John Anthony Sports

Monday's Free Selection: Toronto Maple Leafs

Posted : January 8, 2018 9:53 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BIG AL

Our complimentary selection for Monday, Jan. 8 is:

Indiana Pacers -1.5 over Milwaukee Bucks.

Posted : January 8, 2018 9:53 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

CAPPERS ACCESS
(CFB)
Georgia

Posted : January 8, 2018 9:54 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Andrew Jett

GEORGIA CFB

Posted : January 8, 2018 9:54 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BOBBY CONN
NCAA-F | Jan 08, 2018
Alabama vs. Georgia
1* Free Play on Alabama -170

Posted : January 8, 2018 9:55 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

CAPPERS CLUB
NCAA-F | Jan 08, 2018
Alabama vs. Georgia
Georgia +5

This play just missed out on our premium card. Alabama and Georgia face off in the National title game, and in this game, the Bulldogs have the value.

The Bulldogs offense seems to clicking at the right time, putting up 54 points in the last game against Oklahoma.

For Alabama they have a good defense, but they have had trouble in a few games on the defensive side. Against Mississippi State they gave up 24, and against Auburn they gave up 26.

I would expect the Bulldogs to score right around 24 points in this game, and that will be enough to have them cover the spread.

Some trends to note. Crimson Tide are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in January. Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 bowl games.

Back the Bulldogs.

Posted : January 8, 2018 9:56 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BEN BURNS
NBA | Jan 08, 2018
Cavs vs. Wolves
OVER 220

The T-Wolves have been seeing their recent games dip below the total. However, that should change this evening. The Cavs combined with the Magic for 258 points last game, ALL of those coming in regulation. The Cavs' last game against a Western Conference opponent resulted in a 237-point affair vs. Portland. Speaking of high-scoring games, the last four meetings between these teams have ALL finished above the total. Those games had combined scores of 224, 222, 221 and 224. Expect another high-scoring affair. Consider the Over.

Posted : January 8, 2018 9:57 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

LARRY NESS

My 1* Free Play is on the Houston Rockets (8:00 EST).

The 27-11 Houston Rockets are in Chicago to take on the 14-26 Bulls and for a number of different reasons, I think this one favors the visitors.

Houston will be hungry to break a two game slide, most recently losing 108-101 in Detroit. It was a rare “off night” for the Rockets’ sharp-shooters, as Ryan Anderson and Trevor Ariza combined to go just 2 of 9 from range.

Chicago hung on for a 127-124 win over Dallas and then had a predictable letdown the following night in a 125-86 setback to Indiana in its most recent action.

Neither team is playing particularly well right now, but as mentioned off the top, I think after the back-to-back losses that the Rockets are the “hungrier” team. I’ll also point out that Houston is in fact 10-6 ATS this year after a non-conference game, while Chicago is just 1-2 ATS in its last three after allowing 115 points or more in its previous outing.

I think the Bulls have a hard time defending this focused Rockets squad. Houston is definitely worth a second look in this matchup.

Good luck…Larry

Posted : January 8, 2018 9:57 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

MIKE LUNDIN
NBA | Jan 08, 2018
Bucks vs. Pacers
Pacers-120

The Indiana Pacers got a boost from the return of leading scorer Victor Oladipo on Saturday as they managed to snap a five-game losing streak with a 125-86 rout of Chicago. Oladipo, who returned after missing four games with a sore right knee, contributed with 23 points on a stellar 9-of-11 shooting and also delivered nine assists and five steals.

I look for the Pacers to ride the momentum to another victory here when they host the Milwaukee Bucks Monday night. The Pacers will be seeking revenge for a 122-101 loss at Milwaukee last Wednesday and they're 10-6 ATS in same season revenge spots this season. "We're looking forward to it, definitely," Oladipo said. "It's going to be tough opponent, great team. We're looking forward to the opportunity to go out and compete."

The Bucks are coming off a 110-103 triumph at Washington on Saturday as Giannis Antetokounmpo logged 41 minutes on the second night of a back-to-back. Perhaps they'll pay the price tonight and I expect Indiana to run away with this game against a fatigued Bucks team.

My free pick is on Indiana Pacers.

Posted : January 8, 2018 9:58 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JEFF BENTON

Your Monday night freebie is the Over in the Bucks-Pacers contest.

Milwaukee just played Under the total on Saturday at the Washington Wizards, but their 3 games prior to that loss in DC all landed Over the total, and I say tonight's meeting at Indiana also lands Over the posted price.

Overall, the Bucks enter Monday's action on a 17-4-1 Over roll, so chances the points add up tonight against the Pacers appear pretty darn good.

Indiana has played their last 3 home games Under the posted total, but series numbers show an Over played between the teams just 5 days ago in Milwaukee, and the Over also happens to be 5-1 the last 6 meetings on the Pacers hardwood.

Bottom line, I think we are going to see some offense tonight, as the Bucks and Pacers combine for an Over on Monday night in Indiana.

2* MILWAUKEE-INDIANA OVER

Posted : January 8, 2018 9:58 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

Monday comp play release is the Bulls as the home dog against the Rockets.

The Beard is still sidelined for Houston, and of late the Rockets have been failing to launch on a regular basis.

Houston comes into the Windy City having lost their last pair of games, and 7 of their last 9 games straight up. They have also failed to cover in 8 of those 9 games, so laying a few baskets tonight on the road looks like a losing proposition from where I sit.

Chicago is just 1-4 straight up their last 5 games, but the Bulls have been making money at the ticket window, as they have gone 14-4 against the spread their last 18 games played.

Surprisingly, the Bulls are also 4-3 straight up the last 7 series meetings, and are 5-2 against the spread in those 7 tilts.

Grab the Bulls plus the points.

3* CHICAGO

Posted : January 8, 2018 11:21 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Joey Juice

Let's go over in the Houston Rockets / Chicago Bulls game as the Rockets defense has been extremely suspect as of late, allowing 118 points per game over their last 5 matchups, a trend that will continue on the road in Chicago.

While the Houston defense has been abysmal, I'm fully expecting a ton of points from both teams. I'm expecting a final score of about 120 - 115.

This one is going way over the posted total.

4* HOUSTON-CHICAGO OVER

Posted : January 8, 2018 11:23 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: