3% Boston College
2% Pitt

Posted : December 26, 2009 1:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BLACK WIDOW

6* Widow Wiseguy BC/USC Emerald Bowl Surefire USC -7

USC has a chance to set the record for most bowl wins in the history of college football Saturday. Pete Carrol's team will be ready to go knowing this, and they won't let up against Boston College. Hard to see too many Golden Eagle fans making the trip clear out to San Francisco, CA for this bowl game, so the Trojans will clearly have home-field advantage. Boston College is just 2-3 S.U. & 1-4 ATS in road games this season, scoring a miniscule 14.0 points/game. Their offense isn't nearly as explosive as the Trojans, and they won't be able to score enough points to keep up with USC Saturday. The Eagles are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games in December. The Eagles are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 neutral site games. USC is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 bowl games. That adds up to a 16-2 (89%) ATS Angle backing the Trojans. Take USC and lay the points.

5* W iseguy NBA Bounce-Back BLOOD BATH L.A. Lakers -6

After getting embarrassed on Christmas Day in a 15-point loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Lakers take their anger out on the Sacramento Kings tonight. This play also falls under a system that is 31-8 (80%) over the last 5 seasons. It tells us to back road favorites of 3.5 to 9.5 points, which would be the Lakers here, a team that is outscoring opponents by 3+ points per game coming off a loss by 15 points or more. There's no question that these good teams like the Lakers know how to bounce back from a bad loss. Take the Lakers and lay the points.

Posted : December 26, 2009 1:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NHL PRO PICKS

NY Islanders +155
Carolina +103
Ottawa +172
Columbus +145
Tampa Bay -102 (bet to win 1 unit)
Edmonton +187
Anaheim +201

Posted : December 26, 2009 1:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Ryan

Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings
Play: Sacramento Kings +6.5

Ai Simulator 5* graded play on Sacramento as they host the Lakers set to start at 10:05 EST. AiS shows a 72% probability that Sacramento will lose this game by 6 or fewer points. Yesterday’s loss was a huge physical and emotional one for the Lakers and even they will have trouble rebounding within a 24 hour period for this game. Supporting this graded play is a system that has produced a record of 83-47 ATS since 2004. Play on dogs that are explosive offensive teams scoring 103+ points/game on the season facing an opponent after allowing 100 points or more 2 straight games. AiS shows an 88% probability that the Lakers will commit between 13 and 17 turnovers. Note that they are just 3-11 ATS (-9.1 Units) in games where they commit 13 to 17 turnovers this season. Take the Kings.

Posted : December 26, 2009 1:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KEITH FREDRICK

USC vs. Boston College
Pick: USC -7

Over the years I have developed a Bowl Analysis Model that I think looks at bowls differently from any other I have seen. My BAM goes in depth to compare actual team value vs percieved team value. Once isolated it indicates what team (if there is one, sometimes no edge is found) is the beneficiary of line over reaction, and these are Single Unit Bowl Plays. If, after I handicap the game, my conclusion matches up with the analysis, those become Double or even the occasional Triple Unit play. In this game I have Southern Cal +2 in the BAM ratings, a decent number, but it is the other handicap of the game that earns the Trojans a place on this ticket. USC is 4-1 in bowls the last five seasons against better foes than this (prev 5 were BCS games) and won all four of those games by double digits. The only loss in that span came against Vince Young and Texas, and to borrow a quote from Lloyd Bensten's 1988 vice presidential debate against Dan Quayle (yes, I am dating myself, look it up kids), "I know that Texas team, a great team, and Boston College, you are no Texas." BC lost to all three bowl eligible teams they played this season on the road, and seeing as how this is in USC's home state and thus fans that do not normally get to see them live will have that chance, I see them posting a two touchdown win here.

Posted : December 26, 2009 1:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

James Patrick Sports

5* Pot of Gold - North Carolina Tar Heels

The question to be answered in this Bowl Game is whether the Pitt Panthers can pick up the shattered pieces of BCS dreams, as the Panthers were a minute away from an upset of Cincinnati (45-44) and a trip to the Sugar Bowl two weeks ago and lost a (21) point lead. That game was proceeded by a crushing defeat against their arch rival West Virginia (19-16). Pitt does play them close as evidenced by their three defeats this season by an average of (3.7) points. North Carolina lost to Virginia and the Tar Heels ended the season with a disappointing loss to rival NC State but also defeated Virginia Tech in Blacksburgh and Miami of Florida this season. A pair of good defenses but we'll side with UNC DC Everett Withers as he boasts the 6th best "D" in the country and it's loaded with speed at linebacker and in the secondary. A virtual home game for the Heels as Chapel Hill is just (65) miles from Charlotte and the fan base will be dominant in Carolina Blue. North Carolina is (3-1) ATS in Bowl Game action against the Big East and played their best football at seasons end with a run of (4-1) ATS their final five games. Dave Wannstedt just doesn't seem to be able to get the "W"in a big game and Pitt was shutout last year by Oregon State in the Sun Bowl. Butch Davis in his own backyard is looking real good to us here.

Posted : December 26, 2009 1:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BEN BURNS

10* PF - USC
9* BB - WARRIORS
8* NETS OVER

Posted : December 26, 2009 1:49 pm
Page 4 / 6
Share: