Clear all

NFL Betting News and Notes Monday, December 12th, 2016

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NFL betting trends, odds and predictions for Monday, December 12th, 2016 from various handicappers and websites

Posted : December 11, 2016 11:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BALTIMORE (7 - 5) at NEW ENGLAND (10 - 2) - 12/12/2016, 8:30 PM

Top Trends for this game.
NEW ENGLAND is 231-186 ATS (+26.4 Units) in all games since 1992.
NEW ENGLAND is 231-186 ATS (+26.4 Units) in all lined games since 1992.
NEW ENGLAND is 179-135 ATS (+30.5 Units) against conference opponents since 1992.
NEW ENGLAND is 104-76 ATS (+20.4 Units) in games played on turf since 1992.
NEW ENGLAND is 110-81 ATS (+20.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1992.
NEW ENGLAND is 76-53 ATS (+17.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1992.
NEW ENGLAND is 56-36 ATS (+16.4 Units) in the last 4 weeks of the regular season since 1992.

Head-to-Head Series History
BALTIMORE is 1-0 against the spread versus NEW ENGLAND over the last 3 seasons
NEW ENGLAND is 1-0 straight up against BALTIMORE over the last 3 seasons
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

BALTIMORE vs. NEW ENGLAND
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Baltimore's last 9 games when playing New England
Baltimore is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games when playing New England
The total has gone OVER in 6 of New England's last 9 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of New England's last 10 games

Baltimore at New England
Baltimore: 5-15 ATS in road games after a win by 21 or more points
New England: 9-1 ATS after outgaining opp by 150 or more total yards in their previous game

Posted : December 11, 2016 11:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NFL Week 14

Ravens (7-5) @ Patriots (10-2) — Baltimore is 4-1 since its bye week, allowing 13.6 pts/game, but the four wins were all at home; Ravens are 2-3 on road with wins at Browns/Jaguars- their road losses are by 4-8-10 points. Baltimore is only 7-5 but they’re tied for first in AFC North and is 4-0 in its divisional games. Patriots are 7-1 with Brady at QB; six of the seven wins are by 11+ points- they’re 3-2 as home favorites this year. New England is 9-3 in last 12 series games, 7-1 in regular season games (2-2 in playoff meetings); Ravens lost seven of last nine visits here. AFC North non-divisional underdogs are 2-10 vs spread, 2-6 on road. AFC East favorites are 8-5, 4-5 at home. Under is 5-1 in Ravens’ last six games, 3-0 in last three Patriot games.

Armadillosports.com

Posted : December 11, 2016 11:45 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NFL Monday Night Football Betting Preview: Ravens at Patriots
By Covers.com

Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots (-6.5, 44.5)

The New England Patriots did not even have to take the field to seize control of their postseason destiny and they can solidify the front-running status when they host the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night. Oakland's loss to Kansas City on Thursday night put the Patriots one-half game up for the No. 1 seed in the AFC entering the final quarter of the season.

New England has won three in a row and can wrap up the AFC East title for an eight consecutive season -- which would be an NFL record -- with a win over Baltimore and a loss by Miami. The Patriots own a deceptive 7-1 regular-season record in the series against the Ravens, who have been a major nemesis for New England and quarterback Tom Brady. Four of the last six meetings (playoffs included) have been decided by four points or fewer and Baltimore owns a pair of postseason victories over the Patriots in Foxborough, Mass. The stakes are equally high for the Ravens, who are tied with Pittsburgh atop the AFC North but currently hold the tiebreaker over the Steelers.

POWER RANKINGS: Ravens (-1.5) - Patriots (-6) + home field (-3) = Patriots -7.5

LINE HISTORY: The Patriots opened as 7.5-point home favorites and the public quickly jumped on Baltimore's historical success against Tom Brady and the Pats - puching the line down to -6.5 by Sunday. The total hit the board at 46 and came all of the way down to 44.5. View complete line history here.

WEATHER REPORT: The forecast for Gillette Stadium on Monday night is calling for foggy, damp conditions with temperatures in the mid-30's. There will also be a 9-10 mph wind blowing just to make the conditions even more unpleasant.

INJURIES:

Ravens - G M. Yanda (Questionable, shoulder), TE C. Gilmore (Questionable, thigh), RB L. Taliaferro (Questionable, thigh), RB J. Allen (Questionable, personal), CB T. Young (Questionable, shoulder), G A. Lewis (Early Jan, ankle), TE B. Watson (I-R, achilles), DT W. Henry (I-R, undisclosed), CB M. Canady (I-R, hamstring), S K. Lewis (I-R, thigh), CB S. Price (I-R, thigh), TE M. Williams (I-R, knee), WR C. Matthews (I-R, undisclosed), G D. Wesley (I-R, undisclosed), DT C. Davis (I-R, ankle), DE B. Kaufusi (I-R, ankle), T S. Nembot (I-R, undisclosed), CB K. Arrington (I-R, concussion), LB C. Luckett (I-R, undisclosed), CB J. Rolle (I-R, achilles), WR K. Clay (I-R, foot).

Patriots - TE M. Bennett (Probable, ankle), QB T. Brady (Probable, knee), LB E. Roberts (Questionable, hamstring), DL W. Hamilton (Questionable, leg), WR M. Slater (Questionable, foot), DB J. Richards (Questionable, knee), DB E. Rowe (Questionable, hamstring), WR D. Amendola (Out, ankle), G T. Jackson (Questionable, knee), QB J. Brissett (Questionable, thumb), TE R. Gronkowski (I-R, back), T S. Vollmer (I-R, knee), LB J. Freeny (I-R, shoulder), TE G. Scruggs (knee).

ABOUT THE RAVENS (7-5 SU, 6-6 ATS, 4-7-1 O/U): Baltimore improved to 4-1 in its last five games following its most impressive victory of the season, a 38-6 demolition of Miami last week that snapped the Dolphins' six-game winning streak. Muddling through a season of mediocrity to that point, quarterback Joe Flacco established season highs with 381 yards passing and four touchdowns while setting a franchise record with 36 completions. Tight end Dennis Pitta had nine catches for 90 yards and two touchdowns, part of a unit that features veteran Steve Smith, speedster Mike Wallace and promising Breshad Perriman at wide receiver. The Ravens have the league's top-ranked defense (296.1 yards per game) and rank No. 1 against the run (73.8 yards).

ABOUT THE PATRIOTS (10-2 SU, 9-3 ATS, 4-8 O/U): New England has won three in a row, although the combined record of those opponents entering Week 13 is 8-28. Brady has 19 touchdown passes versus only one interception since returning from his four-game suspension, but he is without his No. 1 receiving target in tight end Rob Gronkowski and has 12 scoring passes versus 11 picks in 10 career games (playoffs included) versus Baltimore. Rookie Malcolm Mitchell continues to emerge as a bigger threat in the passing game with a season-high eight receptions in last week's 26-10 win over Los Angeles while LeGarrette Blount is 43 yards shy of his second 1,000-yard season. The Patriots' defense is tied with Baltimore with 17.3 points allowed -- second in the NFL.

TRENDS:

* Ravens are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 Monday games.
* Patriots are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. AFC.
* Under is 4-0 in Ravens last 4 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
* Under is 4-0 in Patriots last 4 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
* Road team is 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings.

CONSENESUS: 52 percent of the public is grabbing the road underdog Ravens and 58 percent are taking the Over.

Posted : December 11, 2016 11:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MNF - Ravens at Patriots
By Kevin Rogers
VegasInsider.com

Two old playoff rivals meet up on Monday night in Foxboro to close out Week 14 of the NFL. The Patriots host the Ravens at Gillette Stadium as both these teams are looking at January football. New England is on pace to grab home-field advantage in the AFC, while Baltimore is in a tug-of-war atop the AFC North with Pittsburgh coming down the stretch.

LAST WEEK

New England (10-2 SU, 9-3 ATS) extended its winning streak to three games after beating Los Angeles, 26-10 as 13-point favorites. The Patriots scored two early touchdowns then relied on the right leg of Stephen Gostkowski to connect on four field goals. Tom Brady threw only one touchdown pass, while compiling less than 300 yards passing for the third straight game (269 yards). The Patriots held their third straight opponent to below 17 points, resulting in a third consecutive UNDER.

Baltimore (7-5 SU, 6-6 ATS) improved to 4-1 the last five games after blasting Miami, 38-6 as 3 ½-point favorites. Ravens’ quarterback Joe Flacco diced up the Dolphins’ defense for 381 yards and four touchdowns, while Baltimore intercepted Miami three times in its fourth consecutive victory at M&T Bank Stadium. During this 4-1 run, Baltimore’s defense has stepped up by allowing 14 points or less in each of the past four wins, as the Ravens are 4-1 to the UNDER in this stretch.

SERIES HISTORY

These teams last met in the 2014 divisional playoffs in Foxboro as the Patriots held off the Ravens, 35-31. Baltimore cashed as seven-point road underdogs, but squandered a pair of 14-point leads, including a 28-14 third quarter advantage. Brady connected with Brandon LaFell on a 28-yard touchdown strike with 5:13 remaining in the fourth quarter to give New England its only lead of the game, but that was good enough to reach the AFC Championship and eventually the Super Bowl.

The Ravens have won four of the last seven matchups with the Patriots since the 2009 Wild Card game in which Baltimore blew out New England, 33-14. Baltimore owns a 4-0-1 ATS record in its last five trips to New England, while four of the past six meetings overall have been decided by four points or less.

LINE MOVEMENT

The Patriots opened as seven-point favorites (-120) last Tuesday at the Las Vegas Westgate Superbook, but that number has dropped to 6½ at most books. The total currently sits at 45 as temperatures are expected to be in the mid-30’s with clear conditions in Foxboro on Monday.

ROAD WOES

Since starting the season with road victories at Cleveland and Jacksonville, the Ravens have failed to win on the highway in their last three tries. Two of those losses came in back-to-back weeks at Met Life Stadium against the Giants and Jets in October, while the latest road setback came at Dallas in Week 11 by 10 points, 27-17. Flacco has thrown only two touchdowns and has been picked off six times in five road games this season, as Baltimore owns a 1-4 ATS mark away from M&T Bank Stadium.

PRIMETIME PATRIOTS

New England has won four of its past six Monday night contests since the start of 2012, while making its first Monday night appearance this season. In the last three Monday night home games in this span, the Patriots have won by scores of 34-3, 42-14, and 20-13, with that seven-point victory coming over the Bills last season.

HANDICAPPER’S CORNER

VegasInsider.com handicapper Joe Nelson says Baltimore has held its own over the years against New England, “Under John Harbaugh, the Ravens have played the Patriots about as well as anyone with a 3-5 (4-3-1 ATS) mark though more importantly winning two of four playoff meetings (4-0 ATS). Baltimore has a home game with Philadelphia up next before division road games in Pittsburgh and Cincinnati to close the season as the Ravens are a strong candidate to fall out of the AFC playoff picture completely with the Wild Card path less likely.”

Meanwhile, the Patriots have taken advantage of weak competition according to Nelson, “Since the home loss to Seattle in mid-November, the Patriots have won three in a row but they faced three losing teams and didn’t win all that convincingly facing the 49ers, Jets, and Rams scoring just 26 points per game. Losing Rob Gronkowski changes the offense and the numbers paint a clear decline for the offense the past few seasons in the games their star tight end has missed.”

PROPS

Baltimore

J. Flacco – Total Gross Passing Yards
257½ - OVER (-110)
257½ - UNDER (-110)

J. Flacco – Total Touchdown Passes
1½ - OVER (+110)
1½ - UNDER (-130)

M. Wallace – Total Receiving Yards
54½ - OVER (-110)
54½ - UNDER (-110)

New England

T. Brady – Total Completions
25½ - OVER (-110)
25½ - UNDER (-110)

T. Brady – Total Touchdown Passes
2 – OVER (-120)
2 – UNDER (Even)

L. Blount – Total Rushing Yards
64½ - OVER (-110)
64½ - UNDER (-110)

NEXT WEEK

The Patriots travel to Denver for an AFC Championship rematch in Week 15 as the Westgate Superbook opened New England as three-point road favorites. The Ravens host the Eagles as Baltimore has yet to beat an NFC opponent this season. The Westgate opened Baltimore as 6½-point favorites.

Posted : December 11, 2016 11:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NFL: Streak, Tips, Notes
Sportspic.com

Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots

The Patriots and Ravens collide in a pivotal AFC showdown Monday Night Football in Foxboro. Although, New England is a hefty -7.0 point favorite it's hard to bet against the Patriots. The Patriots have covered six of eight since Brady's return, five of which featured lines of -7.0 or higher. Patriots looking to keep their focus on top-seed in the AFC improve the 7-1 SU, 6-1-1 ATS regular season record vs Ravens along with its 8-0 SU, 6-2-1 ATS stretch vs an AFC North opponent. Additionally, Patriots are known to knock a squad down a peg as they're 15-2 SU, 12-2-3 ATS vs a team off B-2-B SU/ATS wins.

Posted : December 12, 2016 11:33 am
Share: