1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2012 UFC 147 Picks & Predictions for Franklin vs. Silva II
By Drew Sharper

BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil – UFC 147 takes place on Saturday night with some intriguing bouts. Here are a few picks to consider for tonight’s car.

UFC 147 will have its main card air live on PPV at 10PM ET. The bouts will be held in the Mineirhnho Gymnasium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

UFC Middleweight Bout – Rich Franklin (28-6) vs. Wanderlei Silva (34-11-1)

This fight should be a slug fest. Franklin won the first encounter but I like the underdog Silva in the rematch. His chin isn’t real strong and the possible for a KO is there, but the same can be said for Franklin. Given this fight is in Brazil, I see Silva coming out very motivated and aggressive and overwhelming Franklin. Should the fight go the distance, I would think it will favor Silva in his home country as well. FREE PICK – Wanderlei Silva +155

UFC Heavyweight Bout – Fabricio Werdum (15-5-1) vs. Mike Russow (15-1)

Werdum is fighting in his home country as well and taking on Russow, who hasn’t fought anyone at this level in his career. I thought Werdum had improved striking in his UFC return bout against Roy Nelson, and he will certainly be better on the ground than Russow. I see Werdum controlling this fight, but not being able to earn a stoppage. Give me the Brazilian by decision. FREE PICK – Fabricio Werdum -500

Posted : June 23, 2012 3:00 pm
Share: