R&R Totals FREE CBB Over-Under Sunday 1-7-18

UNDER 152 1/2 USC/Stanford

Posted : January 7, 2018 10:36 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

SCOTT SPREITZER

NC-Wilmington+4

I'm recommending a play on NC-Wilmington plus the points on Sunday. These teams met one week ago today and Delaware landed a hard-fought 58-56 win. The Seahawks led 43-36 midway through the second half, but scored just 13 points over the final 10+ minutes of game time. It took four Ryan Allen 3-pointers in the second half to put the Blue Hens over the hump. Allen has made just four 3-pointers in his last two games combined on 14 attempts. UNCW out-rebounded Delaware 45-38 and pulled down a dozen offensive rebounds, but lost because they missed 14 of 16 3-point attempts. That's highly unusual for a Delaware opponent because the Blue Hens rank 346th defending the trey, allowing teams to make over 40 percent of their attempts. In fact, Delaware has covered just 13 of their last 38 against teams that attempt at least 21 treys per contest. Meanwhile, UNCW is on a 6-0 ATS run on the road in revenge of a loss as a favorite over the last three seasons. Neither team is going to scare opponents on the defensive end, but we expect UNCW to bounce back against a normally "giving" defense. Delaware has covered just one of their last six home games and we'll go against them here. We're recommending a play on NC-Wilmington plus the points on Sunday. Thanks & GL! Scott Spreitzer.

Posted : January 7, 2018 10:37 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JESSE SCHULE

Heat-175

Utah Jazz vs Miami Heat Free Pick January 7, 2018. Playing on the road in the NBA is a tough task at the best of times, but it's even more challenging out of conference on the East Coast. The Utah Jazz have really struggled on the road, winning just three games of 19. Utah comes into Miami off a 98-91 loss at Denver, and the Jazz have lost eight of their last 10 overall. Six of those eight losses came by a double digit margin. One of those losses was a 107-83 loss at Denver. Here is what I said prior to that game: "Both the Jazz and the Nuggets are missing key players due to injury, but Denver has proven it has the depth to overcome adversity. The Nuggets have enjoyed a significant advantage at home in Denver. They are 11-3 straight up at home, and they have covered the spread in six of their last eight in Denver. The home team has won six straight in this series, and has covered the spread in all six of those games as well. Utah is just 3-13 on the road this season, only the Mavericks have lost more road games in the Western Conference. They are coming off a 103-89 home loss to Oklahoma City, and Rodney Hood struggled, hitting just 3-of-14 shots and scoring just nine points. The Jazz have lost six of their last seven road games, and they are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games following a straight up loss of more than 10 points. Nikola Jokic has averaged over 22 points per game in his last three starts, and he won't have to worry about Rudy Gobert tonight." I see no reason why we should see a dramatically different result here tonight. Take MIA. GL,
Jesse Schule

Posted : January 7, 2018 10:37 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

SCOTT RICKENBACH

College of Charleston+2½

Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach CBB Game #811 Sunday Free Pick College of Charleston Cougars (+) @ Towson Tigers @ 2 ET - Though this is a revenge game for Towson (lost at Charleston last weekend), the Cougars have simply owned the Tigers in recent meetings. Last week's victory was the 5th time in the last 6 meetings that College of Charleston has prevailed over Towson. Now, coming off of a loss Friday at Drexel, the Cougars are fired up and ready to respond and they have not lost back to back games yet this entire season. As for Towson, they are off of a win versus UNC Wilmington but the Seahawks lost 4 starters from last year's team and they're struggling badly and not nearly the team they once were. Charleston is 4-1 SU and 3-0 ATS when off of a game where they allowed 80 points or more (Friday's loss did go to OT). The Tigers are 9-14 ATS in games with a posted total in the 130s and I also see them dropping to 3-6 ATS the last 9 times they've been a home favorite of 3 points or less. Free Pick COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON

Posted : January 7, 2018 10:39 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

TOMMY BRUNSON

Small total in Jacksonville this Sunday, so let's play it Over the total.

My feeling is both Tyrod Taylor and Blake Bortles are in the playoffs for the very first time, and both were prone to turning the football over during the regular season, so there is a very real reason to believe these 2 could have some "jitters" and make a mistake or two that will lead to some short fields for the offenses to traverse, leading to points.

The Bills played their last game of the regular season Under the total, but 2 of their last 3 games, and 7 of their 11 games since the bye week have played Over the total.

The Jaguars are also off a Week 17 Under at Tennessee, but 3 of their last 4, and 4 of their final 6 games overall did play Over the total.

Series numbers show each of the past 5 meetings played between 2010 and 2016 have landed Over the total, so stick with the trends and play this AFC Wild Card meeting Over the total on the early card.

3* BUFFALO-JACKSONVILLE OVER

Posted : January 7, 2018 10:40 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JOEY JUICE

The Saints put up a combined 65 points vs Carolina this season, and the over came in both times these two teams met. Drew Brees had a ton of success in the air, while the Saints running game was huge as well.

I feel another big offensive game coming from the Saints at home, where the over is 4-0 the last 4 times these 2 teams played in New Orleans.The Panthers should be able to run the ball vs this Saints run defense, and that can open things up for Cam Newton to have some success as well.

Bottom Line, whenever these 2 teams meet, the game always seems to go over.

The over is 6-1 last 7 times these two teams faced off.

Free Pick: Over

3* CAROLINA-NEW ORLEANS OVER

Posted : January 7, 2018 10:42 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free winner for tonight is on the William & Mary Tribe, on the road, against the Drexel Dragons.

This will wrap up a three-game road trip for the Tribe, and I like the way this team has opened Colonial Athletic Association play. William & Mary is 3-0 in CAA play for the first time since 1997-98 and sits in sole possession of first place as the league's only undefeated team.

I know Drexel leads the all-time series with the Tribe at 22-14, but Bill & Mary has won five of the last eight meetings.

And make note, the Tribe is the best shooting team in the country, ranking among the top five at all three levels. William & Mary leads the country in both 3-point (46.3) and free throw (81.1) percentage, while coming in third in field goal percentage (52.2).

The Green and Gold is the only team in the country to rank among the top 20 in all three shooting categories.

On the road, the Tribe is the better team. Lay the low number and take William & Mary.

2* WILLAM & MARY

Posted : January 7, 2018 12:15 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free winner for tonight is on the Los Angeles Lakers over the Atlanta Hawks.

"You can see they're not playing for Luke no more. Luke doesn't have control of the team no more. They don't want to play for him."

The mouth that roared, continues to, from Lithuania.

And while I'll admit, the Los Angeles Lakers appear to have dropped their tenacity on defense, and don't seem to finish plays or have any intensity when guarding opponents, I'm not sure I agree with LaVar Ball's sentiments.

Lakers coach Luke Walton has a great relationship with his players, and has had one since bonding with them last summer during the rookies and first-year players' run to the Summer League championship.

The Lakers, mired in a nine-game skid, were missing Lonzo Ball for five of those losses due to a sprained shoulder. And make note, at 23.6 years of age, the Lakers are on average the youngest team in the league.

All that said, if there is one team the Lakers can respond to a nine-game skid against, it is Atlanta. The Hawks are the only team the Lakers did not lose to last season.

Confidence will be running high for the Lakers, as Atlanta is also struggling this season, as it goes through its own rebuilding growing pains. The Hawks, who have failed to cover eight of their last nine against the Pacific Division, step to the hardwood mired in a two-game skid and are the only NBA team with a worse record than Los Angeles this season.

Roll with L.A. here.

3* LAKERS

Posted : January 7, 2018 12:16 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free play run is now at 11-3 after hitting the Under in the the college football championship game between North Dakota State and James Madison.

My free play for Sunday is on the ice, as I like this game between the New Jersey Devils and New York Islanders. Two of the coldest teams in the NHL, and the question is which team gets warm before the five-day 'bye week' that restricts players from stepping foot on a frozen pond, let alone an ice rink.

The Islanders have lost five in a row, after being shutout by the visiting Pittsburgh Penguins 4-0 on Friday. The Devils have dropped four straight after falling to the Dallas Stars 4-3 on Thursday.

The Islanders haven't earned a point while mired in their losing streak, during which they've been outscored 25-8, and this has become a must-win game. Suddenly, the once high-flying, oft-scoring Isles are out of the playoff picture.

And yet as bad as the Islanders look for this game, they're still favored. Tells you something, right? The oddsmakers are begging you to take the underdog Devils, who have lost five straight on the road.

But the home team is on a 6-2 run in this series, and the Devils have lost their last seven visits to the Islanders.

Take New York here.

1* ISLANDERS

Posted : January 7, 2018 12:17 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: