2009 Belmont Stakes Picks and Predictions

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2009 Belmont Stakes Picks and Predictions

The third leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown takes place today as the 141st running of the Belmont Stakes is set to run at Belmont Park from Elmont, New York.

Our team of writers and handicappers hand out their picks for the Belmont.

Bet the 2009 Belmont Stakes

Win: Mine That Bird 4/3

Trust us, we’re not taking the easy way out in predicting the favorite to win – Mine That Bird is just that powerful. After claiming victory at the Kentucky Derby despite being a 50/1 long shot, he finished second at the 2009 Preakness proving that his performance at Churchill Downs wasn’t a fluke. One of the fears is that Mine That Bird is fatigued after two huge races, but he’s one of those rare horses in that he never seems to run out of energy. He’s an outstanding galloper, uses powerful strides to sustain leads and is being ridden by one of the finer jockeys in horse racing in Calvin Borel. And not that weather should be a factor, but don’t forget that Mine That Bird won the Kentucky Derby despite sloppy conditions.

Place: Charitable Man 3/1

There’s a reason why Charitable Man has 3/1 odds despite not running in the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness. He’s currently undefeated at Belmont Park and also undefeated on dirt, which makes him a great value pick, although we hope his odds rise before post time. He’s also fresh and oddsmakers have liked him since day one, which speaks volumes about his chances to potentially knock off favorite Mine That Bird.

Show: Flying Private 18/1

Our long shot sleeper to jump up into the payouts is Flying Private, who has the experience in big races to potentially make a run of things on Saturday. He finished 19th at the Kentucky Derby, but then massively improved in his next race, the Preakness, by finishing fourth. The Belmont is a huge track and with a little luck, the big strider could offer a huge payday for bettors.

The 141st running of the Belmont Stakes is today, with the post time being at 6:30PM ET. The race will be live from Belmont Park in Elmont, New York and for complete odds on today’s race, see below. Also, be sure to check out our 2009 Belmont Stakes Viewing Guide for more information.

Odds to win 2009 Belmont Stakes 141

Mine That Bird 4/3

Dunkirk 5/1

Charitable Man 3/1

Chocolate Candy 12/1

Flying Private 18/1

Mr. Hot Stuff 18/1

Brave Victory 20/1

Miner’s Escape 20/1

Summer Bird 10/1

Luv Gov 25/1

Bet the 2009 Belmont Stakes

http://www.thespread.com/sports-betting-top-stories-900/2009-belmont-stakes-picks-and-predic.html

Posted : June 6, 2009 1:22 pm
Share: