 451 yards (378 passing), but pulled off a remarkable comeback against the Bills, 25-24. The defense has new looks in the secondary. They have 2 new veteran cornerbacks in Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden, plus added rookies CB Darius Butler (UConn) and S Pat Chung (Oregon) with high draft picks. The Jets (1-0 SU/ATS) are going with a rookie QB and new coach Rex Ryan, but looked great in the opener, a 24-7 win at Houston as a dog. Offensive Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer wants to revert to the 2006 offense, which kept opponents off-balance with a myriad of formations, shifts and personnel packages. Rookie QB Mark Sanchez was terrific, 18-of-31 for 272 yards, 1 TD and one pick at Houston. They converted 10 of 18 on third down. Ryan's defensive stamp was all over the game: Houston's offense got past midfield just once in the first three quarters. The Texans were outgained 462-183, Steve Slaton was held to 17 yards rushing and Andre Johnson had 35 yards receiving. The running game has a one-two punch of Thomas Jones (107 yards, 5.4 ypc in the opener) and fast Leon Washington (60 yds rushing, 24 receiving), who is often used out of the backfield as a pass catcher. On June 4: Rex Ryan said, "I never came here to kiss Bill Belichick's rings. I came to win. So we'll see what happens. I'm certainly not intimidated by New England or anybody else. We are going to attack them, there's no question about that. I got confidence that we will give them everything that they want and maybe a little bit more." Expect a tough, hard fought contest here on Sunday. We'll take the home club here with Sanchez throwing the ball and Ryan's defense giving the Pats fits all day.

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVE COKIN
CAROLINA PANTHERS / ATLANTA FALCONS
TAKE: CAROLINA PANTHERS
If there's one thing I've learned about the NFL over the years, it's that almost nothing is never what is seems to be. Last week, the Carolina Panthers were absolutely awful in getting roasted at home by the Eagles. Now Carolina goes on the road to challenge the Falcons, who looked solid in defeating Miami in their opener. It's indeed possible that QB Jake Delhomme is simply toast, and that it's going to be a long year for the Panthers. It's also very possible they just had a terrible game last week, and that the number for this game has been overly adjusted as a result. I'm willing to give the road dog the benefit of the doubt at least one time, so I'll take the points today with the Panthers.

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Oakland +3 at KANSAS CITY

Did you enjoy Saturday's 7♦ free-play winner on Air Force? Now it's back to the NFL, where I'm on an 8-3 roll with free plays dating to last season. For Sunday’s NFL freebie, take the Raiders plus the points at the Chiefs.

I know the perception is that both these teams played competitive contests in Week 1, but in reality, Oakland was much more impressive in its 24-20 home loss to the Chargers than the Chiefs were in their 38-24 loss at Baltimore.

Although Kansas City was tied with the Ravens until less than five minutes remained in the game, Baltimore really dominated the contest, outgained the Chiefs 501-188 (including allowing just 29 rushing yards) and the Ravens held the ball nearly 40 minutes to barely 20 for Kansas City. On the other hand, the Raiders beat the snot out of the Chargers in every conceivable way but on the scoreboard on Monday night, including outgaining San Diego 366-317 (148-77 on the ground).

Kansas City may or may not get Matt Cassel back in this game, but that doesn’t impact this play at all, mostly because Brodie Croyle held his own against Baltimore last week (16-for-24, 177 yards, two TDs, no picks), and frankly, I think he’s just as good as Cassel anyway. This is mostly about the Raiders’ ability to run the football with Darren McFadden and Michael Bush, and the Chiefs’ in ability to stop the run (the Ravens had 198 rushing yards vs. K.C. last week).

Also, while the Raiders have certainly been a mess for years, they’ve been better than the Chiefs lately, and I’m not just talking about Week 1. Oakland closed out last season with consecutive upset victories of Houston (27-16 at home) and Tampa Bay (31-24 on the road when the Bucs needed a win to get into the playoffs. The Chiefs? Well, if you include an 0-4 preseason, they’ve lost nine straight games overall and failed to cover in the last seven in a row.

Finally, the Raiders have a big series-history edge here. They’re 5-1 ATS in their last six visits to Kansas City; the underdog has won the last four meetings outright; and the road team is 16-5-1 ATS in the last 22 contests in this storied rivalry. Throw in the fact that the Chiefs have failed to cover in 10 of their last 13 at Arrowhead Stadium (0-4 last four as a home favorite), and I’m all over the doggie here.

4♦ OAKLAND

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:56 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Maxwell

Houston at TENNESSEE -7

Ready to go 3-0 with NFL FREE selections after hitting two comp plays for you last week with the Niners on Sunday and the Raiders on Monday. Today's freebie comes with the Titans as I've got no problems laying the chalk with them at home against Houston.

Absolutely love the Titans in this one as they've had 10 days off since their season-opening overtime loss to Pittsburgh. Tennessee has had time to get healthy, focus on Houston and they will come out today and steamroll the Texans.

Jeff Fisher knows how to get a team ready to play. You saw that on opening night in Pittsburgh when the Titans damn near pulled off the upset, losing 13-10 in OT but covering as 6 1/2-point underdogs.

Tennessee QB Kerry Collins played well with 244 yards passing, one TD and one INT. And their defense was outstanding allowing just 36 yards rushing. They picked off Pittsburgh QB Ben Roethlisberger twice but they also allowed 363 yards passing and a TD.

The Titans demolished Houston when the Texans rolled into Tennessee last year, winning 31-12 as 4 1/2-point favorites. Tennessee is 5-1 SU and ATS in the last six clashes and you don't want to mess with the Titans in September as they are 9-0 ATS in their last nine games in the opening month of the season.

Tennessee is on ATS runs of 13-5 overall, 12-3 against AFC South opponents and 11-3 after a SU loss. On the opposite side, the Texans usually don't start the season strong, going 1-4 ATS in September games, 1-5 ATS in Week 2 and 3-8 ATS as a 'dog of 3.5 to 10 points.

Houston lost at home to the Jets a week ago and didn't look good at all. RB Steve Slaton was held to 17 rushing yards, Andre Johnson was held to four catches for 35 yards and they managed just 183 yards of offense. This team isn't very good and they haven't look good in the preseason or Week 1.

Tennessee is going to come out hungry and ready to play. It's their home opener and the Titans will win it by at least 17 points. Play the Titans.

5♦ TENNESSEE

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

Minnesota -10 at DETROIT

6-3 the last 9 days with my free plays!

Could this be the game the Lions snap their 18-game skid?

Nah!!!!!

G-Man knows laying double-digits on the road at any time is a dicey proposition, but then again Detroit's Matt Stafford tossed 3 interceptions in his debut against an average New Orleans defense, and the Lions could only muster some 30-plus yards while rushing the ball!

Good luck Motown in getting something started against this stingy Minny defense.

On the flip side, I know Brett Favre's best years are behind him, but when you have a threat like Adrian Peterson to shoulder the load, your job becomes so much easier. Plus, you know that with each passing week, # 4 will get a little further along in his timing, and adjustments.

Minnesota did win both meetings last year, but failed to cover in both. Still, 5 covers in the last 7 meetings is a number that makes money, and I am siding with the Vikes to pull off their second straight road win and cover.

Take Minnesota.

2♦ MINNESOTA

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

New Orleans -1' at PHILADELPHIA

With last week's complimentary play I backed a road team, the Jets, who won outright in a rout of the Texans in Houston. Today, let's back another team on the highway: New Orleans.

The Saints have the best offense in football right now and an improving defense under new coordinator Gregg Williams. The timing is right for the Saints to get a road win against an Eagles team likely to be without Donovan McNabb and breaking in three new offensive line starters, including both guards.

The dropoff from McNabb to Kevin Kolb is huge. If the Eagles had any confidence in Kolb they probably would not have signed Michael Vick, let alone pick up Jeff Garcia. McNabb has a broken rib. Vick isn't eligible until next week and Garcia just joined the team this week leaving Kolb as the starter. Kolb has given the Eagles little reason to feel confident having committed seven turnovers with no touchdowns during his NFL career.

The Saints defense is better under Williams. It's more physical and diversified. Williams is one of the best defensive coordinators in the NFL. Williams knows the Eagles well having faced them eight times from 2004 to 2007 when he was the Redskins' defensive coordinator.

The Eagles' defense is in for a stiff test. Brees is the hottest quarterback in the game, masterfully running Sean Payton's hard-to-contain offense. Unlike last year when he nearly broke Dan Marino's single-season passing yardage mark, Brees has a healthy receiving corps. The Eagles are without long-time defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who passed away, and no longer have Pro Bowl safety Brian Dawkins. Those are two huge losses.

The Saints are good. They prove it here.

3♦ NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sports Gambling Hotline

New Orleans at PHILADELPHIA

Last Sunday we gave you an easy comp play winner on Denver-Cincinnati UNDER the total, and this Sunday we have another total to give you, as we like the Saints and Eagles to play to an OVER at the Linc.

Let's face it, anytime you have a game involving New Orleans thee days, you have to immediately look to the OVER as the way to go.

Last week the Saints easily went OVER the total, downing Detroit 45-27, as Sean Payton's team is now on a 16-6 OVER run their last 22 games played.

The Eagles also slipped OVER the posted price last week at Carolina, and while McNabb is expected to miss this game, we believe the keys to the offense have been turned over to the right guy in Kevin Kolb. He will be able to put some points up on the board.

These teams haven't met since the '07 season, but the last 4 series meetings dating back to 2003 have played HIGH between the teams.

Play on the OVER in Philly today.

5♦ OVER

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini

Baltimore +3 at SAN DIEGO

I gave you Colorado on Saturday for my second straight winner on my complimentary selections. Now I'm taking the red-hot Ravens to provide another victory for me today.

Baltimore shedded its reputation as a team that puts all of its emphasis on letting the defense lead the way. The Ravens accumulated a franchise-record 501 yards of offense Sunday against Kansas City, with second-year quarterback Joe Flacco passing for 307 yards and three touchdowns.

That should scare the hell out of San Diego, which could barely stop a below-average Oakland offense for much of the game Monday night, and barely squeaked out a 24-20 victory over its archrival.

The Chargers might have won that game, but they lost a lot that night. They will be playing today without star LaDainian Tomlinson, two starting offensive linemen and standout nose tackle Jamal Williams, all of whom are out with injuries.

Playing with a patched-up offensive line is no way to enter a game against the Ravens, who still possess one of the league's top defenses.

I know that there's a lot of people taking Baltimore in this game, and normally that in itself would be enough for me to think about taking the other side, but I can't see many good things happening for the Chargers today. Take the Ravens to cover, if not win outright.

3♦ BALTIMORE

Posted : September 20, 2009 6:59 am
Page 3 / 5
Share: