Re: Free Picks: Premium Service Plays for Wednesday, December 30, 2009

62 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SAMMY JANKUS

Always play the OTHER SIDE of my game writeups.

Nebraska vs Arizona
4* Arizona -1.5

Wow, the Huskers got ROBBED in the Big 12 championship game when Texas QB ‘Dolt’ McCoy ran out the clock on the game’s final play – only to be rescued by a Texas timekeeper who put one second back so the Horns could kick the winning field goal. I have no clue why the Wildcats are favored over a vastly superior Nebraska team. With Husker NT Ndamukong Suh shutting down the Wildcats offense, I think Big Red wins in a runaway – so your play is on ARIZONA.

Posted : December 24, 2009 11:19 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Inner Circle Shocker

UTAH Jazz VS MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES
TAKE: MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

Utah is strong at home, but just 5-9 on the road, yet they are a big road favorite here. This is their 6th road game over the last 8 games. Two weeks ago they were a 13-point home favorite over this young Minnesota team, and lost 110-108. The Wolves have won consecutive games last week for the first time since last April, and four of seven games after starting the season 3-21. The Timberwolves have been better since 7-footer Kevin Love came back, joining Al Jefferson up front and Damien Wilkins. Minnesota is 2-0 SU/ATS against the Jazz this season, dominating the glass (48-36) when they met the last time. The Jazz seemed content with trying to outscore the Timberwolves rather than slow them down and Utah got burned in the end. That is common with teams that rely more on offense than defense. Excellent value here with the improving home dog. Play the Timberwolves.

Posted : December 30, 2009 8:14 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Double Dragon

HYDRA
NEBRASKA +1

IDAHO +3 (-120)

Posted : December 30, 2009 8:15 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

50 DIME - BOWLING GREEN-IDAHO OVER - I can't see this game not going over the posted total.

Of all the bowl games we have this year, this game has the 2nd highest posted total on the board at it's current number of 68.

Let's start with SMU-Nevada which closed at 71, and was never even close with a 45-10 final while just the other night A&M/Georgia was posted at 66 and they sniffed it at 44-20.

However, this game between these two is a whole different ball game entirely.

The strength of both offenses plays right into the weakness of both defenses and normally when you get something like that it is flat out a shootout.

Bowling Green will air it out with Tyler Sheehan to Freddie Barnes against the 113th pass defense in the entire country that hasn't had an INT since October.

Idaho will run the ball against the 103rd rush defense in the entire country, and they will get their big plays on the ground.

In a near pick'em game, Vegas is telling you this game will go right down to the wire and it wouldn't suprise me if we had OT.

Their last game of the year Idaho played Utah State and they combined 101 points in a 52-49 Idaho win over a Utah State who threw for close to 400 yards with the 35th best passing attack.

Bowling Green has the 8th best with the best receiver in the country playing the last game of his collegiate career 5 catches short of the NCAA record for catches in a season.

The Falcons scored over 30 points in 8 of their 12 games this year while Idaho surpassed that mark in 7 of their 12.

I will come strong with the Over (68 points as I type this), and call for the most entertaining bowl game so far with big plays, a ton of points and who has the ball last wins, maybe in OT.

50 DIME - ARIZONA WILDCATS - I will let Nebraska get all the hype they want coming off the near miss of beating Texas but the fact still remains, they have no offense.

And the bottom line for me in this game is the fact if you are going to cover a number like this you have got to be able to put some points on the board and Nebraska has trouble doing that.

This line has moved to the Cornhuskers being the favorite and getting value with what I feel is the better team and believe it or not is the better overall defense, I will gladly take the points.

Nebraska was 1 second away from a BCS bowl berth, and that has got to still weigh heavily on their mind here regardless of what they portray to the press.

This game will come down who is able to make more plays offensively when they are their to make and Arizona has that edge, especially with Nebraska starting true freshman Green.

Green will be asked to manage the game, take no chances, do not turn the ball over and let's keep the game close and win it with my defense or special teams in the 4th quarter.

That may sound great and look good on paper but asking a true freshman to do that against a well scouted defense who will be perfectly game planed will play right into the hands of Arizona.

Wouldn't suprise me if before games end Pelini benches the true freshman and looks for Lee to rally them.

I will ride the Arizona Wildcats in this game who's defense will match up really well with anything Nebraska tries to do offensively and call for this small dog to win the game outright.

50 DIME - NEBRASKA-ARIZONA UNDER - This total is posted at 40 1/2 for a reason.

It's because of the Nebraska defense. Plain and simple.

They are ranked 8th nationally in overall defense, and after their performance against Texas in the Big 12 Championship Game they deserve all the hype they get.

However, don't lose sight of Arizona and their defense which matched up against the poor excuse of a Nebraska offense, will look very good as well.

This game will be much like an NFL game in it's approach by the two head coaches which will consist of playing the field position game and look for my defense to make a play.

Games stay Under the total because teams settle for field goals instead of touchdowns when they get in the red zone, and I see that being the case here as well.

My dollar is going to be on the Under here as defense will be the name of the game here and I will force these offenses to find a way to get over this number.

Personally, I just don't see it.

FREE SELECTION - BOWLING GREEN FALCONS

Posted : December 30, 2009 11:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NELLY

Arizona vs. Nebraska
Pick: Arizona +3

No team gained more attention championship weekend than Nebraska despite the Huskers losing the game and featuring a pathetic offensive performance. With a BCS spot on the line Nebraska posted a grand total of 106 yards of offense. Nebraska’s defense is outstanding but Arizona brings an excellent offensive resume, averaging nearly 30 points per game through a very tough schedule. Arizona lost four games but none by more than ten points and although Nebraska was able to slow down the Texas pass offense, the worst game of the season came against the Texas Tech air attack. Nebraska is a tough team to run against but the Huskers struggled against the pass in several games despite finding ways to win, notably against Oklahoma and Colorado, games they probably deserved to lose. Arizona appeared to be lining up for a Rose Bowl spot before Oregon made a miraculous comeback to spoil those plans. Even after a very disheartening loss like that Arizona rebounded to win the final two games on the road at Arizona State and at USC, showing a lot about this team. While Nebraska’s defense will get a lot more attention, Arizona allowed just 316 yards per game on the year while facing a much tougher slate of offensive opponents. Nebraska will likely keep the ball on the ground and run a conservative offense but Arizona is one of the best teams in the Pac-10 against the run, averaging only 112 yards per game. Nebraska will have no chance to keep up if Arizona can turn this game into a shootout. Arizona sophomore QB Nick Foles made a name for himself with several big games and he can carry the team. Last year was the breakthrough bowl appearance for Arizona in the Stoops era and the Wildcats played well to beat a highly regarded BYU team. Bo Pelini led the Huskers to a bowl win last season but Nebraska is a team that was very fortunate to win in several games and actually was out-gained in five of the final six games of the year, despite only one loss in that stretch. Arizona faced eight teams that are playing in bowl games enduring one of the toughest schedules in the nation and this is a program ready to make a national statement.

Posted : December 30, 2009 11:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BEN BURNS

10* Arizona + 2.5

9* New Orleans -1

6* San Jose -140

Posted : December 30, 2009 12:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter