1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2012 UFC 150 Picks & Predictions for Henderson vs. Edgar II
By Drew Sharper

DENVER, CO (TheSpread) – UFC 150 takes place on Saturday night and features a number of competitive bouts. Here are some picks to consider for the night.

UFC 150 will take place from the Pepsi Center in Denver with the main card bouts airing live on PPV at 10PM ET. Preliminary bouts air live on FX starting at 8PM ET.

UFC Lightweight Championship Bout – Benson Henderson (16-2) vs. Frankie Edgar (14-2-1)

This fight is a rematch of a close bout back at UFC 144. Henderson got the win, deserved in my opinion, as he landed stronger strikes and controlled the ground battle. In this fight, I think Henderson’s power and size is too much for Edgar. Henderson has a good balance of striking and wrestling and seems to pose problems for Edgar’s style. I see another unanimous decision victory for the current champ. FREE PICK – Benson Henderson -185

UFC Lightweight Bout – Melvin Guillard (30-10-2) vs. Donald Cerrone (18-4)

Guillard failed to make weight for this bout, which is never a good sign. I thought Cerrone would already win this bout, but the weight issues just puts a stamp on that. I think Cerrone will use his kicks and length to keep Guillard at bay and then he will eventually take the fight to the ground and win by submission. FREE PICK – Donald Cerrone -300

UFC Featherweight Bout – Justin Lawrence (4-0) vs. Max Holloway (5-1)

There aren’t a lot of promising upsets to consider in this card, so I went with the fight that has the closes odds. Both of these men are young to the sport, but Lawrence shows a lot of promise and trains with Team Black House, which features Anderson Silva. He has an aggressive style and big power for a featherweight. I expect him to overwhelm Holloway and get a TKO finish in the first . FREE PICK – Justin Lawrence -120

Posted : August 11, 2012 11:57 am
Share: