Notifications
Clear all

would anyone play -550 on serina williams?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
 higg
(@higg)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I have never wagered this much to win $100.
This girl is just now starting to crush her comp.
With 2 more wins she will be ranked #1 in the world no matter what her results are in the championship game. Feel real strong about this bet.
Any feedback is wecolmed.

Posted : July 2, 2002 12:26 pm
 Adam
(@Adam)
New Member Guest

I can post my predictions about tennis . Wimbledon is very hard to predict in this year. ( big upsets everyday). So I prefer the smallest tournament. I don't know if your bookie have this matches in their offer. Now in Poland we can even play on challenger in local bookie. I hope my info will be helpfull.

Posted : July 2, 2002 2:31 pm
 Adam
(@Adam)
New Member Guest

Hi higg I'm betting tennis very often . I saw Serena against Callens - and she was very lucky to escape in this tournament. Callens had 5-4 in first set and was serving - and lost first set. In the next round I bet against ( it was some rumours about her hurt leg) her I found a great price for Chanda Rubin but That was my mistake - next oponnet is young very experience Daniela Hantuchova (watch that girl and huuuuge leg) I'm not sure is -550 good price. I didn't trust Serena in this tournament. Probably she will win but I won't bet her matches.

Good Luck

Posted : July 3, 2002 1:08 am
(@gabbagoo)
Prominent Member

I was looking at starting to bet some tennis here, but I haven't followed any of the matches. It sounds like you guys have been following this. If you guys have some picks on these matches it would be greatly appreciated if you could post them. Thanks a bunch [Smile] !

Posted : July 3, 2002 1:46 am
 higg
(@higg)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the feedback;
Cant pull the trigger on this -550.
There are better value bets out there.

Posted : July 3, 2002 7:39 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

Just as a general rule and I have said this before actually, laying anything over -200 to me is a bad bet. You are having to risk double your return. over 5x the return is just not a smart wager regardless of the match-up.

You could give me Tiger Woods at -1500 over Happy Gilmore and I still wouldn't go for it. Just too many wacky things can happen that just don't warrant this type of risk.

A lot of what is required to be a long term winner is smarts, not luck. There is a lot to be said for value in lines and line movements. You have to figure that the people that are making the lines are handicappers themselves. To win you have to be a better handicapper then the line maker is.

MC

[ July 03, 2002, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Michael Cash ]

Posted : July 3, 2002 10:47 am
 Adam
(@Adam)
New Member Guest

Michael you are right. I didn't touch the odds below -250 especially in tennis. It doesn't matter who is playing . You never know when your favourite player will retire ( for example).

Good luck. Adam

Posted : July 3, 2002 2:23 pm
Share: