Posted : December 19, 2017 12:30 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, Tuesday, December 19, 2017

12/19 06:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET

CB (527) GEORGIA TECH VS (528) GEORGIA

Take: (528) GEORGIA

Reason: Your free play for Tuesday, December 19, 2017 is in the Intrastate battle between the Georgia Bulldogs and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Georgia has just two games left before entering conference play with Ga Tech tonight and Temple up next. The Bulldogs are off a loss at U Mass, 62-72. It was just their second loss of the season, the other coming in a tourney against San Diego State, 68-75. Tech snapped its three game losing streak with a win at home over Florida A&M, 79-54. They had lost to Grambling State, Tennessee and Wofford. Two of those losses to much inferior opponents. Georgia is a 4.5 point favorite on their home court. My number makes this game into the double digits. Play Georgia.

Posted : December 19, 2017 12:31 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Akron vs. FLORIDA ATLANTIC (65 un, -110) - at Boca Raton, FL
By Tommy Brunson

It is Akron and Florida Atlantic in the Boca Raton Bowl.

Brunson to deliver another winning day!

On Saturday the first of the bowl games kicked off, and of the 5 overall games that were contested, 4 of the 5 games this past weekend landed Over the total.

Going to stick with the Over trend tonight in the Boca Raton Bowl, as Florida Atlantic comes in as the 14th ranked team in total offense this year, and the 9th ranked team in scoring with nearly 40 points per game tallied. Lane Kiffin's team gets to play this game on their home field, and Kiffin is not one to take his "foot off the gas pedal" when it comes to running up the score, so Akron had better be ready to defend, or try and keep pace with the points being lit up on the scoreboard.

Akron comes into this game having played 2 of their final 3 games, including the MAC Championship versus Toledo Over the total, while Florida Atlantic played 5 of their final 8 games Over the total.

With the early season bowl games establishing an early Over bias, let's play this Tuesday nighter in Boca Raton Over as the early bowl tally moves to 5-1 Over through the 6 games played.

1* AKRON-FLORIDA ATLANTIC OVER

Posted : December 19, 2017 12:33 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Stephen F. Austin (+13') at MISSOURI
By Chris Jordan

My free play for Tuesday is Stephen F. Austin, against Missouri.

I gave you Stephen F. Austin catching points against LSU on Saturday, and the Lumberjacks won outright. Tonight we get a great number, as the 'Jacks head into Missouri with an impressive 10-1 mark thanks to tone of the best defenses in the nation.

Stephen F. Austin ranks second in the nation in steals per game (12.9) and is tied for third with a turnover margin of +7.0. SFA leads Division I men's basketball teams in turnovers forced per game (23) and ranks second in total steals (142).

The Tigers, meanwhile, are 9-2 with their losses coming against Utah and West Virginia. But their wins include victories over Wagner, Emporia State and North Florida.

The 'Jacks are the only Southland Conference program to boast three of the top 10 scorers in the 13-team league, led by sophomore Kevon Harris (16.9 ppg), who ranks fourth in the league in scoring.

SFA already figured to challenge for the Southland Conference title this season, behind the play of TJ Holyfield, the team's leading scorer and rebounder from 2016-17, and he checks in with a league ninth-best 15.5 ppg. this season.

There is also Shannon Bogues (15.1 ppg), who ranks 11th.

JUCO-transfer John Comeaux has proven to be a nice addition off the bench, while Leon Gilmore III and Ivan Canete have always provided supporting roles for Holyfield.

Take the underdog here.

5* STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Posted : December 19, 2017 12:34 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Power Sports NBA

New Orleans vs. Washington
Tue, Dec 19 7:00 PM
Pick: New Orleans

1* New Orleans (7:05 ET): Tough spot to lay points w/ the Wizards, who are likely not over the disappointment of losing to Cleveland (yet again) at home on Sunday. That was my 10* Game of the Week (on the Cavs!) and the Wiz faltered down the stretch badly, scoring only 16 pts in the fourth quarter. As is usually the case, they had zero answers for LeBron James. Meanwhile, the Pelicans come into tonight well rested as they have not played since Friday (lost at Denver). Take the points.

Coming into this season, I expected New Orleans to find itself on the fringes of playoff participation, which is precisely where they're at right now. They are tied for 7th in the West, at exactly .500 (15-15 SU) w/ OKC. Thanks to the decline of the Clippers, I imagine we'll have four teams battling for three spots in the conference: New Orleans, Portland, Denver and Utah. (I have GSW, Hou, SA, Min and OKC all as "safe" playoff teams). True to form, the Pelicans have alternated wins and losses throughout December. They are 9-5 SU and 10-4 ATS off a loss this season.

New Orleans led Denver by as many as 10 in the fourth quarter Friday, before falling in overtime. So they should be very eager to take the court tonight. Defying the league-wide trend of "playing small," the Pelicans have their "Twin Towers" of Davis and Cousins and I think they present a nightmare matchup for Washington. The Wiz did take both matchups last year, but I'll take the points in the double revenge spot. 1* New Orleans

Posted : December 19, 2017 12:38 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Will Rogers NBA

Cleveland vs. Milwaukee
Tue, Dec 19 8:00 PM

Pick: Cleveland

Today's free play is on the Cavs (1*)

Posted : December 19, 2017 12:40 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brandon Lee
Dec 19 '17, 7:00 PM
NCAA-F | Akron vs Florida Atlantic
Play on: Florida Atlantic -22½ -110

10* FREE NCAAF PICK (FAU -22.5)

This is the biggest spread in bowl history. Normally I'm not one to lay this many points in a bowl game, but I think we have a unique scenario where it's worth a shot to play FAU here. The Owls were the best team in C-USA and it wasn't even close. This team has gotten better and better as the season has went on and have a chance to secure their 11th victory with a win tonight. I know the fans were hoping for a better destination, but there's nothing wrong with playing at home and while the fans might not be happy about where they are playing, they are going to show up in full force for this team.

The biggest thing for me is that FAU head coach Lane Kiffin is someone that loves running up the score and I think he's going to be out to not just win here but embarrass Akron. The Zips are certainly a team they can win by 24 plus against. Akron played in the MAC title game, but this is not a good team. The MAC was simply way-down this year. The Zips come in ranked 118th in total offense and 98th in total defense. They aren't going to be able to stop the Owls from scoring at will and simply don't have the offense to keep pace. Keep in mind they just lost in the MAC title game to Toledo by 17 and that was a bit of a fluke, as they trailed 38-0 in the 2nd half. Give me FAU -22.5!

Posted : December 19, 2017 1:36 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott Rickenbach
Dec 19 '17, 7:05 PM
NHL | Ducks vs Rangers
Play on: Ducks +155

Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach NHL Game #57 Tuesday Free Pick Anaheim Ducks Money Line (+) @ New York Rangers @ 7:05 ET - The Rangers are off of back to back big wins over the Kings and Bruins. That certainly holds significance here as only twice this season have the Rangers managed to have a winning streak eclipse two straight victories. As for the Ducks, they'll be hungry here as they lost last night at New Jersey despite getting a 3-1 lead and then watching it dissipate and then result in a late loss. Emotions now running high for Anaheim as they also lost 3-2 at Washington Saturday and they played quite well in that game plus had won 3 of their 4 prior games. Anaheim responds off of the frustrating back to back defeats here and, in doing so, improves to 47-34 when off of a non-conference game. The Ducks will have John Gibson back between the pipes for this one! Anaheim has won 28 of 46 when off of a game where they allowed 4 goals or more and the Ducks have won 23 of 38 when they enter a game having played each of their 3 prior games on the road. As for the Rangers, they could get caught looking ahead to a huge game against the Devils who are currently leading their division. That game is coming up on Thursday and the road dog proves to be the hungrier team here. Free Pick ANAHEIM

Posted : December 19, 2017 1:37 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Northcoast

Tulsa +13

Posted : December 19, 2017 2:18 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Sacramento at PHILADELPHIA (-9')
By Jack Brayman

My free pick is going to be the Philadelphia 76ers minus the points against the visiting Sacramento Kings. This number is down a couple of points from the overnight, and it's likely because the 76ers lost to the Chicago Bulls last night, but I'm not falling for that.

With Joel Embiid back on the court, the Sixers will rebound nicely, and snap this two-game skid.

Sacramento has also lost two straight, getting thumped in Minnesota by 23 on Thursday and by 15 in Toronto on Sunday. Now playing their third road game in seven days, in the midst of a four-game road trip, the Kings won't be able to keep up with an angry Sixers team that has lost six of seven.

If there is one game Philly can shake the funk and turn it around, it's this one.

4* 76ERS

Posted : December 19, 2017 3:50 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

John Martin
NBA | Kings vs 76ers
Play on: Kings +9½ -103

1 Unit FREE PLAY on Sacramento Kings +9.5 This is a pretty good spot to fade the Philadelphia 76ers. They will be playing the 2nd of a back-to-back after losing 115-117 in Chicago last night. They have now gone just 1-6 SU & 1-6 ATS in their last seven games overall. Now they’d have to win by double-digits to beat us Tuesday night as 9.5-point favorites over the Sacramento Kings. The Kings will be playing just their 2nd game in 5 days and will be ready to go tonight. Sacramento has been on a nice 7-4-1 ATS run over its last 12 while being mostly competitive. The Kings are 5-1-1 ATS in their last seven games following a loss. The underdog is 7-0 ATS in the last seven meetings between these teams. Give me the Kings.

Posted : December 19, 2017 3:51 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Totals Guru
NHL | Red Wings vs Islanders
Play on: UNDER 6 -105

Free Total Annihilator On Red Wings vs Islanders under 6 -105

Posted : December 19, 2017 3:52 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: