Notifications
Clear all

NCAA FOOTBALL....... 2003 REVENGE GAMES ( part 2 )

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@fingerlakes)
Famed Member
Topic starter

AS I stated in my first post, I will be using these games as a guideline for my football handicapping and will consider other factors before placing my wagers. After going over all of the facts and figures, in my opinion it is still the team with the most reasons to play hard that will reward the gambler with a positive cash flow.

ACC :

11/01/03....Fla St at N.D.
In keeping with the go against N.D. theory I think Fla St gets some revenge here. Last yr they lost at home to the Irish 34-24 in a game where their turnover margin was -5. The fact that this game is in So Bend should keep the line reasonable.

11/13/03.....Va at Md
In 2003 the Terps offense looks to be in good shape with QB McBrien and RB Perry back from injury and rounding into his 2001 form. The Terps also return 9 starters on D. I look for them to avenge last years 48-13 loss in Charlottesville.

10/18/03.....Wake at Duke
There might be some cash to be made playing the Dookies in 2003.They were much improved in 2002 although their record didn't show it. This is the season where Coach Franks hard work should begin to pay off.The Deacons are not what they were last year and I look for the Blue Devils to get some payback for last years 36-10 loss at Wake.

10/4/03.....N.C. St at Ga. Tech
When St lost at home to Tech last year ( 24-17 ) they were 9-0 and it was the first of 3 consecutive losses for them. Tech is a little down this year and State with Heisman hopeful Rivers at QB is a top 10 team in some polls.I look for a different result this year.

PAC 10 :

9/27/03....Wash St at Oregon
The Ducks lost in Pullman last year 32-21 to the Cougar 2002 juggernaut. This year Wash St is without their coach and all star QB from last year. I look for a much different result in Eugene in 2003.

10/25/03...USC at Wash
Last year the Carson Palmer led Trojans beat the Huskies in L.A. 41-21. This year the high powered Wash offense will be led by preseason Heisman fave QB Pickett. The Husky D has also improved and I look for them to avenge last years loss to the men of Troy.

11/1/03...Cal at Ariz St
Last year Cal won at ASU 55-38 they have to travel there again this year.This will be a problem for the Bears as they will be a bottom feeder in the Pac 10 this year and many experts pick the Sun Devils to win that league in 2003.

Conf USA :

9/4/03...So Miss at UAB
The Blazers will be a good team in 2003 guided by veteran coach Watson Brown. They lost at home to So Miss last year 20-13 and have them at home again this year. The Golden Eagles don't appear to be as competetive as in past years.

11/8/03...Tulane at UAB
For all of the reasons mentioned above,look for UAB to avenge last years 35-14 loss to the Green Wave in New Orleans.

11/29/03...TCU at SMU
This could be a nice home dog play. Although not in the same league these 2 team sare in close proximity to each other and have a long standing rivalry. The Mustangs are 0-3 vs the Frogs the last 3 years and have lost by a combined score of 115-23. The 'Stangs are on many experts most improved teams list for 2003. TCU will not be the powerhouse they were in 2002.

THE REST ;

9/20/03....Wyoming at Air Force
Somehow the Falcons lost last year in Laramie 34-26 as an 18 point fave, probably a letdown the week after their tough loss to N.D.In 2003 A.F. has their best team in years with outstanding wishbone QB Harridge.The Falcons rout the hapless Cowboys here.

1/15/03...Hawaii at Nevada
Look for Nevada to be an up and comer in the Wac this year. They have 17 starters back and 10 on D from a good team last year. The 'Bows are good but not the same team on the mainland as in Honolulu. I look for the Wolfpack to attone for last years 59-34 loss at Hawaii.

11/12/03...Marshall at Mia,O
WOW. It doesn't get much better than this. Who doesn't remember the wild ending and tempers flaring in this game in 2002. The Redhawks are picked to win the MAC and Marshall must replace QB Leftwich. Circle this one on your calendar boys.

11/8/03...Akron at CMU
One of the Chips 4 wins last year was a surprise at Akron 24-17.This year when the Zips visit CMU they have all 11 starters back from an offense that averaged 404 ypg in 2002, as well as potential star QB Chalie Frye. CMU is projected to have perhaps the worst D in the MAC.Giddyup.

9/13/03..BC at UConn
It will be a little harder for the Huskies to sneak up on people this year after last years 9-2 ATS record including their last 4 both ATS and SU.The Huskies lost last year at Chestnut Hill 24-16. The Eagles are retooling this year and the Huskies might be worth a look as a certain home dog in this one.

10/4...Temple at Middle Tenn St
This one is a beauty.MTSU will be a quality team that should win the Sun Belt in 2003.When they host the Owls here they will be coming off 3 consecutive road games vs Georgia, Clemson, and Mizzou. MTSU will probably lose all 3 contests and will arrive homelooking to thrash someone. What better candidate than Temple who will be lousy and playing ther 3rd consecutive road game. It gets better, the fact that Temple hails from a power conference could make the line a real bargain. The Owls will run into a buzzsaw here.

That's it for 2003 revenge games . Hope these give you guys some food for thought over the course of this coming NCAA football season.

Posted : August 18, 2003 6:07 pm
Share: