Picks: Free Service Plays for Sunday, January 28, 2018

53 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

CHRIS JORDAN

My free play for Sunday is on Wright State against Oakland.

We're talking about a pick'em game, with a game involving the best team in the Horizon League.

The Raiders are in after a win over Detroit, and that was after they suffered a loss. When the loss to UW Milwaukee snapped an eight-game winning streak, it was clear Wright State was on a mission with the way it dominated the Titans.

Tonight they're going to have plenty of confidence, as they already beat Oakland 86-81 in overtime during their trip to Michigan earlier this month.

And the Grizzlies are in for third road game in nine days and fourth straight overall.

Wright State shares the ball well, as senior Grant Benzinger leads the team with 14.6 points per game, and freshman Loudon Love averages 11.4 points and leads the team and the Horizon League with 9.1 rebounds per game.

Wright State is currently in first place at 8-1. Second-place Northern Kentucky is hosting Detroit tonight, and that should be an easy win, so the Raiders know they need to win to maintain their one-game lead.

They won't let up against the Grizzlies. Take the Raiders as a pick, or anything close.

3* WRIGHT STATE

Posted : January 28, 2018 12:48 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

ERIC SCHROEDER

My free play is on Bucknell over Boston.

Headed to the east coast for my complimentary winner tonight, as I like Bucknell minus the points against Boston.

Bucknell comes in with the better overall mark - at 14-8 - and an 8-1 mark in league play. Boston is just 11-9 and 7-2, and while I know it is very close in the Patriot League standings, I also know Bucknell has covered 10 of 13 overall.

Bucknell, which is in on a 9-3 ATS run in its last 12 road games, leads the league with 80.6 points per game and has a +1.11 assist-to-turnover margin, third-best in the conference.

Boston is going to fail in the paint, as Bucknell has the second-best offensive rebounding numbers. That means second-chance opportunities, and at the other end, if Bucknell crashes the boards early and often, the transition game will be effective.

Take Bucknell today, as it outlasts second-place Boston.

2* BUCKNELL

Posted : January 28, 2018 12:49 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Pinnacle Sports Picks

NCAA Basketball DEPAUL BLUE DEMONS +5

Posted : January 28, 2018 12:49 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy King Wins