(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mike Lundin
Feb 05 '18, 9:05 PM in 8h
NHL | Lightning vs Oilers
Play on: OVER 5½ -125

#NHL FREE PICK FROM MIKE LUNDIN

This contest will mark the end of a five-game homestand for the Edmonton Oilers and the finale of an eight-game road trip for the Tampa Bay Lightning, and I expect to see fireworks at Rogers Place Monday night.

The visitors are 5-2-0 on the trip and they've had little trouble to find the net, scoring 11 goals in the last two games alone and five of the seven games have gone over the total. The league-leading Lightning have a couple of tremendous players in Steven Stamkos (19 goals, 41 assists) and Nikita Kucherov who leads the NHL with 66 points (27 goals, 39 assists).

The Oilers are 2-1-1 so far on the homestand with three of the four games going over the total. Cam Talbot is expected back in net for Edmonton after missing one game because of illness, but he's coming off his worst month of the season opening the new year with a 3.57 GAA and .890 save percentage in 10 games.

My free pick is on OVER.

Posted : February 5, 2018 2:01 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

On the heels of hitting Arizona State as my free play on Sunday, I'm headed to the NBA for tonight's free play, as I'm looking for Portland and Detroit to soar past the posted number.

This marks the first time these two will meet this season, but I have to believe the offensive fireworks will be riveting. This series has gone over in five straight meetings, dating back to 2015, and in 11 of the last 12.

Portland is playing its third straight road game, and comes in after losing the first two in Toronto and Boston. The Blazers were roasted for 130 points by the Raptors before the Celtics scored 97 in a one-point affair. Portland is used to scoring points, having scored in triple figures the previous 17 games. Quite a feat from a team that is averaging just 104.8 points per game.

With Detroit, which remember now has Blake Griffin, it has won three straight games with wins over Cleveland, Memphis and Miami - all three in Motown. This being the Pistons fourth straight during a six-game home stand, they'll be prepared to push the tempo up with hopes of running the Blazers straight out of the building.

Seven of the last eight meetings have gone high, and I like this one to get well past the number to make it 8 of 9.

5* OVER Trail Blazers-Pistons

Posted : February 5, 2018 2:03 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

Monday comp play is the Pistons over the Blazers.

Portland has struggled on this 3 game road trip that concludes tonight in Motown, as the Blazers have dropped games in Toronto on Friday, and in Boston yesterday afternoon.

Detroit was idle yesterday, and the new-look Pistons are indeed riding a 3 game winning streak - all of the wins coming at home! With the addition of Blake Griffin to the team, I expect the Pistons to continue their winning ways.

This will be the first meeting of the season between the teams, and it is Detroit that has held the upperhand of late, as the Pistons have won and covered in each of the last 4 meetings.

The last 2 in this series have both needed overtime to decide. Look for another close one tonight, but look for the road to once again do in the Blazers.

Lay the small number with the Pistons at home on Monday.

3* DETROIT

Posted : February 5, 2018 2:04 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

On the heels of a complimentary win with the Montreal Canadiens in NHL action on Super Sunday, I head to the NBA for this game in Indianapolis, where I like the Washington Wizards to challenge for the outright win over the Indiana Pacers.

Both teams come in with 30 wins, and the Wizards aren't that bad on the highway with a 13-13 road mark.

Washington, which has covered eight straight in Indianapolis, is on an offensive rampage lately, averaging 116 points over its last five contests. The Wizards have won four in a row, including the first of a three-game road trip in Orlando.

During the four-game win streak, Washington is averaging 117 points after wins in Atlanta, vs. Oklahoma City, vs. Toronto and at the Magic.

The Pacers, meanwhile, are in after an eight-point home win over Philadelphia, but they also just loss at Charlotte by seven on Friday. This is their third game in four days, and they're asking for trouble against this dangerous, surging Wizards team.

4* WIZARDS

Posted : February 5, 2018 2:05 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free play run is now at 25-17-1.

After nailing the Toronto Raptors, a 15-point winner over the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday, I'm headed to the ice for tonight's freebie, as I like the Edmonton Oilers over the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I'm well aware we're going against the best team in the NHL, but here's the deal, the Edmonton Oilers have beaten the league's second-best team that has beaten the best team.

Even further, the Oilers have beaten the Vegas Golden Knights twice. And Vegas, it's beaten Tampa Bay twice.

Thus, something tells me the Connor McDavid - the fastest player in the league and reigning Hart Trophy winner - will lead the Oilers to victory in the final contest of a five-game homestand.

Edmonton, 2-1-1 in its current homestand, will be looking to avenge a 4-3 overtime loss to Colorado on Thursday.

And along with the motivation from that, McDavid will also be out to make a statement against the Tampa Bay's top player, Nikita Kucherov, who leads the NHL with 66 points (27 goals, 39 assists).

I realize Tampa Bay is 4-0-1 in its last five against Edmonton, but I like the Oilers, who have confidence in knowing they've beaten Vegas, revenge on the brain from losing Thursday, and a guy like McDavid who is looking to make a statement.

Home dog here.

5* OILERS

Posted : February 5, 2018 2:06 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: