Topic starter

Free Selection from Kenny Towers

Un 130.5 VA/FSU - NCAAB

Posted : February 7, 2018 2:00 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

If there was a chance of St. John's surprising Villanova this Wednesday night, that all went out the window when Chris Mullin''s team upset Duke at home over the weekend as the double-digit underdog.

The Red Storm find themselves the double-digit underdog once again, and while they did indeed cover the first meeting between the schools - losing by only 7 as the +11 1/2 point dog on January 13th - I don't see them staying close tonight. I see a major hangover after the Saturday upset of the Blue Devils.

Villanova has not missed much of a beat with the loss of guard Phil Booth, as they have won all 3 games in his absence, and have covered in their last pair of wins both as double-digit favorites.

The Wildcats are 6-3 against the spread in their lined home games this season, while the Red Storm stand at only 4-7 against the spread in their lined away games this year.

With the points the Johnnies have managed a 4-4 spread split in the last 8 meetings - all straight up losses - tonight the Wildcats stretch the margin.

Lay away with Villanova.

2* VILLANOVA

Posted : February 7, 2018 2:01 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free play for tonight is on the Richmond Spiders against the Virginia Commonwealth Rams. Tonight marks the second meeting, and Richmond already has a win over the Rams.

Richmond (8-14, 6-4) beat VCU 67-52 on its court, the Siegel Center, back on Jan. 17. Tonight in Richmond, I don't know if the Rams (14-9, 6-4) will have an an answer and will be able to avoid the sweep.

The Spiders are 5-1 in their last six games following a 3-13 start to the season, and are playing their best basketball right now.

Richmond, which was 2-10 during its non-conference slate, played the nation’s 19th-most difficult non-conference schedule, according to RPI.

Take the small home pup, and if you like, get you some on the moneyline with the live dog.

2* RICHMOND

Posted : February 7, 2018 2:02 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free play run is now at 27-17-1.

Let's head back to the ice for tonight's free play, as I like the Los Angeles Kings to get the money against the visiting Edmonton Oilers. Two nights back I told you the Oilers would defeat the NHL-leading Tampa Bay Lightning. Tonight we're siding against Edmonton, which will struggle on the road.

Los Angeles has a 13-9-3 mark at home, and puts one of the league's best goalies on ice, in Jonathan Quick. The Kings catch Edmonton off that big win over Tampa, as the Oilers might be due for a letdown.

The Kings boast one of the best special teams in the NHL, ranking eighth with their power play at home and No. 1 overall with their penalty kill. That could be troubling for Edmonton, especially on the road.

Los Angeles has had some time off since its last game, played Saturday at home against Arizona. The Kings won 6-0, so momentum is in their favor. And, the Kings won the first game of the series against the Oilers in a decisive 5-0 shutout in Edmonton, where the Kings scored three power play goals all in the third period.

I'll side with the home chalk here, as special teams and momentum will get us the dub with the Kings.

2* LOS ANGELES

Posted : February 7, 2018 2:03 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

sleepyj

Wake/Mia-FL UNDER 143

Posted : February 7, 2018 2:44 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JR ODonnell

713 Maryland Terrapins
vs. 714 Penn State Nittany Lions

Penn State

Analysis
1* FREE CBB to the Nits a huge revenger here gang vs these Maryland Terps, Terps won 75-69 last game out Jan 2nd .. Power Rated @ Nits - 7 flat as the Nits match up extremely well vs the Terps .. Terps 1-3 vs the line last 4 in this spot & Nits a smooth 7-1 ats home chalk as the favorite of 3 to 6 points.. PSU a 7 point winner

Posted : February 7, 2018 2:51 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd
Feb 08 '18, 8:00 PM in 4h
NCAA-B | North Dakota State vs Oral Roberts
Play on: North Dakota State -1 -110 at YouWager

Free Pick on North Dakota State -

I like the value here with the Bison at basically a pick'em on the road against the Golden Eagles. North Dakota State is clearly the better team in this one and I just don't see the home court edge being big enough for Oral Roberts to swing this in their favor.

The Bison have a very efficient offense that ranks 36th in field goal percentage (48%) and 50th in 3-point shooting (38.4%). The Golden Eagles are allowing opponents to shoot 46.6% from the field (298th) and 36.1% from long distance (248th). North Dakota State should have no problem lighting up the basket here and I just don't see Oral Roberts being able to keep pace, as the Bison are a decent defensive team.

The Golden Eagles are also just 1-9 ATS in their last 10 home games vs a team that is hitting 37% or better from 3-point range at least 15 games into the season. They are also just 1-9 ATS in their last 10 games following a conference road loss. Take North Dakota State!

Posted : February 8, 2018 4:24 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: