Clear all

Picks: Free Service Plays for Saturday, January 6, 2018

49 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Betting news, trends, odds and predictions for Saturday, January 6, 2018 from various handicappers and websites

Posted : January 6, 2018 9:16 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BEN BURNS
NFL | Jan 06, 2018
Titans vs. Chiefs
UNDER 44½

These teams faced each other here last December, a game which had an O/U line of 43. The Titans won by a score of 19-17. On Saturday, we're getting a higher number to work with, one which is currently above the important 44 mark. I feel thats providing us with solid value.

This game figures to feature a relatively heavy dose of the run, which should help to keep the clock ticking. The Titans ran the ball 39 times last week and they'll be looking to establish the run once again. Ditto for the Chiefs, who ran the ball 32 or more times in each of their past three home games.

Including last season's result against the Titans, the Chiefs have seen 17 of their past 24 home games dip below the number. That includes a perfect 9-0 'under' mark, when playing a home game with an O/U line in the 42.5 to 45 range. I believe that those stats have an excellent shot at improving. Consider the Under.

Posted : January 6, 2018 9:17 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BEN BURNS
NFL | Jan 06, 2018
Titans vs. Chiefs
UNDER 44½

These teams faced each other here last December, a game which had an O/U line of 43. The Titans won by a score of 19-17. On Saturday, we're getting a higher number to work with, one which is currently above the important 44 mark. I feel thats providing us with solid value.

This game figures to feature a relatively heavy dose of the run, which should help to keep the clock ticking. The Titans ran the ball 39 times last week and they'll be looking to establish the run once again. Ditto for the Chiefs, who ran the ball 32 or more times in each of their past three home games.

Including last season's result against the Titans, the Chiefs have seen 17 of their past 24 home games dip below the number. That includes a perfect 9-0 'under' mark, when playing a home game with an O/U line in the 42.5 to 45 range. I believe that those stats have an excellent shot at improving. Consider the Under.

Posted : January 6, 2018 9:18 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer
Jan 06 '18, 9:00 PM in 12h
NCAA-B | San Jose State vs New Mexico
Play on: New Mexico -11 -105 at 5Dimes

I'm recommending a play on New Mexico minus the points on Saturday. San Jose State fought tooth and nail at home last time out, yet still fell short against a very flat UNLV squad. The Runnin' Rebels looked about as interested in the game in San Jose as the 1,000 or so people who were in attendance. UNLV was horrible, including committing 21 turnovers, yet held more than one double digit lead before having to hold off SJSU in OT. The Spartans could be flat after fighting back and getting to OT, only to lose. SJSU has a few big bodies, but are slow of foot. And believe it or not, the Spartans have 10 players averaging at least 10 minutes of playing time per night and not one of them has more assists than turnovers on the season. New Mexico enters on a two-game losing streak with both losses coming on the road. They won their previous three home games, averaging 84 ppg, including an 87-58 win over conference foe, Air Force. New Mexico has covered four of the last five in the series, while SJSU has dropped five in a row ATS on the road against teams with a winning home record. We're backing New Mexico minus the points on Saturday. Thanks & GL! Scott Spreitzer.

Posted : January 6, 2018 9:18 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Red Dog Sports
Jan 06 '18, 7:05 PM in 10h
NHL | Lightning vs Senators
Play on: Senators +175 at betonline

Ottawa +175

Ottawa has gone 3-2 in its last 5 home games and faces a Tampa Bay team that has a great record but playing their 4th road game in a row. Nice value on the Ottawa Senators on Saturday night.

Posted : January 6, 2018 9:19 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Teddy Covers
Jan 06 '18, 4:30 PM in 8h
NFL | Titans vs Chiefs
Play on: Titans +9 -110 at BMaker

Take the Titans (#101)

There’s been a flu bug ripping through the Chiefs complex this week, forcing the likes of Justin Houston and Travis Kelce into submission. Head coach Andy Reid is clearly concerned:

“We’ve tried to quarantine the guys the best we could, get them out of the building. Quarantine’s not the right word, but we’ve tried to get them away from the team, tried to isolate them the best we can. Things like this happen and we just kind of hope for the best there.”

It’s not like the Chiefs or Reid have a particularly good postseason track record or a good track record as chalk. KC is just 1-3 SU in the playoffs under Andy Reid, the lone win coming in 2015 against a Texans team that didn’t have anything resembling an NFL quarterback. In fact, since the start of the 2015 campaign, Reid’s Chiefs have been favored by -6.5 or more twelve times. They have more SU losses in that role (four) as they do pointspread covers (three).

The Chiefs have a matchup problem here as well. Based on Football Outsiders rankings, KC’s defense was ranked #30 overall and dead last (#32) against the run. The Titans run game has ranked in the top quartile of the NFL in each of the last two seasons. Even without RB DeMarco Murray (out), they’ve still got one of the most explosive backs in the NFL in Derrick Henry, who scored his third 65+ yard TD of the season with a ‘catch & run’ last week. Expect Tennessee to be able to move the chains on offense here.

Henry is more than a little bit fired up to take on KC this week, extremely critical of his own performance against the Jaguars last Sunday:

“I didn’t feel like a workhorse back. I kind of felt soft. “I am not really happy about that game at all. It hasn’t left my mind since the clock hit 0:00. I have been working hard this week and trying to get better than I was last week and looking forward to the game on Saturday. I just feel like I didn’t run like myself (vs Jacksonville). I wasn’t really happy. I could say other words, but I have to play better.”

And despite their consistent mediocrity this year – in sharp contrast to the Chiefs great start and finish, coupled with a dismal midseason run – the Titans have consistently hung tough in hostile environments, even against quality opposition. Since their ugly blowout at the hands of Deshaun Watson back in Week 4, the Titans have only suffered only loss by a TD or more; a -4 turnover debacle at Pittsburgh. I’m not anticipating a ‘turnover debacle’ repeat on Saturday, in a game that should be decided by a TD or less. Take the Titans.

Posted : January 6, 2018 9:20 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mike Wynn

Free Play: Free Pick Early Northern Illinois +6½ Over Ohio

Posted : January 6, 2018 9:41 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, Saturday, January 6, 2017

NFL (103) ATLANTA FALCONS VS (104) LOS ANGELES RAMS

Take: (104) LOS ANGELES RAMS

Reason: Your free play for Saturday, January 6, 2018 is in the NFL Wildcard game between the LA Rams and Atlanta Falcons. We see the top scoring team in the NFL from this year (Rams) facing last year's top scoring team (Falcons). The Falcons offense really never got going this year, dropping off over 10 points per game when offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian took over the reigns. The Rams got a new head coach and a new outlook on life, one that saw them hitting on all cylinders on offense with Goff running the show at QB and Gurley the workhorse in the back field. Rams laying just 5 to 5.5 here at home. That is too good a number for me to pass on. I'm taking the Rams here today.

Posted : January 6, 2018 9:42 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR SATURDAY: Take UNLV -9 over Utah St
_

Posted : January 6, 2018 9:42 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Totals4U