1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2012 UFC 153 Picks & Predictions for Silva vs. Bonnar
By Drew Sharper

RIO DE JANIERO, Brazil – UFC 153 takes place on Saturday night and we have some free picks to consider for the event.

UFC 153 will take place from the HSBC Arena in Rio with the main card bouts airing live on PPV at 10PM ET. All odds used are according to oddsmakers at Bovada.lv.

UFC Light Heavyweight Bout – Anderson Silva (32-4) taking on Stephan Bonnar (15-7)

I can see Bonnar bringing everything he’s got in this fight, but it is going to take more than heart to beat Silva. The UFC Middleweight champion is far quicker and more powerful per strike than Bonnar. The odds are so lopsided it may be worth taking a flyer on Bonnar for a potentially big payout if the upset happen, but it would take a near miracle. I see Silva by TKO in the first or second. FREE PICK – Anderson Silva -1350

UFC Light Heavyweight Bout – Glover Teixeira (18-2) takes on Fabio Maldonado (18-5)

I really like what I have seen in limited time from Teixeira. He has great all-around skills and just appears to be a superstar in the making. Maldonado will put up a fight and make him work, but ultimately I see this fight getting to the ground, and Teixeira putting on a choke to end it when Maldonado tires in the third round. FREE PICK – Glover Teixeria -360

UFC Welterweight Bout – Jon Fitch (23-4-1) vs. Erick Silva (14-2)

Silva has the edge of fighting in his home country, but thus far he has relied on explosive striking to win fights quickly. Fitch is a grinder that will survive the early storm and score takedowns to win rounds. I see Fitch pushing Silva for 15 minutes and scoring the decision victory in a minor upset. FREE PICK – Jon Fitch +110

Bet on UFC Odds

Posted : October 13, 2012 10:25 am
Share: