Posted : December 2, 2017 9:35 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, Saturday, December 2, 2017

12/02 04:45 PM PT / 7:45 PM ET

CF (323) FRESNO STATE VS (324) BOISE STATE

Take: (323) FRESNO STATE

Reason: Your free play for Saturday, December 2, 2017 is in the College football championship game between Fresno State and Boise State. Fresno is fresh off their win over Boise State in the regular season finale, 28-17. Fresno QB Marcus McMaryion passed for a career high 332 yards against the Broncos in their win. Fresno doesn't allow McMaryion to get sacked much, just seven times on the season. The Bulldogs are now 15-5-1 ATS in their last 21 conference games and 18-7-1 in their last 26 overall. Boise just 3-12 ATS last 15 at home. Fresno has also covered the last four in this series. Way too many points for the Broncos to be laying here on Saturday. Play Fresno State.

Posted : December 2, 2017 9:37 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Georgia at AUBURN (-2')
By Chris Jordan

My free play is on Saturday's SEC Championship, as I like the Auburn Tigers over the Georgia Bulldogs.

My biggest question in this game is the point spread, not how Auburn will win. I mean, didn't the Tigers make a statement in that 40-17 demolition a few weeks back?

The Tigers are No. 2 in the current CFB rankings, and will cement their spot in college football's final four with a dominating win. They want to - no, they need to - make a statement if they want to be the first team to break through the two-loss barrier. To do so, they need to dominate the Bulldogs in this game.

Georgia, with a win over Auburn, can put itself in a position to win its first national championship since 1980. So the Tigers aren't even going to let the Dawgs hang around in this game.

Auburn's defensive line was dominating in the first game, as it shut down Georgia after the Bulldogs went up 7-0. From there, the Dawgs netted a mere 37 yards on their next 28 offensive plays. I expect that same defensive front will be able to slow down Georgia's rushing game, and keep the Bulldogs in an uncomfortable state.

Take the Tigers, laying a low number. I mean, didn't anyone learn the first time around?

5* AUBURN

Posted : December 2, 2017 9:41 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

TCU (+7) vs. OKLAHOMA - at Arlington, TX
By Tommy Brunson

Round 2 of TCU-Oklahoma, this time from "Jerry World" in Dallas.

When last they met in Norman on November 11th, Boomer Sooner opened up to a 38-14 lead as they cruised to the 38-20 win and cover.

Don't expect things to be as easy this time around for presumed Heisman Trophy Winner - Baker Mayfield and his FIRST YEAR COACH Lincoln Riley. I capitalized FIRST YEAR, as I think that is a factor that is not being talked about all that much Riley matches wits with veteran visor-wearing Gary Patterson who would like nothing better than for his Horny Toads to knock OU out of the postseason playoff picture. Don't laugh, it could happen!

Aside from the meeting 3 weeks ago, TCU has been a "tough out" for Oklahoma since they came aboard in the Big Twelve, as the previous 5 conference meetings have been decided by no more than 7-points, with the Horned Frogs holding a 3-2 against the spread edge.

There is plenty of pressure on Oklahoma to win this one and make it to the playoffs, but again, this is Riley's first year at the helm, and his inexperience at this time of the season cannot be underestimated. While the Sooners were fantastic in winning straight up on the road this year - winning ALL 6 away from home - they were not as successful against the spread where it counts at the ticket window we are going to collect at, as OU failed 4 of their final 5 road games this year.

TCU is playing in their home state, and Coach Patterson's team has responded well to being in the underdog role, as they have picked up the ATS dog win in 10 of their last 15 when getting a spot. Couple that with Oklahoma's 1-7 spread mark their last 8 neutral site games, and those points that the Froggies are getting sure look good to me.

2* TCU

Posted : December 2, 2017 9:42 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: