1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2012 UFC 152 Picks & Predictions for Jones vs. Belfort
By Drew Sharper

TORONTO, Ontario (TheSpread) – UFC 152 takes place on Saturday night and features a trio of featured bouts. Here are some picks to consider for the night.

Bet UFC 152

UFC 152 will take place from the Air Canada Centre in Toronto with the main card bouts airing live on PPV at 10PM ET. All odds are according to oddsmakers at Bovada.lv.

UFC Light Heavyweight Championship Bout – Jon Jones (16-1) vs. Vitor Belfort (21-9)

Belfort has the ability to win this fight because he has knockout power. Due to the lofty odds for Jones, it may just be worth it to take a flier on Belfort, because of the big payout if an upset happens. However, if you are breaking this fight down realistically, Jones has the edge in nearly every area and should be able to handle Belfort easily. Jones will use his size and length to keep distance and slowly pick apart Belfort before using his wrestling and submissions to finish the fight. FREE PICK – Jon Jones -925

UFC Flyweight Championship – Joseph Benavidez (16-2) vs. Demetrious Johnson (15-2-1)

This bout will crown the first 125-pound champion in the UFC. The key to this fight will likely come in the grappling game, and I think Benavidez has the edge. His lone two losses came against Dominick Cruz, the 135-pound champion, and that was due to wrestling. In this fight, Benavidez will be the stronger of the two fighters. If he can avoid the KO punch from Johnson, he should be able to grind out a decision victory and win his first UFC title. FREE PICK – Joseph Benavidez -280

UFC Middleweight Bout – Michael Bisping (22-4) vs. Brian Stann (12-4)

This fight will help determine who is on of the top contenders in the 185-pound division. Both men are well-rounded fighters and very talented, but I see Bisping having the edge here. Bisping has more experience in big fights and has the better all-around boxing skills when it comes to technique and footwork. I see Stann getting out-pointed in this fight, as he will land fewer punches and be unable to take the fight to the ground. Give me Bisping by decision. FREE PICK – Michigan Bisping -175

Posted : September 22, 2012 9:58 am
Share: