(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brandon Lee
Dec 18 '17, 8:05 PM in 7h
NBA | Blazers vs Wolves
Play on: Blazers +3½ -105 at betonline

10* FREE NBA PICK (Blazers +3.5)

Portland comes in having won 3 straight and are a perfect 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games. The impressive thing is the last 4 contests have all come on the road. I'll take my chances here with the Blazers keeping it going against a Timberwolves team that will either have a hobbled Jimmy Butler or not have him at all. Butler was dealing with some serious back pain in Minnesota's last game, which they lost 106-108 at home.

I have a hard time seeing the Timberwolves sending Butler out there in December if he's not 100% and the line the books set here has me thinking the oddsmakers don't expect him to play. I also think that this is a good matchup for Portland, who have had their struggles offensively this year, as they are averaging just 102.7 ppg.

Minnesota is a team that continues to struggle to play well defensively. They are giving up 106.4 ppg and their opponents for the season are shooting 48% against them. It's also worth noting that the Blazers are only giving up 98.7 ppg on the road where they are 9-5 SU and 9-4-1 ATS. Give me Portland +3.5!

Posted : December 18, 2017 1:35 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jack Jones
Dec 18 '17, 10:35 PM in 10h
NBA | Warriors vs Lakers
Play on: Lakers +6 -103 at 5Dimes

Jack’s Free Pick Monday: Los Angeles Lakers +6

The Golden State Warriors are ripe for the picking tonight with all of their injuries. They are without starting PG Stephen Curry and backup PG Shaun Livingston. They are also without starting C Zaza Pachulia and starting PF Draymond Green. That leaves Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson with massive shoes to fill.

The Lakers played a full strength Warriors team a couple weeks ago on November 29th and only lost 123-127 at home as 13.5-point underdogs. Now the Lakers are the team at full strength with everyone available, and they will want revenge and should get it as 6-point home dogs in the rematch.

The Lakers have been pretty competitive at home this season, going 6-7 SU & 7-6 ATS while only getting outscored by 0.6 points per game on average. The Lakers come in fresh and ready to go after last playing on Thursday in a 112-121 loss at Cleveland as 10.5-point dogs. They have had three days off since that defeat.

The Warriors are 9-23 ATS in their last 32 road games vs. a team with a losing record. Golden State is also 9-23 ATS in its last 32 games overall vs. a team with a winning % below .400. Los Angeles is 4-1 ATS in its last five home games vs. a team with a winning % betting than .600. Bet the Lakers Monday.

Posted : December 18, 2017 1:35 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Pittsburgh at COLORADO (+145)
By Eric Schroeder

My free winner for Monday is the Colorado Avalanche in hockey, as I like the value I'm seeing against the two-time defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins.

Pittsburgh continues a grueling west coast road trip, and after scoring a 4-2 win on Saturday in Phoenix, two days after taking it on the chin in Las Vegas, the Penguins have to play in high-altitude Denver, against an Avalanche team that is 9-6-1 at home.

Colorado is 10-8-1 against the Eastern Conference this season, and is looking to end the year with a surge after losing six of its first nine in December.

Against an aggressive Penguins team, you can expect Colorado to apply its successful power play, as it ranks 5th in the league at home with a 26.9 percent conversion rate with the man advantage. On the flipside, Pittsburgh is 16th in the NHL with an 80.3 percent penalty kill on the road.

Trust me, this being the Penguins' third road game in five nights, they'll be winded in the thin air, and will suffer from miscues and mistakes tonight.

Let's take a shot with the home dog.

1* AVALANCHE

Posted : December 18, 2017 1:49 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Northeastern (-2) at KENT STATE
By Chris Jordan

My freebie is in college basketball, as I like Northeastern minus the points at Kent State. When we're talking about non-conference foes who are essentially even, you have to look at the better defense as one of your intangibles.

Northeastern is the better defensive team.

And when you're talking about a Northeastern team that has held teams to 67.2 points per game in its last five contests, I make it a point to reveal the Golden Flashes have shot a mere 38.7 percent from the field in their last five trips to the wood.

Kent State is in after two straight losses, while it has lost five of seven now. On the other hand, Northeastern is in on a four-game win streak and has enough momentum for this trip to Ohio.

Take the road chalk.

4* NORTHEASTERN

Posted : December 18, 2017 1:54 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Wake Forest (-4') at COASTAL CAROLINA
By Jack Brayman

Going to lay the road chalk with the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, as I think they'll be able to put away this Coastal Carolina team with no problem. Come the second half, the Chanticleers won't be around.

Wake Forest has four losses in the season, all over its first five games. And they were shocking, considering they came against Georgia Southern, Liberty, Drake and Houston. But this team is surging, has beaten Illinois and Richmond along the way, and comes into tonight's game on a five-game win streak.

After averaging 73.6 points per game in their first five contests, the Deacons are averaging 86.4 in their last five.

Coastal, meanwhile, has lost three of five and doesn't have the credentials to challenge a team like Wake Forest.

Lay the road chalk.

3* WAKE FOREST

Posted : December 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: