Top Shelf Sports Pick

NBA TORONTO RAPTORS ‑235

Posted : January 30, 2018 11:56 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Kenny White "Wizard of Odds"

CLEMSON +1 (-110)

I thought last year was the year Clemson was going to jump into the top four of the ACC. Well, the TIgers went 17-16 and just 6-12 in conference play. But six of those losses came by a total of nine points. This season they're 17-4 overall, 6-3 in the ACC. Clemson is 11-0 SU and 7-1 ATS at home. The Tigers lost at Chapel Hill on Jan. 16 by eight points, pushing the closing pointspread. UNC is just 3-3 in true road games. Clemson snaps its 10-game skid in the series tonight.

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:22 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Spartan
2* Auburn

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:22 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Teddy Davis
Jan 30 '18, 7:00 PM in 7h
NCAA-B | Buffalo vs Kent State
Play on: Kent State +7 -105 at 5Dimes

Buffalo is the best team in the MAC there is no debating that. They are a perfect 8-0 in conference play right now. I just think now odds makers are giving them to much credit. Kent St isn't going to lay over and fold here. They are 5-3 in conference play have won 4 of their last 5 and have covered 4 straight. I think Kent St will keep this one close tonight.

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:24 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Matt Fargo
Jan 30 '18, 8:05 PM in 8h
NHL | Lightning vs Jets
Play on: Jets +105 at 5Dimes

We had this game circled just before the break as we played against the Jets in their last game which resulted in a 4-3 shootout loss against Anaheim. That ended a three-game winning streak while putting the close on a run of having played six of their last seven games on the road. The Jets are still leading the Central Division although it is now down to a point over Nashville but there could be some big separation from now until February 20 as Winnipeg begins a 10-game homestand. The Predators have three games in hand so a big homestand is necessary and getting off to a good start is important. The Jets are 17-3-1 at home and going back to last season, they have lost just four times in their last 27 home games. Steve Mason gets the start in goal and while he has been inconsistent, his last eight games have all been on the road. It will not be easy against Tampa Bay which leads the Eastern Conference with 71 points, but the line is being kept in check because of that. The Lightning have won three straight road games, but they are just 4-3 in their last seven road games Going back, the Lightning are 32-67 in their last 99 road games against teams with a home winning percentage of greater than .600. This is a revenge game for the Jets which lost in overtime in Tampa Bay in December. Play (16) Winnipeg Jets

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:24 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Ben Burns
Jan 30 '18, 7:05 PM in 7h
NHL | Devils vs Sabres
Play on: Devils +100 at 5Dimes

The All Star Break probably came at a better time for the Devils than it did for the Sabres. While New Jersey was on a losing streak before the break, the Sabres entered the break on a rare 3-game winning streak. When rolling like that, a team would typically like to keep playing. A closer look at those Buffalo victories reveals that they came on the road, against Western Conference teams. Playing at home hasn't exactly been helpful for the Sabres; they're 6-14 here. Both this season's meetings between these teams were taken by the visiting team. The Sabres won 4-3 at NJ. However, the Devils won 6-2 here, at Buffalo. That marked their fifth straight win here at Buffalo. The Devils won those five games by a combined 17-7 margin. While its been a tough start to 2018, the Devils are still alive in the playoff race. That said, they know they need to turn it around immediately. Look for them to return from the break with some renewed energy, taking advantage of a visit to a venue which has been kind to them. Consider NJ

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:25 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Ray Monohan
Jan 30 '18, 8:35 PM in 9h
NHL | Kings vs Stars
Play on: UNDER 5½ -125

Los Angeles vs. Dallas Under 5.5

The Kings and Stars battle Tuesday and the Under here has some value to work with.

Both of these teams are in the top tier of the NHL when it comes defense.

Los Angeles is allowing just 2.47 goals per game, while Dallas is at 2.64 on the season. Both of these teams have goaltenders that are able to cover the puck and rarely give up 2nd chances in front of net.

Both of these teams have trended to the Under situationally as well. The Under is 31-15-7 in Kings last 53 road games and the Under is 6-2 in Stars last 8 following a home loss of 3 or more goals.

Expect very limited scoring opportunities here in this one.

Back Under.

Good Luck, Razor Ray.

Tuesday 5* FREE NHL O/U Play

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:26 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Joseph D'Amico
NBA | Nuggets vs Spurs
Play on: Spurs -7 -105 at 5Dimes

I got you paid again LN in the NBA to bring my current HOT STREAK up to 15-6-1. Today, I continue to dominate in pro basketball with my NBA 53-14 SLAM DUNK PLAY. I also have my HIGHEST-RATED play of the day in my NCAAB MAC GAME OF THE MONTH. My college hoops CONFERENCE GOM's are 66%. Get on both and get rich.

Take San Antonio.

Game 514.

5:35 pm pst.

Denver has played without rest 3 times this month, going 0-3 both SU and ATS, losing by a combined 45 points. The Nuggets played a barnburner LN, in a tiring, 111-110 loss to the Celtics at home and now must travel to San Antonio to face a Spurs team that has won and covered the L4 meetings, by an average of 24.7 PPG. Not only is San Antonio one of the best teams in the League (despite playing most of their games without Kawhi Leonard), but they dominate at home, with a 21-4 SU mark, going 17-7-1 ATS. The team owns the #1 defense in the NBA, yielding just 97.4 PPG. The Favorite is 16-5 ATS the L21 meetings in this series. The Nuggets are 0-3-1 ATS their L4 games played on the road and 0-6-1 ATS their L8 games played overall. The Spurs are 7-2 ATS their L9 games played at home and 6-1-1 ATS their L8 games played vs. Western Conference opponents. Take San Antonio. Thank you.

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:26 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mike Lundin
NBA | Nuggets vs Spurs
Play on: Spurs -7 -105 at 5Dimes

The home team is 5-1 ATS in the last six meetings in this series and the San Antonio Spurs are catching the Nuggets at a good time here, with the visitors playing on no rest following a 111-110 loss against the Celtics home in Denver last night.

The Spurs have had an extra day of rest following a 113-98 victory over the Sacramento Kings and they're 14-4-2 ATS in their last 20 games playing on one days rest and 7-2 ATS in their last nine home games.

The Nuggets haven't won in San Antonio in nearly six years and the Spurs have won and covered the spread in four straight meetings, the most recent a 112-80 triumph here at AT&T Center earlier this month.

My free pick is on San Antonio Spurs.

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:27 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Joey Juice

Let’s Back The Knicks as they look to sweep the pathetic Nets, who lost their 3rd straight game, and 6th in the last 8 to Minnesota on Saturday. Knicks are happy to return home where they have been very successful this season. They come off a 3-4 road trip having crushed Phoenix in their last game. The Knicks are only 4 games back for the final playoff spot and will be making a push the entire rest of the season to try and beat the teams they are supposed to beat. The Nets are one of those teams.

For the Nets, Russel is back from Knee surgery, but clearly hasn’t regained his true from yet. The Nets rely heavily on jump shots and simply wont be able to keep pace with the Knicks who can put big numbers up at home.

Bottom Line, the Knicks own the Nets, and are certainly motivated to take care of business as they hone in on that 8th and final playoff spot that they desire.

The Nets have no answer for Porzingis, and with the recent addition of Trey Burke into the lineup, every Knicks guard is trying extra hard to earn their spots. All of this amounts to extra effort, extra defense, and more wins then anyone thought they would ever get this season.

Knicks win by double digits and easily cover this spread.

3* NEW YORK

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:29 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

Tuesday's free play will be to play against Minnesota, as they flew north to Toronto last night after taking it on the chin in Atlanta 105-100.

The Timberwolves have struggled mightily away from the Target Center, as they are on a 1-7 run both straight up and against the spread after last night's setback in Atlanta.

Minny did defeat Toronto in their most recent showdown on January 20th, 115-109 as the +1 1/2 point home underdog, but they bring a rather unsightly 13-game series losing streak in Toronto onto the hardwood tonight when they face the rested Raptors.

Toronto had the night off last night, and are fresh off a home win and cover over the Lakers in their last game. It was Toronto's 4th win in their last 6 games. The Raptors are 10-3 against the spread during their 13-game home winning streak over the Timberwolves, and are 19-7 overall the past 26 meetings versus the number.

Go ahead and lay the wood with Toronto tonight.

4* TORONTO

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:30 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

So check it, rather than just give you the free pick, I thought I'd take you along with me through games that stood out and I gave extra thought to, before crossing it off my list. Gives you an idea of possibly something you're missing, or are seeing, but want to be careful of getting trapped.

I was looking at Buffalo, which just completed a three-game road sweep, and will play its first home game since Jan. 20, when they lost to Dallas, 7-1. The crowd will be hyped, while the Sabres are bringing momentum. The Devils are in on an 0-4 slide, including two shutout losses, and opens the second half on road. Problem is, there was no early line, and I don't want to wait for reasons I'm unaware.

I was looking at the Carolina Hurricanes. They're playing well and open the second half at home against Ottawa. But that may not be as easy as it sounds, as the Sens stumble in having lost five straight and with nothing really to lose. The only thing they can do is play better. Carolina has been home during the break, had five days off, and may look at tonight as a sixth day off. I don't trust it.

The same can be said for Nashville, as it awaits Chicago after the Preds have had time to rest, and you'd think will come in refreshed. But the Blackhawks could come in with a purpose and catch Nashville off-guard.

I also considered the New York Islanders, at home after knocking off the Golden Knights in Vegas, something only two other teams in the league have done. I think the Isles beat visiting Florida, but I'm not ready to lay a big price, nor am I willing to lay the puck line against the Panthers.

The Tampa Bay-Winnipeg game would have been fun to handicap, but there are too many question marks on injuries. The Jets could have had great value.

So my free play is the Columbus Blue Jackets over the Minnesota Wild.

The Wild come off the break after closing the first half of the season with a 6-3 thumping in Pittsburgh, as the two-time defending Stanley Cup champion Penguins were led by Evgeni Malkin, who scored two power-play goals.

The Blue Jackets, meanwhile, finished up a two-game junket through Vegas and Arizona with a 2-1 win over the Coyotes to split the trip.

Columbus, which is 16-8 at home, has the league's fourth-best home penalty kill, allowing just nine goals in 69 attempts.

The Wild, who are a dismal 9-14-1 with a suitcase in hand, are also good at home on the penalty kill, ranking second. But on the road, they rank 26th in the league when short-handed.

The Blue Jackets have won three-straight in the series and are 8-2-0 the past 10 meetings. Columbus own seven of the 10 shutouts in the series, including the most recent one by netminder Sergei Bobrovsky, back in March of 2017. Bobrovsky just collected his 200th career NHL win on Jan. 2 at Dallas, and will be ready to start the second half with a win.

If Columbus can get past the Wild, it will carry momentum into Friday's game with San Jose.

4* BLUE JACKETS

Posted : January 30, 2018 12:32 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: