12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Stanford vs. USC (58 un, -110) - at Santa Clara, CA
By Tommy Brunson, Featured Handicapper
Epic Fail last night in the college ranks, as 75 Dime Winner # 16 of 25 was not even close. South Carolina got manhandled by Temple.

Still 5 of the past 7 days on the plus side.

Still 16 of last last 26 days on the plus side with the $10 bettor having netted $3,590 over the past 3-plus weeks.

Going to settle in and get back on the horse tonight.

60 Dime Non-Conference Game of the Month goes on this Davidson-North Carolina tilt.

Gave you a Wednesday 60 Dime Winner on NC State downing Penn State.

Just need to get after it, and head into Saturday off this hoops winner.

When they met in the regular season back in September, the teams combined for 66 big ones, as they game landed Over the posted price of 54 1/2 points.

I am NOT expecting a repeat at all on this neutral field.

Stanford simply cannot win this game if they think they are going to out-sling Sam Darnold, so expect the very wily Cardinal mentor David Shaw to play a little ball-control in this game and limit the time of possession for the Trojans and Darnold.

The Cardinal enter this game having played Under the total in their last pair of games, and in 8 of their last 9 games overall. The Trojans saw their string of 5 straight Overs halted in their last game against cross-town rival UCLA, and they are just 7-5 Over for the season.

Series numbers show 4 of the last 7 between the California schools holding Under the posted price.

USC is dangerous, that is for sure, but if I know that and the public knows that, don't you think the coaches on Stanford know it too?

Kudos to David Shaw who figures out a way to slow this SC offense down just enough in their rematch to keep it from landing Over.

Stanford-USC Under.

Posted : December 1, 2017 11:21 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, Thursday, November 30, 2017

12/01 05:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET

CF (303) STANFORD VS (304) USC

Take: OVER

Reason: Your free play for Friday, December 1, 2017 is in the College football game between Stanford Cardinal and USC Trojans. The PAC-12 Championship is being played in Stanford's backyard, so expect a pro-Cardinal group of fans for this one. The Cardinal are 9-3 S/U and 5-6-1 ATS and coming off that big win over Notre Dame, 38-20. USC (10-2 S/U, 3-8-1 ATS) is just 2-5-1 ATS in their last eight vs the PAC-12. Stanford is 7-1 ATS in December and looks to avenge their September 9th loss to the Trojans, 24-42. USC has just two covers in its last 10 games, both coming against Arizona schools. Stanford has gone over in six of their last seven games on a neutral site. The Trojans are 5-1 O/U in their last six games and 4-0 O/U the last four times after a bye week. These clubs have gone over in 16 of their last 23 meetings. That's just what I look for here on Friday, a high scoring game. Play the OVER.

Posted : December 1, 2017 11:24 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Stephen Nover
Dec 01 '17, 7:35 PM in 9h
NBA | Pacers vs Raptors
Play on: Raptors -6½ -110 at 5Dimes

There are reasons why Lance Stephenson has played for six NBA teams during his eight years in the league. One of the reasons is he's a dirty, unlikeable player. That was on display last Friday when Stephenson's Pacers edged the Raptors, 107-104, at home. Stephenson bodychecked DeMar DeRozan twice - and got away with it both times. The NBA league office later admitted both should have been called fouls. I bring this up because it's rematch time and the Raptors have strong, short-revenge motivation to bury the Pacers following that contentious game. Indiana is better than I expected at 12-10. Victor Oladipo has emerged as a star guard. But I want the Raptors going for me in this spot. Boston's great start has been the major topic in the Eastern Conference. Cleveland is never going to be underrated because of LeBron James. This leaves Toronto and Detriot somewhat underrated. The Raptors are in the argument for second-best team in the East. The Raptors shot 50.4 percent from the floor during their 14 November games, second-best in franchise history. Following the loss to the Pacers, the Raptors have gone on a tear defeating the Hawks on the road and Hornets at home by a combined 47 points. Toronto has won seven of its eight home games, including the last five. The Raptors beat the Pacers at home both times last season, winning those games by an average of 18 points.

Posted : December 1, 2017 11:30 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Ray Monohan
Dec 01 '17, 7:05 PM in 8h
NHL | Senators vs Islanders
Play on: OVER 5½ -120

Ottawa vs. New York Over 5.5

The Sens and Islanders battle Friday and this Over is worth a move.

Ottawa has put in 3.0 goals per road game this season, as this team has actually been surprising on the offensive side. Mark Stone has been the leader of this offense, tallying 24 points in total and has really been one to feed off of. Defensively though, the Senators are allowing 3.13 goals per game, as they simply haven't been able to avoid the opposition getting shots in front of net.

On the counter side, the Islanders have been absolutely dominate. Averaging 3.67 goals per game, that number actually goes all the way up to 4.6 when playing at home.

Some trends to note. Over is 7-1-1 in Islanders last 9 vs. Eastern Conference. Over is 5-1 in Senators last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.

Expect some action here.

Back Over.

Good Luck, Razor Ray.

Friday 5* FREE NHL O/U Play

Posted : December 1, 2017 11:31 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd
Dec 01 '17, 9:30 PM in 11h
NCAA-B | Boise State vs Oregon
Play on: Oregon -7½ -110

Free pick on Oregon -

I like the value here with the Ducks laying what I feel is a short number at home against Boise State. There's no denying that this year's Oregon team is not as good as the one that made the Final Four last year, but this is still a talented enough team that can get back to the Big Dance. Head coach dana Altman will get the best out of this team and while he lost a lot, he also brought in a ton of talent to help fill the voids.

The lone returning starter is sophomore Payton Pritchard and he's shown flashes early of being a guy who can lead this team. He's averaging nearly 15 ppg with 4.1 rpg, 5.3 apg and 1.3 spg. They are also getting big contributions from New Mexico grad transfer Elijah Brown, as well as Georgetown transfer Paul White and true freshman Victory Bailey Jr.

Boise State's a good team, but they also list by 11 to a rebuilding Iowa State team on a neutral court. I just think the Broncos are outmatched here and it's asking a little too much of Boise State to keep this competitive in Eugene, where the Ducks are 10-2 over the last 3 seasons as a home favorite of 6.5 to 12 points. Take Oregon!

Posted : December 1, 2017 11:32 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd
Dec 01 '17, 9:30 PM in 11h
NCAA-B | Boise State vs Oregon
Play on: Oregon -7½ -110 at BMaker

Free pick on Oregon -

I like the value here with the Ducks laying what I feel is a short number at home against Boise State. There's no denying that this year's Oregon team is not as good as the one that made the Final Four last year, but this is still a talented enough team that can get back to the Big Dance. Head coach dana Altman will get the best out of this team and while he lost a lot, he also brought in a ton of talent to help fill the voids.

The lone returning starter is sophomore Payton Pritchard and he's shown flashes early of being a guy who can lead this team. He's averaging nearly 15 ppg with 4.1 rpg, 5.3 apg and 1.3 spg. They are also getting big contributions from New Mexico grad transfer Elijah Brown, as well as Georgetown transfer Paul White and true freshman Victory Bailey Jr.

Boise State's a good team, but they also list by 11 to a rebuilding Iowa State team on a neutral court. I just think the Broncos are outmatched here and it's asking a little too much of Boise State to keep this competitive in Eugene, where the Ducks are 10-2 over the last 3 seasons as a home favorite of 6.5 to 12 points. Take Oregon!

Posted : December 1, 2017 11:33 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Dustin Hawkins
Dec 01 '17, 11:30 AM in 1h
NCAA-B | Holy Cross vs Manhattan
Play on: Manhattan -1½ -110

Free Play on Manhattan -1½ -110

Posted : December 1, 2017 11:34 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Ben Burns
Dec 01 '17, 8:05 PM in 9h
NBA | Spurs vs Grizzlies
Play on: Grizzlies +4 -110 at BMaker

The numbers aren’t good for the Grizzlies, who have lost nine straight games and are a couple of months away from having “Lottery-Bound” added as a prefix. But in the wake of the firing of coach Dave Fizdale, GM Chris Wallace calmed things down considerably and may have saved the season when he said that the Grizz would not trade franchise pillar Marc Gasol. With injured Mike Conley out at least a few more weeks, that puts the onus clearly on Gasol to start producing and there’s no better time than the present with the Spurs in town. This may not be a must-win, but even for this early in the season it classifies as a “Must Play Well” game for Memphis. Take the points here.

Posted : December 1, 2017 11:35 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BIG AL

Our complimentary selection for Friday, Dec 1 is:

Duquesne Dukes +7 over Pitt.

Posted : December 1, 2017 12:44 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

CAPPERS ACCESS
CFB) USC
(CBB) Northwestern
(CBB) Creighton

Posted : December 1, 2017 12:45 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Arthur Ralph Sports

FRI CBB Gonzaga -7

Posted : December 1, 2017 12:46 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Joey Juice

This game is as much about Orlando being bad as it is about Golden State being very good. Orlando finagled their first win in their last 10 games Wednesday night against an Oklahoma City team that has had their own serious problems this season thus far.

The Golden State Warriors do not have those type of problems. The Warriors have been to the Finals three straight years and have won two titles: and they’re more than capable turning on the switch and simply destroying this Orlando team who is 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record. I'n fact, Orlando is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.

The Warriors are the free play.

4* GOLDEN STATE

Posted : December 1, 2017 2:26 pm
Share: