2010 Belmont Stakes Odds – Contender Make Music For Me 9-1 to Win

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2010 Belmont Stakes Odds – Contender Make Music For Me 9-1 to Win

After finishing fourth at the Kentucky Derby, contender Make Music For Me looks to build off that effort when he competes at the 2010 Belmont Stakes on Saturday.

Bet The Belmont Stakes

Make Music For Me Info:

Owner(s): Ellen Johnson and Peter O. Johnson

Trainer: Alexis Barba

Jockey: Joel Rosario

Bred: Kentucky (USA)

Pedigree: Bernstein – Miss Cheers by Carson City

Opening Odds:

Make Music For Me opened at 8/1 to win the Belmont Stakes, but he his odds have since dropped to 9/1 according to oddsmakers from online sports book BroburySports.com.

Post Position:

The 3-year-old colt drew the No. 4 post position on Wednesday, which has produced a fair amount of winners over the years. The No. 4 post has won nine Belmont Stakes races, which ranks it behind the rail (23 winners), the No. 5 and No. 13 posts (13 winners each), the No. 7 post (12 wins) and the No. 2 post (11 wins).

Overview:

Somehow, Make Music For Me finished fourth at the Kentucky Derby on May 1 despite falling to dead last at one point during the race. He also faced major traffic issues and was forced eight wide, yet young jockey Joel Rosario did an outstanding job overcoming the many hurdles that he faced to push Make Music For Me to a fourth place finish. The thoroughbred also finished sixth at the G1 Blue Grass on April 10, finishing behind (among others) fellow Belmont Stakes contender First Dude.

2010 Belmont Stakes Odds

1. Dave in Dixie 20/1

2. Spangled Star 30/1

3. Uptowncharlybrown 8/1

4. Make Music for Me 9/1

5. Fly Down 4/1

6. Ice Box 2.5/1

7. Drosselmeye 12/1

8. Game On Dude 9/1

9. Stately Victor 14/1

10. Stay Put 20/1

11. First Dude 3/1