Jim Mack
#266 Michigan

Posted : January 1, 2018 10:24 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BRANDON LEE

10* FREE NCAAF PICK (Auburn -10)

I'm usually one that will look to fade a team like Auburn, who is coming off a crushing loss in their conference title game that kept them out of the playoffs. However, I got a sneaky feeling here that the Tigers are going to show up for this game against UCF, as I think there's some motivation here from Auburn to ruin the Knights perfect season. There's also been plenty of smack talk by the Knights players about how the Tigers won't be able to deal with UCF's speed.

I also don't like the situation here for UCF with Scott Frost coaching the team after already accepting the job at Nebraska. I got respect for him not wanting to abandon his team, but I have a hard time believing he's 100% all-in on the Knights and just completely ignoring his new job with the Cornhuskers. I also think it takes some of the motivation that UCF had going for them coming into this game.

The other big key here for me is I question just how good this UCF team really is. The two best teams in the AAC outside of the Knights were hands down USF and Memphis. We just saw Memphis lose to Iowa State and USF needed a last second TD to avoid an upset loss to Texas Tech in their bowl game. Both of these teams had UCF on the ropes down the stretch and while the Knights were able to escape with wins, their defense allowed 42 points to USF and 55 to Memphis.

I think Auburn offensively is going to be able to do whatever they want here and if the Tigers have any kind of success defensively this could get really ugly in a hurry. Keep in mind we are talking about an Auburn defense that was one of the best in the country this season. One that didn't allow more than 28 points in a single game all season. They also had wins over two playoff teams and a mere 8-point loss against another (Clemson).

With all of that said, there is still a chance that Auburn is a complete no-show here, which is why this is only a free pick and not a premium. Give me the Tigers -10!

Posted : January 1, 2018 10:25 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

TOTALS GURU

Free Total Annihilator On Georgia vs Oklahoma under 62 -115

Posted : January 1, 2018 10:25 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

DOUG UPSTONE
NCAA-F | Jan 01, 2018
Alabama vs. Clemson
OVER 47

On New Year's Day, Play OVER on teams like CLEMSON and ALABAMA, in major bowl games (played in January), in a game involving two top-level teams with 80% or higher or win percentage. This total is a sensational 24-4, 85.7 percent.

Posted : January 1, 2018 10:26 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

FREDDY WILLS
NCAA-F | Jan 01, 2018
LSU vs. Notre Dame
Notre Dame+145

10-5 ATS on Free plays during the 2017 season, and 12-3 ATS in 2016. This is our first free play of the bowl season.

The SEC was not as strong this season, and LSU has worst losses coming against Miss State, Troy, and Alabama. LSU will be without their OC Matt Canada who is out, and that's a big deal in this game. Notre Dame's defense is also a lot healthier coming into this game compared to LSU who have guys sitting out including 3 starting LB's which is not a good sign against the #2 running team in the nation. I feel we get good value on Notre Dame based on the conception that they struggled in big games this year. They struggled against Stanford, and Miami on the road in 2 of their last 3 games, but I think the month off gives them a good opportunity to regroup.

When looking at this game we know both teams are going to run the ball first as they both come in rushing 60% of the time or more. With Orgeron taking over the play calling duties I think LSU will run the ball even more, making it easier for Notre Dame to game plan for. When we look at each team and what they have done this season vs. the strength of competition and who is playing on Monday I think there is a slight edge to Notre Dame here. Notre Dame also has the more mobile QB, and their RB tandem has to be healthier as they were clearly not wore down at the end of the season. LSU's Guice is not 100% but is probable for this game. LSU on the season ranked 34th in ypc offense facing an average #61.7 defense compared to Notre Dame #2 facing #59.4 defense. Notre Dame ran the ball better vs. a slightly tougher competition. Notre Dame's defense #41 vs. the run facing #50.9 compared to LSU #36 vs. #58 makes these two defenses about even. However, LSU is missing 3 linebackers including Arden Key a true difference maker. Note Dame has a senior laden offensive line with two All-American's while LSU's offensive line is starting 2 true freshman.

At the end of the day this qualifies for a free play. I backed Notre Dame several times this year in big spots and it killed me, but I think this is a good spot. LSU has a lot of question marks here with coaching, players sitting out, and inexperience at key positions.

Posted : January 1, 2018 10:26 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BOBBY CONN

1* Free Play on Notre Dame +3½ -115

Posted : January 1, 2018 10:27 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

CHIP CHIRIMBES

South Carolina vs Michigan

Wolverines (-) over Gamecocks

To start with, I still can't figure out why these two are playing on New Year's Day with four losses each their were plenty of quality teams that put these two to shame. I don't mean that they don't belong in a bowl game, but really, New Years Day? The fact that Michigan lost their last two games outright and then comes up a heavy favorite makes it believe they are the side. Take MICHIGAN!

Posted : January 1, 2018 10:28 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: